R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-20-2009, 12:45 AM   #9376
Tech Elite
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbill4u View Post
Any brother can help me to improve my losi setup? I start with the kit rubber setup but change to Front AE oil 35 and 17.5lbs / Rear AE oil 30 & 17.5lbs

the track is outdoor asphalt, thx so much

Also, I use 11.5T, what ratio is recomment? I use losi 118t 64p with pinion 48t 64p that is the max limit, I feel the car is not fast enough, I don't have the PRS adaptor it out of stock.........
Well, what do you want the car to do? is it loose? does it push? is there enough on power steering? etc. I am not the one driving the car, so its hard to tell what needs improvement on the car.

Are you positive that you have a 48 tooth in the car? that sounds awefully high for an 11.5. Make sure you don't have a faulty pack or motor. If anything, i'd say that you'd need to gear down!
__________________
Support your local tracks!--|--e-teamhobbyplex.com--|--corrc.org--|

NNFaN Paints - Add some pride to YOUR ride.
a_main_attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:41 AM   #9377
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
Well, what do you want the car to do? is it loose? does it push? is there enough on power steering? etc. I am not the one driving the car, so its hard to tell what needs improvement on the car.

Are you positive that you have a 48 tooth in the car? that sounds awefully high for an 11.5. Make sure you don't have a faulty pack or motor. If anything, i'd say that you'd need to gear down!
I feel a little bit push(on power)
billbill4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 03:47 AM   #9378
Tech Elite
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Well, you can do a variety of things, but i'd start by decreasing front downtravel, and see how that works.
__________________
Support your local tracks!--|--e-teamhobbyplex.com--|--corrc.org--|

NNFaN Paints - Add some pride to YOUR ride.
a_main_attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #9379
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbill4u View Post
I feel a little bit push(on power)
get rid of JR link if you have them, also balanced the chassis FR to RR and LF to Right.

of cos minimnize the droop and riding height.

those things helped me alot.
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 08:10 PM   #9380
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
get rid of JR link if you have them, also balanced the chassis FR to RR and LF to Right.

of cos minimnize the droop and riding height.

those things helped me alot.
ok, I will try your setting tonight, thx so much!

if I want more steering, is it necessary to add more weight on the front as what the manual said? Front 52%, rear 48%?
billbill4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2009, 09:06 PM   #9381
Tech Elite
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Sooo... Who's reppin' the R at the nationals?
__________________
Support your local tracks!--|--e-teamhobbyplex.com--|--corrc.org--|

NNFaN Paints - Add some pride to YOUR ride.
a_main_attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:31 PM   #9382
Tech Elite
 
iPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 2,824
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl
Default

Any of you own JXR-S Pro and JXRs Type-R ???

I am wondering if its possible to fit the Type-R A-arms and Shock Towers on the Pro w/o major modification ? (Small dremeling and shaving off i can do)

Basicly i wanna have JXR-S Pro with the front motor but with the New longer suspension travel of the Type-R.
__________________
Design Of Things !!!
iPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:37 PM   #9383
Tech Elite
 
a_main_attendee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Posts: 2,880
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iPearl View Post
Any of you own JXR-S Pro and JXRs Type-R ???

I am wondering if its possible to fit the Type-R A-arms and Shock Towers on the Pro w/o major modification ? (Small dremeling and shaving off i can do)

Basicly i wanna have JXR-S Pro with the front motor but with the New longer suspension travel of the Type-R.
I think it may be too much of a hassle, but i'm not sure. I have a buddy who has an original jrxs and i'll ask him if he can bring it over. The only thing i can see being an issue would be the diff mounts being too wide to allow the hinge pins to come closser to the centerline, but again, i'm not sure. I beleive the shock towers are simular.

Edit, the rear are simular, the fronts are not.
__________________
Support your local tracks!--|--e-teamhobbyplex.com--|--corrc.org--|

NNFaN Paints - Add some pride to YOUR ride.
a_main_attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:44 PM   #9384
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
Sooo... Who's reppin' the R at the nationals?
I think Larry Fairtrace and maybe Mike Larcher
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 12:57 PM   #9385
Tech Elite
 
iPearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cypress, TX
Posts: 2,824
Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to iPearl Send a message via MSN to iPearl
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_main_attendee View Post
I think it may be too much of a hassle, but i'm not sure. I have a buddy who has an original jrxs and i'll ask him if he can bring it over. The only thing i can see being an issue would be the diff mounts being too wide to allow the hinge pins to come closser to the centerline, but again, i'm not sure. I beleive the shock towers are simular.

Edit, the rear are simular, the fronts are not.
By rear similar,...
Do the mounting points that screw the shock tower down line up correct to the metal part ???
and do the A-Arms fit ???

So the front is completely different ?
Only the rear is similar ?

I am happy with the Weight up front and the weight shift up front.
But that new suspension interests me,
__________________
Design Of Things !!!
iPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2009, 09:24 PM   #9386
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 734
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
I think Larry Fairtrace and maybe Mike Larcher
Larcher ran the Corally. Mike had bad luck throughout the whole week. Ron Goetter ran the losi but also had some bad luck.

In 17.5 foam Brian Lutz is sitting in 4th with the car and I am sitting 7th.
In 13.5 foam Dave Johnson is running the car in the 10th spot.
Rubber tire, Lutz is qualified 7th. Larry is in the 10th spot.

Sorry to any I missed simply because I was unaware.

It has become apparent to me at the nats that it is all about the right package and a majority of the top racers all tend to have similar patterns in chassis/motor/battery/speedo choices. Almost everyone is running a DUO based motor. Most common speedo being the tekin RS/RS Pro. The clear best stick is the Thunder power 40C. Chassis' there is a variety, but mainly a sea of corally's.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:33 PM   #9387
Company Representative
 
SweepRacingUSA's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: www.SweepRacingUSA.com
Posts: 1,690
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelV View Post
Larcher ran the Corally. Mike had bad luck throughout the whole week. Ron Goetter ran the losi but also had some bad luck.

In 17.5 foam Brian Lutz is sitting in 4th with the car and I am sitting 7th.
In 13.5 foam Dave Johnson is running the car in the 10th spot.
Rubber tire, Lutz is qualified 7th. Larry is in the 10th spot.

Sorry to any I missed simply because I was unaware.

It has become apparent to me at the nats that it is all about the right package and a majority of the top racers all tend to have similar patterns in chassis/motor/battery/speedo choices. Almost everyone is running a DUO based motor. Most common speedo being the tekin RS/RS Pro. The clear best stick is the Thunder power 40C. Chassis' there is a variety, but mainly a sea of corally's.

forgot about "da Goat" !

SMC Losing a ground against TP as expected..I heard TP fits better on the Losi too.


Larcher you trader!!!
__________________
SweepRacingUSA.com 2014 &2015 US. NATIONAL CHAMPION!
10th Buggy F1 TC 8th Buggy 8th Truggy GT8 M-Chassis Monster Truck(SRC) Bodies&Wings
SweepRacingUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 12:53 PM   #9388
Tech Champion
 
MikeXray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 5,747
Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_John_wee View Post
forgot about "da Goat" !

SMC Losing a ground against TP as expected..I heard TP fits better on the Losi too.


Larcher you trader!!!
at 360, the phi is better, my type-r would have held up better and probably been easier to drive, but I knew there wouldn't be enough time to "test" both cars. Joel's car looked awesome this weekend.
__________________
Mike L. Awesomatixusa.com | TQWire.com | Islandraceway.com |JacksonRCracing.com | Horsham RC | Sweepracingusa.com
MikeXray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:18 PM   #9389
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 5,310
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Why are you guys so keen to get rid of the "JR link"? have only had the chassis a short while but I have had no lack of pace with it yet. In theroy a long link provides more mid corner bite which on a very resposive chassis is not a bad thing.
__________________
Blade: Andro Treiber H 79g AN
FH: Donic Bluefire M3 Max Blk
BH: Donic Bluefire M2 Max Red
Powered by Falco
Dragonfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:55 PM   #9390
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonfire View Post
Why are you guys so keen to get rid of the "JR link"? have only had the chassis a short while but I have had no lack of pace with it yet. In theroy a long link provides more mid corner bite which on a very resposive chassis is not a bad thing.
I ran the car for awhile with it then dropped it and I feel it is even better. I will probably never go back to it.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:58 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0