Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
Just curious, but has anybody noticed how unmatched the c hubs are? I had to go through 3 packs of 6 degree blocks to find two that were even close to being drilled the same.
Do mean left/right drilled or do you see different angles drilled?

I've gotten hubs labeled L that were actually R.
Old 12-18-2008, 11:16 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Just curious, but has anybody noticed how unmatched the c hubs are? I had to go through 3 packs of 6 degree blocks to find two that were even close to being drilled the same.
How much are they off? They always just seem to have about a 2 degree wobble foreward and backwards. Or we there differances in the height in which they are drilled?

RedRocket
Old 12-18-2008, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I've noticed the inaccuracies in the molding in the hubs as well, they look simular, but when you look at the hinge pin hole they seem to be molded incorrectly.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing
How much are they off? They always just seem to have about a 2 degree wobble foreward and backwards. Or we there differances in the height in which they are drilled?

RedRocket
Yeah, differences in the heights they are drilled. One easy way to notice is the depth of the set screw holding the hinge pin in. One side the screw will stick out of the bottom of the hub, while the other the screw is recessed.
Old 12-18-2008, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
I've noticed the inaccuracies in the molding in the hubs as well, they look simular, but when you look at the hinge pin hole they seem to be molded incorrectly.
I don't think it is a molding issue. The 0's are molded with the h pin hole in them. When they make the others they remove the pin and mold the piece whole and then drill them. That is why the 0 degree blocks and hubs are the only ones that are ever straight. I guess it's just poor jig alignment when drilling the parts?
Old 12-18-2008, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

I don't think it is a molding issue. The 0's are molded with the h pin hole in them. When they make the others they remove the pin and mold the piece whole and then drill them. That is why the 0 degree blocks and hubs are the only ones that are ever straight. I guess it's just poor jig alignment when drilling the parts?
hm, i didn't know that. All i know is that i have gotten plenty of bass-ackwards peices that are pretty noticably off.

It would be kinda cool if they sold a jig as well as blank hubs, so you can drill them out as you need them (dunno 'bout you guys but i break more right hubs than anything...) as well as the added adjustability that can come from using a jig.

A guy can dream though...
Old 12-18-2008, 05:39 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

hm, i didn't know that. All i know is that i have gotten plenty of bass-ackwards peices that are pretty noticably off.

It would be kinda cool if they sold a jig as well as blank hubs, so you can drill them out as you need them (dunno 'bout you guys but i break more right hubs than anything...) as well as the added adjustability that can come from using a jig.

A guy can dream though...
thats a Great idea!

btw what direction your track race? i race at 360 and we been running Counter clockwise since summer, all I got is more than 10 rightside 4' caster blocks with me, I m keeping it till we change to clockwise to see if I break more rightside that way.

again great idea and hope someonce make this idea in production.

actually come to think of it I think we used to drilled epoxied 30' caster block to make in to 25' caster for XXX buggies when it came out first time, but don't remember how we did it
Old 12-18-2008, 05:48 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by JoelV
Standard hubs. The offset ones will make the car too wide.

I think it mount on inside hole of the rear arms, I tried at 360 (decent size carpet with rubber tyres) it square up the corners too much with noticeble corner scrub, IMO it should help on tight asphalt track.
but sad thing is we never run 0 degree!!
Old 12-18-2008, 05:52 PM
Tech Adept

C hubs haven't been an issue.. I had Alum ones made about a year and a half ago in both 4 and 6 degrees.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
thats a Great idea!

btw what direction your track race? i race at 360 and we been running Counter clockwise since summer, all I got is more than 10 rightside 4' caster blocks with me, I m keeping it till we change to clockwise to see if I break more rightside that way.

again great idea and hope someonce make this idea in production.

actually come to think of it I think we used to drilled epoxied 30' caster block to make in to 25' caster for XXX buggies when it came out first time, but don't remember how we did it
At my local place we seem to almost always run clockwise (left to right down the back straight) so i too have some extra leftie's that i never seem to need.

After i typed that i actually fired up solidworks to mock up a simple little jig to drill holes, but then i realised i need blank hubs in the first place.

Perhaps we can fanagle a way to get some hub blanks from Losi?

I think the idea is cool, and its nothing i have ever heard of, it will cut production costs for Losi as well as if they market the idea they can earn some money off of a simple gain that anybody would use.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by markf3x
C hubs haven't been an issue.. I had Alum ones made about a year and a half ago in both 4 and 6 degrees.
How much did it cost to get them made, and where did you get them?
Old 12-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

who made the aluminum ones for you and for how much? Those are nice!
Old 12-18-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

That's cool, but the added stress on the arm, hinge pin, and hinge pin mounts would seem to cause more trouble (broken arms, tweaked chassis) than some cheap hubs. Very cool nonetheless, where'd you pick them up at? i know dynamite had aluminum hubs for the xxx-s, but that's about it.
Old 12-18-2008, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Also, why do you run a short lcd and a long outdrive?

yet your arms are long?
Old 12-18-2008, 06:04 PM
Company Representative

Originally Posted by markf3x
man ! thats nice piece of machinery!

At my local place we seem to almost always run clockwise (left to right down the back straight) so i too have some extra leftie's that i never seem to need.

After i typed that i actually fired up solidworks to mock up a simple little jig to drill holes, but then i realised i need blank hubs in the first place.

Perhaps we can fanagle a way to get some hub blanks from Losi?

I think the idea is cool, and its nothing i have ever heard of, it will cut production costs for Losi as well as if they market the idea they can earn some money off of a simple gain that anybody would use.
I guess running directin does affect that, we can just epoxy those holes to drill them, I dont think Losi would do anything for touring.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.