Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yub, yub, cmdr!
Hey all,

I was absentmindedly building a brand new diff while watching TV. Built it right but then tightened it too much; it went "click." I loosened it and turned it, and it just clicks like a bike one-way. Then I took it apart, checked all the parts (they look fine; the thrust rolls fine it seems) regreased everything and put it back together. Now it has crunchy spots evenly around its rotation. Do you know what part is causing this trouble?

Thanks.
try checking the diff pulley (black thing in the center of the diff) see if you cracked it where any of the balls go in if not rip it all apart and start over and see if you get different results
Old 02-23-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Yub, yub, cmdr!
Hey all,

I was absentmindedly building a brand new diff while watching TV. Built it right but then tightened it too much; it went "click." I loosened it and turned it, and it just clicks like a bike one-way. Then I took it apart, checked all the parts (they look fine; the thrust rolls fine it seems) regreased everything and put it back together. Now it has crunchy spots evenly around its rotation. Do you know what part is causing this trouble?

Thanks.
if your using the stock thrust bearing you damaged the cage. You may have also stripped the threads in the outdrive, they make a snapping noise when the break, but still feel like they thread, it's odd.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
I'm interested.... I've got all my pullies lathed down already, so as long as the layshaft takes standard drive pullies it will be good. Have you got a contact?

You will hear more very soon. Still testing the prototype at the moment.

The new layshaft/spur adaptor will be one piece made from 7075 so nice and light. It will have a solid 5mm shaft (using 5x8 bearings) so no more stripped spurs caused by the flexing of standard shaft and able to fit standard spurs. The spur also runs absolutely true and allows a more precise mesh to your pinion.

More soon.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-typershaft1.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-typershaft2.jpg  
Old 02-23-2009, 08:08 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Check to make sure you got the correct spring in the diff. My second kit came with the wrong size diff spring (The one from the xxx-cr.) The xxx-cr one is black in color and longer than the silver short one required. If the thrust bearing is visible through the tube on the outside, then this is a dead giveaway.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:34 AM
Tech Adept

Yeah, the springs are right. Whoever said it was the thrust bearing was correct; I tried the thrust bearing from the smooth diff and it works fine. I'll just buy another thrust bearing.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I need a little help with my set up
The car has a push in the high-speed turns and in the entrance of the turns but it turns good mid to exit.
Also the rear wants to come lose on the exit or a turn

How big of a deal is it to have a washer under the ball stud on the spindle and what does it do for handling wise?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp
set up 2.22.09.bmp (175.3 KB, 54 views)
Old 02-23-2009, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sickjamminracer
do you mean this pack??

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/31890

my pack is

Length: 136mm (5.3")
Width: 47mm (1.85")
Height: 22mm (0.87")

and the orion 5000 is

Length: 137.5mm
Width: 47mm
Height: 23mm

so that means it should fit with no mods
Yeah that is the one I am talking about that fits with no modifications. The old Orion 3200 fits but the old Orion 3600 doesn't fit because it is too wide and hits the belts.
Old 02-23-2009, 04:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have not posted this in the FS thread yet. I thought I would offer it here first. I am going to sell one of my Type R's. It has been raced on ashpalt so it shows typical wear on the rear of the chassis. I will sell either my foam car of my rubber car. Rubber has one way and spools. Car will come with a lipo tray and a bunch of parts. All NIP. I also have a TrakPower 4900 that I can include in it. The pack is fairly new since I don't race much. The pack has been modified to fit in the car. All in all, will sell for $250 as roller and parts. Alot of parts. (arms, knuckles, springs, diff parts, spools) Or $300 with Lipo. And will take offers on trades. And or reasonable offers on car. I am going to post this in the FS thread in a couple of days. I can take pict and send them to you if you PM me an email.

RedRocket
Old 02-23-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Andy Crosson
Yeah that is the one I am talking about that fits with no modifications. The old Orion 3200 fits but the old Orion 3600 doesn't fit because it is too wide and hits the belts.
well you should add the 3800 to the list then because my pack is smaller than the 5000
Old 02-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jrxs-r
I'm interested.... I've got all my pullies lathed down already, so as long as the layshaft takes standard drive pullies it will be good. Have you got a contact?
I was going to post who to chat to and then this sowed up!
Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo

The new layshaft/spur adaptor will be one piece made from 7075 so nice and light. It will have a solid 5mm shaft (using 5x8 bearings) so no more stripped spurs caused by the flexing of standard shaft and able to fit standard spurs. The spur also runs absolutely true and allows a more precise mesh to your pinion.

More soon.
This will be a must have when it is finished. Clearence for lipos and a standard spur adaptor all in one! Plus you get a layshaft less than 1/2 the weight of the stock one which will improve punch for spec classes like 17.5. Just a case of getting the size perfect so no lipo pulley problem but you don't hit the upperdeck supports either with kit pulleys.
Old 02-24-2009, 05:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo

More soon.

I want one! Actually 2! Are these for real? Can I prepay? When will they be ready?
Old 02-24-2009, 05:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would probably order one also.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Anyone know if this battery fits in with no mods? according to the dimensions it looks like it should fit perfectly.

Trakpower 4900mah 2 cell 7.4v 25c
Dimensions: 137mm long
46mm wide
23mm high
Old 02-24-2009, 07:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by StadiumChris
I want one! Actually 2! Are these for real? Can I prepay? When will they be ready?
Definitely for real. Around 2 weeks from the first production run. We really want to be sure they are spot on before they are released. This is the first part we will release to the public and our reputation will ride on its quality.

Thanks for your interest. Just keep in touch with this thread and you'll be up to date.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 118 (100%+)

Originally Posted by B_Wheeler
Anyone know if this battery fits in with no mods? according to the dimensions it looks like it should fit perfectly.

Trakpower 4900mah 2 cell 7.4v 25c
Dimensions: 137mm long
46mm wide
23mm high

Yes it fits.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.