http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products...rodID=LOSA3250

Those?
Adam? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 06:02 PM   #8582
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam? View Post
You could use those, but I think he was referring to the pads that come in the spool gear already. I have never seen them for sale by themselves.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:37 PM   #8583
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
You could use those, but I think he was referring to the pads that come in the spool gear already. I have never seen them for sale by themselves.
I just got a spool pulley couple weeks ago and there wasn't anything but the pulley in the bag...

Doesn't suprise me though... I just realized after running my R for a couple months that my kit came with 41t pulleys instead of 42's! I thought the spool was making my car loose in the rear... (41t in the rear and 42 up front. Can you say underdrive?)
Uncle Cliffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 07:57 PM   #8584
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Cliffy View Post
I just got a spool pulley couple weeks ago and there wasn't anything but the pulley in the bag...

Doesn't suprise me though... I just realized after running my R for a couple months that my kit came with 41t pulleys instead of 42's! I thought the spool was making my car loose in the rear... (41t in the rear and 42 up front. Can you say underdrive?)
That is one of the consequences of outsourcing...
Old 12-09-2008, 05:47 AM   #8585
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
Thanks guys, my cars were pretty good, i was very happy with the foam runs, mis judged the track a bit for the mains, and ended up with a lot of push, so the sweeper was a killer. Rubber i had the tq, but the race wasn't so great in terms of my car staying on the track...oh well on to the next one.

For those interested, played with a spool setup for rubber this race, il post it up.

Morris, usually just loosen the upper deck and flatten the chassis on a board, hold and tighten,
Hey Mike

No sway bars? Whats up with that? By the way, great running this past weekend. You and Jason sure do know how to keep the excitement going...WOW
Jackson curbs, ready for lift off!
nitrobeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:53 PM   #8586
Administrator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

shreff, larry, mike,

will any of you be at the novak race???

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 07:55 PM   #8587
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I will not be there, too many races too close together. Gonna do the grand slam series and the birds.

Rui..thanks...i had the bars off to get some roll in the car...for 360 i always run bars
Old 12-09-2008, 07:58 PM   #8588
Administrator

damn....that was fast...

i put your iic setup on my car, it is pretty good.....planning on leaving it for the novak....,, unless you ave a better idea...

matt

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Old 12-09-2008, 07:59 PM   #8589
Administrator

Quote:
I will not be there, too many races too close together. Gonna do the grand slam series and the birds.

Rui..thanks...i had the bars off to get some roll in the car...for 360 i always run bars
also, i am working on your name change

Old 12-10-2008, 10:15 AM   #8590
Tech Adept

Some people recently questioned whether my JRXS type-R was withing the Vintage Trans-Am rules..

I told them, "it looks very 70's to me".

Yes, I'm joking. But scared to post this in the USVTA thread for fear of being banned for life.
markf3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #8591
Tech Master

After a few nights of reading I just read the entire thread with a skip during the part when everyone was waiting "2 weeks" for the kit at the beginning of 07. Lots of great information. By far the most repeated question is, "What is the link to get a spur gear adaptor?"

I have a kit coming and looking forward to hitting the rug again now we got a track close. I figured I would start with Mike's setup and work from there. Before the previous track pulled the on road track out I had a JRXS Pro and like it alot if this car has even more steering but keeps that same consistent feel I'm going to like it alot.
jkirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:11 AM   #8592
Tech Addict

Default roll center

when adjusting the low roll center upwards using the (0.30) shims where should I place the shims in the four corners of the rear pivot blocks or just in the inner or the outer pivot blocks
thanks
Old 12-11-2008, 06:01 AM   #8593
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:

Mike ygpm...thanks!
Old 12-11-2008, 10:10 AM   #8594
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPapa View Post
when adjusting the low roll center upwards using the (0.30) shims where should I place the shims in the four corners of the rear pivot blocks or just in the inner or the outer pivot blocks
thanks
You want to shim up all 4 corners of the rear pivot blocks. If you were to just do the inner or outer blocks you would be doing pro or anti squat. Something you may see on a rubber setup may be front kickup or antidive. That would be where you only shim 2 of the 4 corners of the pivot blocks, anti dive being the inner front pivots and kickup the outer front pivots.
JoelV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:21 PM   #8595
Tech Master

Is it better to run a couple of fans on the motor in the stock locations or get a heatsink that has a fan mounted on it like 3racing's fan/heatsink combo? Any opinions?
jkirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote