R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #8146
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
I always run the steering rack foward, yes it does make the steering more responsive.
What does that mean can you take picture?
Old 09-30-2008, 07:47 PM   #8147
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

If you look under the topdeck you can see there are 2 holes for the bellcranks.

The instructions tell you to mount the bellcranks forward and thats what I have always run.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:47 AM   #8148
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Hey Larry, What do you think of the new Losi LiPo's??.......... How's the fitment in the car and performance??

Wasn't sure if you ran it on Sunday. I know you had the other cells with ya, the one's you had at Blue Diamond.

Thanks Bro!

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 08:58 AM   #8149
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwikvdub View Post
Hey Larry, What do you think of the new Losi LiPo's??.......... How's the fitment in the car and performance??

Wasn't sure if you ran it on Sunday. I know you had the other cells with ya, the one's you had at Blue Diamond.

Thanks Bro!

Alex,

I ran the new losi lipo's in my 13.5 foam car sunday. They fit right in with no mods at all and perform good as any other lipo I've run. I believe thats what Schreff and Larry where running in there foam cars too. I know Schreff ran the older 5000 losi lipo in his rubber car and liked it.
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 09:14 AM   #8150
Tech Champion

Thanks for the info Ron. I want to stick with an all Losi brand (BL Speedo/LiPO) for my car right now.

Hope to see you Guys at our Trophy Event next week!

Old 10-01-2008, 11:02 AM   #8151
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
Alex,

I ran the new losi lipo's in my 13.5 foam car sunday. They fit right in with no mods at all and perform good as any other lipo I've run. I believe thats what Schreff and Larry where running in there foam cars too. I know Schreff ran the older 5000 losi lipo in his rubber car and liked it.
Ron got it right. I ran the Losi 5000mah 20c pack in my Rubber car all day and the 4400mah 30c packs in my foam car. As you saw, the foam car was NOT lacking HP. I did nothing special either. I took the packs out the car each run and charged them back up @ 5 amps. I was not "heating" the packs or balancing. They took an average of 1800mah of charge each time as well after a foam tire run in 13.5 @ 360 Raceway.

You will not be disappointed if you try the Losi 4400mah 30c packs. Heck, Larry ran one that didn't fully charge for the last round of qualifying in foam and hot lapped both me and Mike Haynes. Bastard.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:24 PM   #8152
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post
Ron got it right. I ran the Losi 5000mah 20c pack in my Rubber car all day and the 4400mah 30c packs in my foam car. As you saw, the foam car was NOT lacking HP. I did nothing special either. I took the packs out the car each run and charged them back up @ 5 amps. I was not "heating" the packs or balancing. They took an average of 1800mah of charge each time as well after a foam tire run in 13.5 @ 360 Raceway.

You will not be disappointed if you try the Losi 4400mah 30c packs. Heck, Larry ran one that didn't fully charge for the last round of qualifying in foam and hot lapped both me and Mike Haynes. Bastard.
how often do you balance the losi lipos and do the they go out of balance quick.
i was just wondering because i didn't balance my orion lipo for 3 month and when i did balance it it wasn't even off balance.
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 02:35 PM   #8153
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post

Thanks Jason......... I'll be ordering one from the track very soon.

See you soon!

Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #8154
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Not that we need a new car as the current one is still working well but I don't see any new development on the current car and with Losi promoting RTR are we likely yo get a new tourer?
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:24 PM   #8155
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I'm not concerned about car development right now, but I'd be one happy camper if Losi/Horizon could find it in their hearts to give us 114 and 110, and possibly a 106 spur gear for the R. Probably not going to happen, but I figured it can't hurt to mention it...
Old 10-01-2008, 05:26 PM   #8156
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trips View Post
I'm not concerned about car development right now, but I'd be one happy camper if Losi/Horizon could find it in their hearts to give us 114 and 110, and possibly a 106 spur gear for the R. Probably not going to happen, but I figured it can't hurt to mention it...
http://www.precisionracingsystems.com/products/18

Best $15 you'll spend.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:27 PM   #8157
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Not that we need a new car as the current one is still working well but I don't see any new development on the current car and with Losi promoting RTR are we likely yo get a new tourer?
They do alot of racing work... it seems to be over shadowed by the latest releases of RTR's from them though. For example, XXX-CRT and 8ight 2.0.
RCSteve93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 06:07 PM   #8158
Company Representative

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think Horizon do what makes money for next quarter, lets see what they going to do for this carpet season.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:25 PM   #8159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalracer2 View Post
how often do you balance the losi lipos and do the they go out of balance quick.
i was just wondering because i didn't balance my orion lipo for 3 month and when i did balance it it wasn't even off balance.
It's tough to say when I'll balance the packs. I just got them a couple weeks ago and probably only have about 5 cycles on the 2 packs I have. When I did hook them up to the balance cable to check, they were right on the money anyway.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:40 PM   #8160
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post

I sure hope not.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote