Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Great to see the new car go well at IIC. Just a question to Todd, how does the car perform on asphalt with rubbers? What optional parts will you need to buy to get it to work on apshalt with rubbers?

Thanks,

Leonard. (old school JRXS man!)
Old 09-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Street Price

Can anyone give an estimate what the street price will be for the JRXS-R?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Street Price

Can anyone give an estimate what the street price will be for the JRXS-R? And will it come with the long arms?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i was able to see the jrxs-r in action at the IIC in vegas and man that was the best looking car there. i have never seen a car rotate like the jrxs-r. my hat goes off to losi for a great job on r&d. cickys car looked awesome all weekend.dumas's car also looked good but did not rotate as good as pauls. good job to all the losi drivers.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:22 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by AUDI RS4
Can anyone give an estimate what the street price will be for the JRXS-R? And will it come with the long arms?

The MAP pricing is $439 however I know one of the online shops, KT Hobbies, has it for $379.

Yes it is coming with long arms with the pivots allowing the racer to use both long and short arms.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:23 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by DirtyDog3375
Great to see the new car go well at IIC. Just a question to Todd, how does the car perform on asphalt with rubbers? What optional parts will you need to buy to get it to work on apshalt with rubbers?

Thanks,

Leonard. (old school JRXS man!)
The car will need a spool or oneway. Most likely a spool. Different springs and oil setup. That is all.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:25 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by D Hunt 3
How come in all the pics from the IIC the arms are white? I thought you guys are all running new Ea3 arms?

The white arms are our prototype long arms that are machined out of nylon.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Todd, Mike, Andrew, Paul, Pooky, Keith, the rest of the Team and Privateers, congrats for all your work and effort - no matter what car you ran!

Todd, would you be willing to shed some light on the remaining process before the Type-R ships?

It looks like some mold work still needs to be completed for the arms. Then, does losi have to contract out varoius parts for production? Followed by another contract for kit assembly (to bag / tag everything), then deliver to distributor?

I would guess the details are propriatary information. But I think we are all interested in what really happens once the team is satisified with a car until we get our own. (I'm not bashing Losi, just curious to the process).

Keep up the good work!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Todd, didn't you use to have a link on TL's site that gave you a tour of the facility? I remember seeing office women, model makers, engineers, production lines packing kits, top secret signs on doors and there was a guy who worked in the parts dept. who actually new every part's part # by heart. If the link is still there, I must be blind, but if it isn't, you should bring it back because the facility shots and write-up really made fans feel like they really knew the company inside and out.

BTW, I spoke with you around 4 yrs ago about a TL nitro on-road car. You said it was in the works but wouldn't be out for 2yrs. No rush, but is it still in the works?

All the best with the new car. Looks dialed!
Tommy
Old 09-26-2006, 09:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Todd, I would like to thank you again for helping me out with little parts that Shanes shop could not. I also appreciate you takin the time to go over the new car with me and talk to me about the features of the new car. You were a very polite person last year when I first met you and nothing changed this year either, Gil and Pops deffinitely have a great employee and driver on their team!! After our talk about the new car I was even more excited to want to get it then ever. I was even more impressed watchin you and Mike running your cars and seeing how good they really are. I believe this car is gonna be in the winner circle more often!! I know the new car won't make me anywhere near the driver you are the rest of the team are, but I can dream!!

Thanks again for your help at IIC!!
Old 09-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Tech Regular

Does anybody here know if Kimbrough spur gears fit on the JRXS cars ?
Thanks
Old 09-27-2006, 03:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Spillertwo
Does anybody here know if Kimbrough spur gears fit on the JRXS cars ?
Thanks
Only if you buy a PRS spur gear adaptor, otherwise only Losi spurs will fit.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Todd - Will the kit include the aluminum pivot blocks? Cars looks awesome!

Andrew - Congrats man! 7th in Mod. Foam!!!!

Last edited by Doug D; 09-27-2006 at 08:48 AM.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

The car is going to come with the aluminum blocks. Full race ready for foam and only need a spool or one-way for rubber and I think maybe also swaybars.

Everyone's car looked awesome at Vegas. Congrats to Paul, Andrew, and Mike for putting it in the show.
Old 09-27-2006, 08:56 AM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by Doug D
Todd - Will the kit include the aluminum pivot blocks? Cars looks awesome!

Andrew - Congrats man! 7th in Mod. Foam!!!!
Yes the car will come with aluminium pivot blocks and bulkheads.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.