R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-15-2009, 09:43 AM   #9856
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
This is nuts I use, Xray sells them also in silver ... There not as tall so there better with cut axles also,There serated so they hold wheel a ton better and soo easy off and on....Jason and Larry turned me on to these right away...
yea, buddy of mine been telling me that for years, I didnt listn to him. I should go get some of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
Hows this for a clue. Its just a prototype so expect the production version to look a bit better.

No more sliping spolls! It uses the the Losi clip in outdrives on both side so changing will be quick and easy, it will save some rotating weight and the pully runs true unlike the kit setup. I have to test it now to be shure it is unbreakable.
nice, I might get that and a lay shaft same time.

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 07-15-2009 at 11:45 AM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #9857
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
Hows this for a clue. Its just a prototype so expect the production version to look a bit better.

No more sliping spolls! It uses the the Losi clip in outdrives on both side so changing will be quick and easy, it will save some rotating weight and the pully runs true unlike the kit setup. I have to test it now to be shure it is unbreakable.
they next issue will be the plastic outdrives, they can shift inside the spool. If you can make the tolerances of the locating "nubs" as tight as possible.
Old 07-15-2009, 09:01 PM   #9858
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

anyone interested in a type-r?
pm me...im going to unload it.i have to get all the goods togehter and take pics.
will come with lrp bl comp esc...tires...nib parts...parts that are loose...

pm me if interested
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 10:30 PM   #9859
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
anyone interested in a type-r?
pm me...im going to unload it.i have to get all the goods togehter and take pics.
will come with lrp bl comp esc...tires...nib parts...parts that are loose...

pm me if interested
What is up with all you guys back there unloading your Type R's? Is it because Haynes, Schreffler and Fairtrace moved on? I am seeing all sorts of Type R's up for sale in the area that those guys raced at. I have gotten help from all three of them on the car, but I am not ready to dump it because they chose a different brand. It has just been an interesting observation as of late.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 11:54 PM   #9860
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
What is up with all you guys back there unloading your Type R's? Is it because Haynes, Schreffler and Fairtrace moved on? I am seeing all sorts of Type R's up for sale in the area that those guys raced at. I have gotten help from all three of them on the car, but I am not ready to dump it because they chose a different brand. It has just been an interesting observation as of late.
to be honest with ya it has nothing to do with them dudes going elsewhere.i heard rumor that where i like to race at in the winter isnt going to be racing no more there.
further more my oldest son had a 4th of july accident and has burnt 32% of his body.and i need the funds...im selling my 1/8 buggy to.
i would love to keep the car...there are other places to race them.
when things get better for me i will purchase another tc and it will be losi.i have been losi since day one and will not change that...
Old 07-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #9861
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
to be honest with ya it has nothing to do with them dudes going elsewhere.i heard rumor that where i like to race at in the winter isnt going to be racing no more there.
further more my oldest son had a 4th of july accident and has burnt 32% of his body.and i need the funds...im selling my 1/8 buggy to.
when things get better for me i will purchase another tc and it will be losi.i have been losi since day one and will not change that...
Sorry for your son and I hope things go well for you. I did not mean to come down on you. I was just noticing a lot of them for sale back that way. Racing is deffinitely not priority when you need to take car of your child. If I did not have four already I may have considered it for myself. Hopefully you will get it sold quickly.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 10:34 AM   #9862
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Are they not going to run that indoor carpet place I raced at a few years back? I had alot of fun at that track. Wish it wasn't 2 1/2 hours away plus in the winter they tend to get alot more snow than we get here in Harrisburg.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 11:00 AM   #9863
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Are they not going to run that indoor carpet place I raced at a few years back? I had alot of fun at that track. Wish it wasn't 2 1/2 hours away plus in the winter they tend to get alot more snow than we get here in Harrisburg.
brian,
rumors are only rumors...nothing set in stone yet...will have to wait and see what happens.
Old 07-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #9864
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
brian,
rumors are only rumors...nothing set in stone yet...will have to wait and see what happens.
I hope not. I want to run a few times this winter up their if they are open. Especially since I have sensored speedo now.
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 07:47 PM   #9865
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Got my Flying Fox products today... Great work Guys, nice fit and finish.. Tory I look foward to running these sweet products....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 09:15 PM   #9866
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
Got my Flying Fox products today... Great work Guys, nice fit and finish.. Tory I look foward to running these sweet products....
Sweet i was hoping it would get to you before the weekend. Take some photos when you get a chance . I should have taken some pix today but it slipped my mind.

Paul did a bang up job on these units i installed one today for another racer and there was an immediate difference in the distance the car rolled before all the slack in the drive train was gone.

I'm REALLY looking forward to getting the Flying Fox spool!
Old 07-16-2009, 09:24 PM   #9867
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Nothing makes me happier than good feeback! I'll be racing tonight for the first time in a while to test out the new spool. Will let you know how it goes.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 01:40 PM   #9868
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

I'm finally going to go through my car and getting it ready for fall. Other than shaving the axles, are there any other musts that this car needs? I ordered the new lay shaft and need to pick up the metal battery tray. I'm going to run a 13.5 with a spool on carpet to start. I've run the car as bought with a 13.5, GTB and the setup that was on it. It was very quick, but the axles cost me front and rear arms. I'm also going to be picking up some of those locking flange 4mm thin nuts. I'm guessing if I can make the wheel and not the axle part of the impact zone, I should be break a lot fewer parts.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:36 PM   #9869
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
and need to pick up the metal battery tray.
dont get that metal tray, you will need to balance the car front to rear and left to right by running lots of lead weights, if you run metal tray with that you will be way over weighted.
Old 07-17-2009, 02:55 PM   #9870
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Yes get the metal tray..I mount speedo on left side and reciver and transponder on r/s. I have 14 grams in front of servo and 32 grams on r/s near pinion gear. I never checked wt on my car l to r or f to r and have NO issues.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote