R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-16-2009, 10:01 PM   #10216
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hi guys/gals I have to say that I'm really grateful for all the support from the Losi crew and to Pablo Diablo for these parts!!!

Pablo the spool was a HUUUUUUGE success at the Xray Challenge this weekend placing in the 13.5 a main and the 17.5 a main. As a matter of fact only one top losi car didn't have your stuff on it and that is because i sold out before they arrived at the track !!!

Speaking of selling out, the demand for these parts has been incredible, I'm all sold out!!

I'm sure there will be more press on these parts considering their effectiveness at the race this weekend. To all those who have orders in, I've sent you all emails as always you will be first on the back order list or i can refund you the cash and notify you when stock arrives but it's first come first serve.

I've never been able to get the car to track straight under power and now i can, the spool is huge help w/ 13.5 i can't wait to try it with hotter winds at the electric regionals next month.

To all who've purchased Flying Fox product you can also expect stickers in the mail very soon, they are currently being printed.

We are working on a multiflex top deck for the car and will post here when the Lucas Urbain Edition Multi-Flex Top decks are done. (BTW this is news to Lucas too, so a congrats I think may be in order .

Whew, I don't think i forgot anything ... OH i did... After Talking with Paul Lemeuix (spelling) Jason Schreffler, and Ron Goetter and previously to Larry Fairtrace about Diff building, i'm going to do a little video on it. Apparently (and this proved itself out) a smooth, non-binding diff is just about essential to consistent rear grip with rubber on asphalt.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #10217
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Wow thats great to hear. I too always thought my car didn't want to go in a straight line before. The problem was the fact that the losi diff/spool was made to slip, but, on one side only. This problem still exists to a small extent on the diff. I am working on a solution for that at the moment. We have tryed the D ring solution but find that it chews through pulleys and wears out the diff tube quickly.

Anyway good to hear my products are helping people go faster. Thats what its really all about.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; 08-17-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 04:22 AM   #10218
Tech Regular

DIALED!
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 AM   #10219
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Hi guys/gals I have to say that I'm really grateful for all the support from the Losi crew and to Pablo Diablo for these parts!!!

Pablo the spool was a HUUUUUUGE success at the Xray Challenge this weekend placing in the 13.5 a main and the 17.5 a main. As a matter of fact only one top losi car didn't have your stuff on it and that is because i sold out before they arrived at the track !!!

Speaking of selling out, the demand for these parts has been incredible, I'm all sold out!!

I'm sure there will be more press on these parts considering their effectiveness at the race this weekend. To all those who have orders in, I've sent you all emails as always you will be first on the back order list or i can refund you the cash and notify you when stock arrives but it's first come first serve.

I've never been able to get the car to track straight under power and now i can, the spool is huge help w/ 13.5 i can't wait to try it with hotter winds at the electric regionals next month.

To all who've purchased Flying Fox product you can also expect stickers in the mail very soon, they are currently being printed.

We are working on a multiflex top deck for the car and will post here when the Lucas Urbain Edition Multi-Flex Top decks are done. (BTW this is news to Lucas too, so a congrats I think may be in order .

Whew, I don't think i forgot anything ... OH i did... After Talking with Paul Lemeuix (spelling) Jason Schreffler, and Ron Goetter and previously to Larry Fairtrace about Diff building, i'm going to do a little video on it. Apparently (and this proved itself out) a smooth, non-binding diff is just about essential to consistent rear grip with rubber on asphalt.
Like he said we had very succesful weekend at this 2009 Xray challenge, we had 2 Losi cars in the Amain, Scooy Horton finished 4th me finished 9th.

I met tory that day morning and got a shaft and a front spool and ran it all day, I never do any major change right before a big race but I had confidence on this guys after reading them on this board.

to make it short, I felt the diffrence in performance.

it helped me to get in to that last 2 spot available in A-main, top 8th spots are all filled by multi sponsered national champions incluede da one and only Paul Lemieux.

for that last 2 spots in the A, at least 10 diffrent local hot shots fought hard, very hard...X-ray, TAmiya, AE, Hotbodies, Corally you name it they all there in top shape with best equipments.

but my Losi/flyingfox(skyrocket) beat them all to take that spot.

My lunch time is running out, there is few comment I like to make about the flyingfox products I have few pictures for that too.

I ll be back after work.

PS: nice battle we had there in 2nd QUAL tory! mine and your Losi sliced through the whole field! hope to excahnge more paint with ya soon.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:50 PM   #10220
Tech Elite

Yeah no kidding I have to tell you that car was DIALED! I am soooo happy with it now more than ever. You were crazy fast! I didn't notice were you running the flex top plate on your 13.5?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
Like he said we had very succesful weekend at this 2009 Xray challenge, we had 2 Losi cars in the Amain, Scooy Horton finished 4th me finished 9th.

I met tory that day morning and got a shaft and a front spool and ran it all day, I never do any major change right before a big race but I had confidence on this guys after reading them on this board.

to make it short, I felt the diffrence in performance.

it helped me to get in to that last 2 spot available in A-main, top 8th spots are all filled by multi sponsered national champions incluede da one and only Paul Lemieux.

for that last 2 spots in the A, at least 10 diffrent local hot shots fought hard, very hard...X-ray, TAmiya, AE, Hotbodies, Corally you name it they all there in top shape with best equipments.

but my Losi/flyingfox(skyrocket) beat them all to take that spot.

My lunch time is running out, there is few comment I like to make about the flyingfox products I have few pictures for that too.

I ll be back after work.

PS: nice battle we had there in 2nd QUAL tory! mine and your Losi sliced through the whole field! hope to excahnge more paint with ya soon.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:12 PM   #10221
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default xray race, flying fox spool and ceramic thust and diff balls

First of all, congrats to those who finished well at the Xray race!! and I am also interested in the popular spool from flying fox!

My next question is whether or not it is worth to switch the carbide balls for ceramic ones for the rear thrust and diff? I am curious to know your suggestions and or experience.

Thanks
Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:45 PM   #10222
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRain View Post
First of all, congrats to those who finished well at the Xray race!! and I am also interested in the popular spool from flying fox!

My next question is whether or not it is worth to switch the carbide balls for ceramic ones for the rear thrust and diff? I am curious to know your suggestions and or experience.

Thanks
I would suggest this: http://www.mcmaster.com/#order-history/=38gau4

it's been flawless for me .

I should have them on my website very shortly along with niftech diff lube and associated black grease.
Old 08-17-2009, 08:00 PM   #10223
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I build mine just like the manual and never have a bit of problem. Too much grease is just as bad as too little. Losi clear grease on the pully balls and losi white grease on the trust bearing. I clean and regrease my diff once every 2-3 race nights. I haven't replaced any parts in my diff since Feb and my diff is still very smooth, most at the track are always wondering how I get the diffs so smooth. The key I think is proper break-in and probably about 20 years of building Losi diffs.
jkirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 PM   #10224
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Yeah no kidding I have to tell you that car was DIALED! I am soooo happy with it now more than ever. You were crazy fast! I didn't notice were you running the flex top plate on your 13.5?
Thanks, yes I was running that "Lucas upper-deck"

I put my setup sheet up on my Blog, come and check it out !

and Like I told you I'll write a review about the center shaft and a Pully maybe by tommorow to share with all of us.

I been doing pictures from the Xray race from 8PM till now 1 AM, still uploading, once its done you can see them in following link.

http://picasaweb.google.com/dajohnwee

good night~
Old 08-17-2009, 11:24 PM   #10225
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well done all.....

I too am running the FlyingFoxRC spool and am loving it. I managed to get a good touch on a wall last weekend and damaged (stripped out) the outdrive. Spool is still in perfect condition so no questions about its durability.

I am keen to see this diff building video as its my only remaining problem area on this chassis. That said I think I have got em sorted with AE carbide diff balls and xray thrust. Good for at least two modified runs in dusty conditions and more if its clean.