R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-14-2009, 05:46 PM   #9841
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
Lemme rephrase...

not after "few weeks".... I had these hexes for about "a year" I do have all three thickness and sometime thinnest one scratch bubs by that screw from beggining. and other thicknesses start having "digging" problems

thanks for the input but like It showed on the title the problem is for those "Aluminium" one

I didnt tried stock plastic one yet.

it may spin good on the hex but if you disassemble a hub carrier and tighten a wheel with a nut as usual, you might have one or two "crushed" feeling one that bind on spin.

thats how I test my Ballbearings since I found digged alloy hex on my car.

I dont think I crushed those nuts too far, I tried with brand new BB and result are same for the "digged" hex.

try spin a wheel ike I said above, you might find surprise for yourself.\

anyway. any fix or solution for this.? or any one had same problem like mine?
I have had this issue in past.. It was a weak hex in genral. I replace with new hex and was perfect again.

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 06:26 PM   #9842
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
I have had this issue in past.. It was a weak hex in genral. I replace with new hex and was perfect again.
hmmmm thanks

I m going to try AE one next week hope this one last, any one know thickness of this hex?

or do I need one that made for TC5? (ASC31234)

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 07-14-2009 at 06:41 PM.
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:02 PM   #9843
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:

thanks for the input but like It showed on the title the problem is for those "Aluminium" one
I skimmed right over the title. Sorry about that. I personally have not had an issue with my hexes, but I don't mash them down when I tighten them on the axle either. Not sure how you are gouging out the slot in the hex where the pin goes.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 07:15 PM   #9844
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
I skimmed right over the title. Sorry about that. I personally have not had an issue with my hexes, but I don't mash them down when I tighten them on the axle either. Not sure how you are gouging out the slot in the hex where the pin goes.

i thinnk axle pin keep digging in to a hex every time I do side impact or over tighten that Rear right wheel nut (one that get loose all the time)

instead of tighten that nut harder, I ll just just replace that 4mm nuts more often
Old 07-15-2009, 12:00 AM   #9845
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

quick question... do the trinity 3800 packs fit the steel lipo tray and clear the belt pulleys?
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 05:16 AM   #9846
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Quote:
i thinnk axle pin keep digging in to a hex every time I do side impact or over tighten that Rear right wheel nut (one that get loose all the time)

instead of tighten that nut harder, I ll just just replace that 4mm nuts more often
This is nuts I use, Xray sells them also in silver ... There not as tall so there better with cut axles also,There serated so they hold wheel a ton better and soo easy off and on....Jason and Larry turned me on to these right away...

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:43 AM   #9847
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo View Post
I'm not far from showing you all my next part for the Type R!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS_chris View Post
Looking forward to seeing this!

Any clues?
Hows this for a clue. Its just a prototype so expect the production version to look a bit better.

No more sliping spools! It uses the the Losi clip in outdrives on both side so changing will be quick and easy, it will save some rotating weight and the pully runs true unlike the kit setup. I have to test it now to be sure it is unbreakable.
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS Type-R-imgp4269a.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-imgp4270a.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-imgp4271a.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-imgp4272a.jpg  

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah

Last edited by Pablo Diablo; 07-15-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:49 AM   #9848
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to wyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
This is nuts I use, Xray sells them also in silver ... There not as tall so there better with cut axles also,There serated so they hold wheel a ton better and soo easy off and on....Jason and Larry turned me on to these right away...
Yeah GOAT and Schreff told me about those type of wheel nuts as well. I bought a pack from GOAT that TOP has and never ever a loose wheel again (except behind the wheel ). Very easy to tighten up and just as easy to loosen. Actually want to buy a few more packs because they work great. Wish I would of had these over the last few years and it would of saved me alot of grief!!!!!!!!!!
Custom Works (Best Oval Cars around). Too many titles to list
Shout out to: Sticky Kicks, CR Graphics and Race Ready Products
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 07:52 AM   #9849
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Hows this for a clue. Its just a prototype so expect the production version to look a bit better.

No more sliping spolls! It uses the the Losi clip in outdrives on both side so changing will be quick and easy, it will save some rotating weight and the pully runs true unlike the kit setup. I have to test it now to be shure it is unbreakable.
I need one of those and the new rear shaft. Let us know when they are ready to sell.

Edit: Lay shaft has been ordered. Can wait to see the spool!

Last edited by liljohn1064; 07-15-2009 at 08:20 AM.
liljohn1064 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #9850
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to Pablo Diablo

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
I need one of those and the new rear shaft. Let us know when they are ready to sell.
I will do. The Layshafts are in stock at Skyrocket Batteries if you want one now. Sould be around 2 weeks untill I have production spools.

Losi Type R | Xray T3 | CRC Gen XL | CRC Gen X 10 ME(Messiah Edition) | Black Diamond

www.FlyingFoxRC.com | Advanced Electronics | Team CRC | Factory Messiah
Pablo Diablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 08:19 AM   #9851
Tech Champion

Send a message via AIM to liljohn1064 Send a message via MSN to liljohn1064 Send a message via Yahoo to liljohn1064

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Yeah GOAT and Schreff told me about those type of wheel nuts as well. I bought a pack from GOAT that TOP has and never ever a loose wheel again (except behind the wheel ). Very easy to tighten up and just as easy to loosen. Actually want to buy a few more packs because they work great. Wish I would of had these over the last few years and it would of saved me alot of grief!!!!!!!!!!
Like these? Special Threaded Locknuts Just asking as this is what my LHS can get in stock for me.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:23 AM   #9852
Tech Champion

Quote:
I will do. The Layshafts are in stock at Skyrocket Batteries if you want one now. Sould be around 2 weeks untill I have production spools.
Oder completed, Ship it! This will be my first real attemp at touring car. I've run a couple of races, but haven't really taken our 13.5 class seriously. I'm hoping our track does a 17.5 Novice/Sportsmans class.
Old 07-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #9853
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:

No more sliping spolls! It uses the the Losi clip in outdrives on both side so changing will be quick and easy, it will save some rotating weight and the pully runs true unlike the kit setup. I have to test it now to be shure it is unbreakable.
That's great I was hoping you would be making one. I'll order one as soon as skyrocket lists it on the website.
jkirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #9854
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
Oder completed, Ship it! This will be my first real attemp at touring car. I've run a couple of races, but haven't really taken our 13.5 class seriously. I'm hoping our track does a 17.5 Novice/Sportsmans class.

Got your order it will ship ASAP!
Old 07-15-2009, 09:09 AM   #9855
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Question for you gentlemen.

I've been running a 21.5 touring class this summer because all the 17.5 guys have taken the summer off. The tires we use are the Vintage spec tires but we allow any body as long as it's not a race specific touing body. The goal of the class is to have it look realistic and be slow enough for new guys.

I've been running a one-way and am faster with it over the diff by .3 sec per lap. It's fun to drive but with the one-way there is one hairpin corner I really have to be careful on which is located at the end of the strait. I usually us my 2wd off-road skills and just drift the car into the first corner. I'm estimating a loose of time of about .5-.1 sec loss by not being able to break hard into that corner. Keep in mind that I'm still quite a bit faster with the one-way over the diff.

Has anyone sucessfully got the spool to work with lowered power cars? I was going to try try it next time out but was just wondering if anyone else has had any experience with it.
jkirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote