Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

are the lay shafts available in the us yet?
Old 06-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalracer2
are the lay shafts available in the us yet?
They should be in the air as we speak. The moment I get confirmation they are at the shop I will let you know.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

cool
thanks
Old 06-02-2009, 06:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Catbutt
I know it's a little late in the game but I thought I'd share some pics of my new type R. I did not include any under the hood pics as I'm sure by now everyone knows what to expect there I'm new to on-road (experienced in off-road-Losi 8ight electric conversion) and this is my first. The car is brilliant and was easy to build. It is also a unique design and comes LiPO ready right from the box-nice touches and helped my descision. I run on ad-hoc parking lot tracks against X-Ray and Kyosho nitros with high-end racing modified mills and hang with them with ease. Under the hood I run a Novak GTB, 3.5r brushless, TrueRC 5000 LiPO, Nomadio reciever and all 3 fans on the can. I am having problems keeping the rear from stepping out under acceleration after hard turns. To combat this I installed a 41 tooth overdrive pulley up front and now the rear comes around on me during hard breaking turns or hard off power turns. Any ideas for a fix in this area would be welcome. My next step is to try a different set-up like Schreff's Jackson set-up which is very divergent from where I'm set now.
I have been running this car for a short while now and have had good success with it. The biggest problem I have had with this chassis is getting a good smooth and tight rear diff. I have tried many parts to improve it so far and these are the things that have made an improvement so far...

* Mill/File the alloy diff tube (large allloy piece that the diff bearings run on) to allow the use of a d-ring type diff ring on both sides of the pulley. This will eliminate the "tweaked" feeling you get on power when the diff slips.

* Dissasemble two thrust bearing cages and make up a thrust bearing using the standard washers but use loose balls. This allows you to have a 10 ball thrust bearing vs the 7 in the cage.

* Get better diff balls. I have found the associated diff balls (TC5) to be the best I have used so far. Stay away from ceramic in modified, they slip too easy under load.

Also use a bit of super glue on the thread of the diff hub before assembling the diff as this helps to keep the diff from loosening up during a run. Another thing to consider is your motor. I have found a 4.0 is the most you will need and is what all the pro drivers run with 6cell/lipo. The 3.5 will take its toll on the chassis and its performance with too much power. Ultimatley if you run on dirty surfaces like a car park you will find your diff only good for about 2 competative runs anyway as it will fill with dirt real quick. I suggest you build a few diffs up so you can swap them out every couple of runs when they start feeling "gritty".

Hope this helps.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
I know the Yun Tong (Reedy) 35c Lipo's fit. I've heard of people using Thunder Power 5000 40C's but that involves some dremel work.
By Yun Tong, do you mean the European sized version?
http://aedownloads.com/press/in_052009_reedy711.pdf

Thunder Power looks like it isn't hard case. I am seeing that correctly or am I looking at the wrong ones?

Thanks for the info.
Old 06-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Lapcounter
By Yun Tong, do you mean the European sized version?
http://aedownloads.com/press/in_052009_reedy711.pdf

Thunder Power looks like it isn't hard case. I am seeing that correctly or am I looking at the wrong ones?

Thanks for the info.
The yuntong (and I imagine the reedy) packs have the bullet connectors in a fair margin from the edge of the pack. For this reason you do need to dremel the top deck a little. I believe the reedy packs can be brought with deans plugs already installed so I imagine they would fit no problems. I have been told by a number of people that the Thunderpower 5000 40C fits with no mods. In my experience though any decent pack goes as good as any other. You need to run mod to pick the difference. This is proven by lap times.
Old 06-03-2009, 11:03 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jaz406
Start here with Mike Hanyes VTA setup
Thank you for your drawings
Old 06-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I feel like banging my head against the wall.............
Why?
Old 06-03-2009, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Chris, I think that the correct answer to the TP5000 in the TypeR has been given on this thread about 15 times, and someone came in here and gave the wrong answer.
Old 06-04-2009, 12:11 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kwikvdub
Hey Larry, What do you think of the new Losi LiPo's??.......... How's the fitment in the car and performance??

Wasn't sure if you ran it on Sunday. I know you had the other cells with ya, the one's you had at Blue Diamond.

Thanks Bro!
I ran the new losi lipo's in my 13.5 foam car sunday.
Old 06-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

Anyone have any suggestions on how to get more chassis flex out of the Type R without messing with the setup too much? I am running on a low/medium bite unprepared parking lot track. I think that the steel tray is taking away flex but I like the weight at the low CG. Any suggestions would be much appreciated..
Old 06-05-2009, 06:04 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cpatel529
Anyone have any suggestions on how to get more chassis flex out of the Type R without messing with the setup too much? I am running on a low/medium bite unprepared parking lot track. I think that the steel tray is taking away flex but I like the weight at the low CG. Any suggestions would be much appreciated..
Lose 4 screws from the top deck to get some flex. If track is lose I thnk it will be better to get rid of the metal plate and run leads around the chassis.
Old 06-06-2009, 01:26 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
Lose 4 screws from the top deck to get some flex. If track is lose I thnk it will be better to get rid of the metal plate and run leads around the chassis.
Ditto... Dump the steel tray and use the kit tray. Balancing weights up front to get 50/50 weight distribution will also make you faster.
Old 06-08-2009, 03:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Thumbs up Layshafts in STOCK!!

The Flying Fox Lay Shafts are in my hands as we speak! They are up on the website too ready for shipping.

As a bonus the first 10 orders, use coupon code "flyingfox" to get half off shipping for a limited time!!!

http://www.skyrocketbatteries.com/pr...products_id=81
Old 06-08-2009, 03:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Order placed. Look forward to seeing the quality for myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.