R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-05-2009, 09:54 PM   #8776
Tech Elite
 
metalracer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,548
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Tag View Post
I have to agree..I been doing same on rug also.....
i don't know if it makes a difference but i run on asphalt
__________________
First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down.
Team BOOZE CRUISEN!
Rides....
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 11:10 PM   #8777
Tech Fanatic
 
|JayFlores|2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: parañaque
Posts: 910
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

metalracer2,

It should also give you the same result on asphalt.
|JayFlores|2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 04:43 AM   #8778
Tech Champion
 
John Tag's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Huntersville, NC
Posts: 8,911
Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalracer2 View Post
i don't know if it makes a difference but i run on asphalt

I ran asphalt also same way.. Also I run high rear diff to allow car to be free on corner entry when needed even more on tight turns....
__________________
www.express-motorsports.net for all your motor needs
Multi time National Champions,Reedy Champs,Vegas Champs,Birds, Champs,Tagstime@hotmail.com

Team Associated-Express Motorsports-Trinity-Reflex Racing-A Main Hobbies-ProtekRC
John Tag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:29 AM   #8779
Tech Elite
 
metalracer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,548
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2
Default

cool i will have to pick up a 41t spool pull and give it a try
__________________
First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down.
Team BOOZE CRUISEN!
Rides....
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:52 AM   #8780
Tech Elite
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalracer2 View Post
cool i will have to pick up a 41t spool pull and give it a try
When you do go to purchase a 41 tooth spool pulley, make sure the correct one is in the package. There were some mispackaged pullies that made their way to the public. The 41 has a flat sides on the pulley where as the 42 has a small rib.
__________________
-Jason Schreffler-
TLR|Horizon Hobby|Spektrum|AKA|Team CRC|CR Graphics|TQ Wire|Radio Impound Podcast
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 09:12 AM   #8781
Tech Elite
 
metalracer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,548
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post
When you do go to purchase a 41 tooth spool pulley, make sure the correct one is in the package. There were some mispackaged pullies that made their way to the public. The 41 has a flat sides on the pulley where as the 42 has a small rib.
ok i will have to to look for that
thanks
__________________
First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down.
Team BOOZE CRUISEN!
Rides....
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:00 PM   #8782
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 524
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalracer2 View Post
on power

Well you can try what the guys have said. Plus you could stand the rear shocks up one hole or maybe a touch less front droop. Are you running the JR front upper links or a standard type as a normal link generates more steering? Low rear roll centre and high front.

Thats where I would start.
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 03:16 PM   #8783
Tech Elite
 
metalracer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,548
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Well you can try what the guys have said. Plus you could stand the rear shocks up one hole or maybe a touch less front droop. Are you running the JR front upper links or a standard type as a normal link generates more steering? Low rear roll centre and high front.

Thats where I would start.
i have the standard link in the front.
if i don't get the pully in time for this weekend then i will try to change a few things.
__________________
First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down.
Team BOOZE CRUISEN!
Rides....
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:01 PM   #8784
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Well you can try what the guys have said. Plus you could stand the rear shocks up one hole or maybe a touch less front droop. Are you running the JR front upper links or a standard type as a normal link generates more steering? Low rear roll centre and high front.

Thats where I would start.
Wow, I was told the JR link made more steering. Could it be that the JR link has two installations? (low and high) or was the information I got just plain wrong?

I removed the JR links and noticed a lot more steering, but my chassis was binding up and I just thought it was the screw on the JR link making contact with the caster block.
Jaz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:20 PM   #8785
Tech Addict
 
RedRocketRacing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Woodinville,Wa
Posts: 646
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz406 View Post
Wow, I was told the JR link made more steering. Could it be that the JR link has two installations? (low and high) or was the information I got just plain wrong?

I removed the JR links and noticed a lot more steering, but my chassis was binding up and I just thought it was the screw on the JR link making contact with the caster block.
The JR link limits the camber gain to almost nothing. That is mainly why it decreases steering. High or low doesn't matter too much.

Check and make sure the you ball cups are not hitting the caster block when the suspension compress. Because the links are so short, it is easily overlooked. You might have to shave the inside of the ballcup. I know the old Losi ball cups use to have a curved notch so that this didn't happen.

RedRocket
__________________
Mastercard fresh off of Suspension
www.HomeRestorationsInc.com

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #8786
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
Default

Hi all,

i have been searching through this topic but there are just so many pages...

can someone point me in the right direction with gearing for 17.5 brushless?

as a starting point on a fairly flowing track what spur and pinion is required?

will I need a spur adapter to get the right spur? if so which one?

thanks.
brett240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 12:36 AM   #8787
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Midwest
Posts: 2,009
Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jaz406
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
The JR link limits the camber gain to almost nothing. That is mainly why it decreases steering. High or low doesn't matter too much.

Check and make sure the you ball cups are not hitting the caster block when the suspension compress. Because the links are so short, it is easily overlooked. You might have to shave the inside of the ballcup. I know the old Losi ball cups use to have a curved notch so that this didn't happen.

RedRocket
Thanks for the info RedRocket. I have associated slim ball cups on there now and they work well for me. I do not like the Losi half open links they seam to pop off when the car contacts the boards. I'm working on than but every now and again there is contact.

I am used to running 4mm over ride height droop but this car likes 1.5 to 2.5mm?? I'm just wondering if it's the mass in the center of the car not the outsides that makes the car want less droop.

I and my fellow Losi "R" racers have fallen off the pace on our super low traction carpet track here in K.C. So I am going through the car and checking everthing and looking for a good low traction one-way setup.
Jaz406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 07:39 AM   #8788
Administrator
 
Matt M.'s Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 8,308
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

try the haynes iic setup.....i have been using it on low traction....


i will have my setup for the novak race next week...paulie lemieux has been helping me.....at this point it is pretty good, better than i can drive....

but it is way different than what i have seen posted
__________________
Team Tekin-Proline Racing-Motiv-92zero Designs-Jim Neubert Paint Design-LiveRC.com-TFR-Team Dirt Heaven-Gravity RC-Trackside

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 08:25 AM   #8789
Tech Elite
 
metalracer2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Riverside, CA
Posts: 2,548
Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brett240 View Post
Hi all,

i have been searching through this topic but there are just so many pages...

can someone point me in the right direction with gearing for 17.5 brushless?

as a starting point on a fairly flowing track what spur and pinion is required?

will I need a spur adapter to get the right spur? if so which one?

thanks.
i use a 104 spur and to start a pinion in the mid 50's.
you will have to get the PRS spur gear addapter to get the 104 spur to fit.
http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/products/18
__________________
First you forget names, then you forget faces. Next you forget to pull your zipper up and finally, you forget to pull it down.
Team BOOZE CRUISEN!
Rides....
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #8790
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 23
Default

thanks,

i usually run 48 pitch, is there an advantage in going with 64 pitch?
brett240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 06:41 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0