R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-25-2008, 12:19 PM   #8101
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeXray View Post
Replacing the JR link with a standard ballstud and link will get you some steering, you are running a few things that are pretty different. If you want to try the one way again I would change your rear shock position from inside to outside, are you actually running 4.5mm of droop? you shouldn't need more than 2mm. Also change the rear link to 4B, it's aslo pretty standard to run 2 washers under the ballstud on the steering knuckle, this will get the "bump toe" where it should be.
Mike, I'll try the few changes next meet. In regards to droop, its 4.5mm on the droop gauge. I can't remember how much droop from ride height... I ]'ll measure it next time I set the car up. Thanks!

Yeti & dfiantii, thanks for the tips... What kind of temps on the motor do you guys have after a 5min run?
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #8102
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
Mike, I'll try the few changes next meet. In regards to droop, its 4.5mm on the droop gauge. I can't remember how much droop from ride height... I ]'ll measure it next time I set the car up. Thanks!

Yeti & dfiantii, thanks for the tips... What kind of temps on the motor do you guys have after a 5min run?
Sorry looking at that again, I meant 4A no 4B. I never use droop gauges, so I'm not sure what the 4.5mm translates into.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 PM   #8103
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
I could not tell you since I never worry much about it anymore like I did on brushed stuff. My thing is if it does not thermal, it must be right!
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:10 PM   #8104
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Does anyone have a baseline 17.5 foam setup that might work at the gate in clevland. I have just come off of running rubber and I need a good starting point.
racingboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:44 PM   #8105
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by racingboy14 View Post
Does anyone have a baseline 17.5 foam setup that might work at the gate in clevland. I have just come off of running rubber and I need a good starting point.
Try Mikes setup from IIC. It should be a good starting point to work from.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:45 PM   #8106
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
Try Mikes setup from IIC. It should be a good starting point to work from.

ok thank you
racingboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:27 PM   #8107
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Team Drivers-

Did Losi ever try an RCD or MIP style dogbone and axle in the front with a one-way? I find that the LVD's are very clunky in there motion. I am doing a bit of very fine sanding on the barrel that the pins slide through just to get the barrel to go into the axle. Than once together, they are clunky as you spin them at there angle. Are they suppose to be that way or are mine defective and need to be replaced? I have not ran my short dogbones much but am building my car for the first race of the NWIC up here and am curious. Any other input would be great.

RedRocket

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:52 PM   #8108
Tech Elite

When is the last time you rebuilt your LCD's? They do wear out and have to be rebuilt every so often. There should be no problem with them working in the outdrives of the one way at all. If you feel adventuresome you can file down the pins and use bearings on the pins to work in the larger slots of the out drives. We did this with the LCD's and CVD's on the old car since the out drives are the same as they are in the one way. It really should not hang up at all in the one way outdrives though.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:23 PM   #8109
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
When is the last time you rebuilt your LCD's? They do wear out and have to be rebuilt every so often. There should be no problem with them working in the outdrives of the one way at all. If you feel adventuresome you can file down the pins and use bearings on the pins to work in the larger slots of the out drives. We did this with the LCD's and CVD's on the old car since the out drives are the same as they are in the one way. It really should not hang up at all in the one way outdrives though.
I think you are mis-understanding me. They are clunky inside the connecting barrel of the LCD. I am in the process of rebuilding them to go from the standard LCD to the shorts for the oneway. I am aware of the BK Bones trick with the bearings on the pins. (I did this on my XXXS years ago.) Anyways, the bones are not even in the knuckle. As you twist them around the hang up and are not smooth. I have not run them very much and are faily new.

And are the front/Rear CVD from the JRXS compatible with the R when used wiht the one-way? parts number 3330?

RedRocket

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
Old 09-26-2008, 09:41 PM   #8110
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
I think you are mis-understanding me. They are clunky inside the connecting barrel of the LCD. I am in the process of rebuilding them to go from the standard LCD to the shorts for the oneway. I am aware of the BK Bones trick with the bearings on the pins. (I did this on my XXXS years ago.) Anyways, the bones are not even in the knuckle. As you twist them around the hang up and are not smooth. I have not run them very much and are faily new.

And are the front/Rear CVD from the JRXS compatible with the R when used wiht the one-way? parts number 3330?

RedRocket
I would say they just need a rebuild. Mine get like that and I just rebuild them and there good as new. As far as the rcd's in the front with a oneway I would not recomend it they seem to break easy.
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:45 PM   #8111
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Goetter View Post
I would say they just need a rebuild. Mine get like that and I just rebuild them and there good as new. As far as the rcd's in the front with a oneway I would not recomend it they seem to break easy.
Thanks Ron.

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
Old 09-26-2008, 10:12 PM   #8112
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Guys,

Anybody tried the car with a center one-way and a spool? I think the previous car came like that, how was it?

I fit the one way backward on the layshaft and everything works nicelely. I suspect It will have less off power steering than with a front oneway...

Let me know if you have any experience with the center oneway.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #8113
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by J@UNE View Post
Guys,

Anybody tried the car with a center one-way and a spool? I think the previous car came like that, how was it?

I fit the one way backward on the layshaft and everything works nicelely. I suspect It will have less off power steering than with a front oneway...

Let me know if you have any experience with the center oneway.
I tried the center oneway on the old car a couple of times, saw no real benefit and never used it again.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:17 PM   #8114
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

With running the spool this past weekend and 13.5 BL motor there was alot of drive (torque) when poweering out of corners. I clipped the inside dot on one of the corners on-power and stripped the out drive inside the aluminum housing....
bigkoitat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #8115
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
Team Drivers-

Did Losi ever try an RCD or MIP style dogbone and axle in the front with a one-way? I find that the LVD's are very clunky in there motion. I am doing a bit of very fine sanding on the barrel that the pins slide through just to get the barrel to go into the axle. Than once together, they are clunky as you spin them at there angle. Are they suppose to be that way or are mine defective and need to be replaced? I have not ran my short dogbones much but am building my car for the first race of the NWIC up here and am curious. Any other input would be great.

RedRocket
Yes the JRX-S CVDs works with the one way.
LOSA3330
I only use these bones as a way to make the car more stable and not so eratic. They use 10/32 hexes so beware you need different wrenches.
Good Luck,
Casey
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote