R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-16-2009, 02:52 PM   #8851
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkirkwood View Post
Isn't Hurricane just selling the IP3800 35c LIPOs that Trinity is OEMing? I could be wrong but I thought I read that somewhere. I have read multiple times the IP3800 35c LIPO is a good pack if that's what hurricane is selling. I'm using 3200 20c Orions at the moment in 17.5. I wouldn't recommend them for extremely competitive racing but for club racing they seem to do the trick. I had them for my off-road cars and they have been good for that over the past year and half. It's time for an upgrade.
yes the hurricane 3800 35 c, and the 5000 30 c are ip packs....they are oem packs.....

the 3800 is what i have and i can defiantly feel the difference between the hurricane pack and my orion 3800 30 c.....

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 02:55 PM   #8852
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2

i have to LOSI 4400 30c lipo and it works great.
i didn't have to alter the car to get a battery to fit so thats why i got the losi battery
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 10:30 PM   #8853
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

is there a different front belt were are supposed to run with the 41t front spool pully? even with a brand new belt is seems really loose, im running mod so i normally run it a little firm but even in the tightest postition is about how loose i would have it running stock.
Durango Dex210--Futaba--Trakpower--Tacon 8.5
VenturaDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:03 AM   #8854
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

When running the 41T pully the bearing holder will be in the mid position. Not high or low. Mid position with bearing foward toward front of car. All my cars have them and I can get belt super loose or super toight depending on what Im looking for.(That is even on 1 year old belt)...

Even my foam car has a 41T diff pully....

Hope that helps some....

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 06:07 AM   #8855
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I have the IP 5000 in my Type-R.. Pack will fit right in.. Or you can sand .5MM off the humps by flat sanding pack slightly for a loose fit Or do what some do and slightly sand under bearing holders on bulkheads to fit the larger lipos..Humps are solid 70% the way thru...

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 08:51 AM   #8856
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hmmm weird, i too have the bearing holder full forward and its still as loose as id run it for stock racing(really loose) maybe i got a defective belt. ill order another new one
Durango Dex210--Futaba--Trakpower--Tacon 8.5
VenturaDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:12 PM   #8857
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I read Schreff's post about the 40c Thunder Power pack few pages back... Anybody else have some time with it in their type R? I'm thinking of ordering one.
Uncle Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 06:37 PM   #8858
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
I read Schreff's post about the 40c Thunder Power pack few pages back... Anybody else have some time with it in their type R? I'm thinking of ordering one.
I ran one all weekend at the grandslam race at 360. this pack is FOR REAL. My other pack was always fast up front then fell of at the 330 4 min mark this pack stated solid the entire run. I strongly recommend this pack....

Also it fits the car extremely well. It will go in to the lipo tray NP. all you might have to do is take alittle off the rear bulkheads....
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 07:42 PM   #8859
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
I have been runing them for the past month also, and they seem to be holding up well, also running awesome.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:27 AM   #8860
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I put a new thunder power 5000 40c in my car this weekend and its great. However i did have to sand some on the pulleys for it to fit without rubbing. The guy pitted next to me also run jrxs-r and he did not have to sand to get his to fit. So i think there is a little variation in the battery size.
ckimble1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #8861
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Sorted.
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411

Last edited by jrxs-r; 01-21-2009 at 09:22 AM.
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2009, 07:48 AM   #8862
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to JustWill75

Im looking for a sedan right now and being a Losi fan you know which one in looking at. I went to the site and did not see it. Is Team Losi really not supporting this car anymore? This is what I heard from a few people. It seems strange to me because when I first looked at the the way this car was built it made total sense to me (battery down the center, low center of gravity.) Im a off road guy going on road and I hate to jump ship. What's up with the Team? Is the 8ight the last pro car for Losi? Or are they working on a new sedan that is going to smoke everything?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:58 AM   #8863
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Right here bro, http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSK0256

There has not been any official word on them stopping support, and I doubt they will stop making parts for it anytime soon, they don't appear to doing much in the way of refining it or updating it, they've got a lot of RTRs to focus on
Old 01-20-2009, 04:25 PM   #8864
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to cpatel529 Send a message via Yahoo to cpatel529

I finally got my electronics ready to be installed in my car and am ready to get them mounted in my Type R. I was wondering if their was an easy way to tell what size pulley you have on your front spool? Is there a number of teeth indication?

I race on a 90 x 60 carpet track. I am gonna be running 13.5 and/or 17.5. what is the internal gear ratio of the car? Trying to get a recommended starting ratio as well. I understand how you calculate it but how does it differ when front and rear pulley sizes are different? Are people running the 41th pulley on the front and rear to fix this?

I will eventually race this car on asphalt and wanted to hear what kind of experience others were having.

Thanks!

Chi
Old 01-20-2009, 04:35 PM   #8865
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpatel529 View Post
I finally got my electronics ready to be installed in my car and am ready to get them mounted in my Type R. I was wondering if their was an easy way to tell what size pulley you have on your front spool? Is there a number of teeth indication?

I race on a 90 x 60 carpet track. I am gonna be running 13.5 and/or 17.5. what is the internal gear ratio of the car? Trying to get a recommended starting ratio as well. I understand how you calculate it but how does it differ when front and rear pulley sizes are different? Are people running the 41th pulley on the front and rear to fix this?

I will eventually race this car on asphalt and wanted to hear what kind of experience others were having.

Thanks!

Chi

A 42 tooth pulley has a ridge on it by where the belt goes a 40 is flat.
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote