Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 01:28 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Nice looking blog so far John. You should add Jiles diff building vid too.

I do run a motor heat sink and fan. Just not in the picture there because one the fans started making lots of noises. But this weekend will be my first actually race with the new sxx tc so not sure how hot it'll get. The heatsink is attached to the board itself of the esc and cant be removed, so I would imangine it'll do well to disapate heat. The instructions says the fan isnt even needed(yeah right!). So didnt want to comment on my gearing because it's still a "unknown" until I get some run time in.

So far though I am diggin the sxxtc. Alot smaller in size and the wires come out front to back which is a great help in this car! This ESC makes the SP look like a brick. :P
Thanks, I always wanted to have RC Blog for some reason.

on Groskamps's Diff Video I noticed he dropped a Ball! hhahah

only thing I do diffrent then him is I use diff halves to sand down the rings, or I dont even wanted to do that no more so I bought a sanded pair from some company.

for ESC I dont think you need a Fan either. I ran 17.5 13.5 10.5 with Very BIG Pinions without any problem. but its also depend on your ambient temps too.

I heard u need to gear higher (small pinion) with SXX ,Tekin or all this timing boost ESCs

I might get a Tekin this weekend too.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 08-03-2009 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-03-2009, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 267 (98%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
Thanks, I always wanted to have RC Blog for some reason.

on Groskamps's Diff Video I noticed he dropped a Ball! hhahah

only thing I do diffrent then him is I use diff halves to sand down the rings, or I dont even wanted to do that no more so I bought a sanded pair from some company.

for ESC I dont think you need a Fan either. I ran 17.5 13.5 10.5 with Very BIG Pinions without any problem. but its also depend on your ambient temps too.

I heard u need to gear higher (small pinion) with SXX ,Tekin or all this timing boost ESCs

I might get a Tekin this weekend too.
Nice blog you have going there could really come in handy. I have a Tekin RS on the way for my TypeR and have no idea where to start with my gearing.
Old 08-03-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -WHEELMAN-
Nice blog you have going there could really come in handy. I have a Tekin RS on the way for my TypeR and have no idea where to start with my gearing.
Check the Tekin thread for a guide to that but generally a few teeth lower han most other speedies.

As far as I know you don't need a fan on the heatsink of any decent speedy for spec racing, only for mod.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:09 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thank you, Tekin "Power to the People!"
Old 08-03-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
Thank you, Tekin "Power to the People!"
ppfft...Not how I roll! Havent you always been told, "Blue is better"
Old 08-03-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by vr6cj
ppfft...Not how I roll! Havent you always been told, "Blue is better"

Ha Ha! Fire melts ice . i ordered my Flying Wolf Racing Replacement Losi Jrx-S Type R Layshaft. looks like some quality stuff. I just wish it had that cool anodized Losi color. looking forward to the spools as well. And im so lucky today I got the last one in stock. Oh yeah. One week and West Coast RC here i come!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Ha Ha! Fire melts ice . i ordered my Flying Wolf Racing Replacement Losi Jrx-S Type R Layshaft. looks like some quality stuff. I just wish it had that cool anodized Losi color. looking forward to the spools as well. And im so lucky today I got the last one in stock. Oh yeah. One week and West Coast RC here i come!
Unfortunately my inventory system has some bugs in it. I use OScommerce and for whatever reason even though i enter 0 in stock it thinks i have 1 left and won't let me add negative numbers to inventory . I sent you an email. I am sorry about that!!

There are shops that will anodize these aluminum parts in any color you want for a modest fee. I had one tucked away somewhere i'll dig it out. One guy got his whole type-r done in green .

Oh and it's Flying FOX Racing, my goofy self typed in Flying Wolf a while back and it kinda stuck hahaha.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

http://www.jrxsr.com

It's coming soon!!
Old 08-03-2009, 08:47 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Unfortunately my inventory system has some bugs in it. I use OScommerce and for whatever reason even though i enter 0 in stock it thinks i have 1 left and won't let me add negative numbers to inventory . I sent you an email. I am sorry about that!!

There are shops that will anodize these aluminum parts in any color you want for a modest fee. I had one tucked away somewhere i'll dig it out. One guy got his whole type-r done in green .

Oh and it's Flying FOX Racing, my goofy self typed in Flying Wolf a while back and it kinda stuck hahaha.
Bummer. Ill check the mail and hopefully wont hold me back too long. An aodized one would be cool but I know its costly. yeah i know its flying fox didnt even notice that but I copy pasted that part from the web page on skyrocket where I purchased it. Might want to look into getting that edited. Funny how a little boo boo like that makes its rounds. I know the feeling work for an engineeer, my work goes out to developers city, county, state etc...
Old 08-03-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

/beavisvoice .... FIRE!@ FIRE!@ HA! AH!

/Butthead ... "I dont thing your go thingy there is suppose to be on FIRE Beavis? Dumbarse"

Old 08-03-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

It's coming soon!!
Hmm, is it going be a site about the TYPE-R!! O goodie! Sersiously! hahaha
Old 08-03-2009, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

It's coming soon!!
Joomla! cool
Old 08-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bummer. Ill check the mail and hopefully wont hold me back too long. An aodized one would be cool but I know its costly. yeah i know its flying fox didnt even notice that but I copy pasted that part from the web page on skyrocket where I purchased it. Might want to look into getting that edited. Funny how a little boo boo like that makes its rounds. I know the feeling work for an engineeer, my work goes out to developers city, county, state etc...
I think anodizing was looked at but it just added cost to the product and I believe it also changed the size slightly which was not a constant value so in some ways it would be a lesser quality product if anodized.
Old 08-03-2009, 11:47 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Losi rules at Euro champ

Hi Type R fans,
I assisted Lucas Urbain during the last Euro and I would like to share with you some infos. Lucas is running the Type R since 2 years prior was running Xray. We worked together in order to adapt the car to the European track.
Lucas was the fastest guy in A Main but due to some crash (thanks Wilk in first main and Huppo in second !!). By the way it is a really good result for the type R, the best in Europe.
Main mod is the flex, we cut the cross on the upper dek and do not use any link between main chassis and upper deck, this allow the max flex. We strap the battery with tape in order to not affect the flex. No JR link. We use 2° rear toe in and 35 wt oil every where and red pistons + 0.50 sway bar all around. High roll center all round. High diff pos in front low in rear. Other adjustement have been variable to the track condition.
Old 08-04-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Elite

Grats to him. We have been following him and his type-r over the past few days and wondering about his setup. lol

Thanks for coming here and sharing. Feel free to comment in the future. We love are type-r's. lol

Welcome to the forums.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.