Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 07:25 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Hello everyone,

Attached is a spreadsheet that can be used to record your setups. I really don't like printing out the setup sheet and for some reason you can't add items to the pdf that losi has on the website so I decided to do this. As far as I know, the blank sheet should work on windows mobile, with the exception of the validation lists that I setup. For those who know what this is, you know what I am talking about. I also included additional lines (more specific items) to help me remember what I did for my setup. Also included are gear ratios (FDR) rollouts for both 64 pitch and 48 pitch spurs. Just be cautious as you should only select one..

Included is a worksheet that can be used to mathematically figure out what your rebound is when you use the LOSI shock tool. I thought of creating this after reading thru some other threads ie: TC5 as people were talking about rebound and relative percentages (this is what the spreadsheet started with, then I added the entire setup sheet). I figure that this is a much better way to utilize the shock tool. Have a look and let me know your comments.

I spent around 5 hours creating/formatting total to create this. If you choose to use it, hopefully it meets your needs!

Enjoy

Gordon

aka MaxRain

Hey man, the losi sheets are enabled for you to add items, you just have to click on the right one, the shreff. setup sheet is edit-able, you just need to clear everything out first.
http://losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/TypeR...up_Schreff.pdf
Old 09-13-2008, 09:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Build in Progress. Finally building this after having some time away from school and moving into the new house.

Old 09-13-2008, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

Default Revised Excel Setup Sheet

Hello, for those who have downloaded the original zip, I have made a revision to the original file.

Adamge, I know you are one of them...
Attached Files
Old 09-13-2008, 10:03 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by a_main_attendee
Hey man, the losi sheets are enabled for you to add items, you just have to click on the right one, the shreff. setup sheet is edit-able, you just need to clear everything out first.
http://losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/TypeR...up_Schreff.pdf
Thanks for the info, I thought that you needed adobe standard to do this.

At this point, I still prefer using the sheet I created , the only thing that is missing is the tire shade section. As I am typing this, I just thought of how to add this..

I have since added a revision.. I will post a 3rd revision later..
Old 09-13-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by MaxRain
Thanks for the info, I thought that you needed adobe standard to do this.

At this point, I still prefer using the sheet I created , the only thing that is missing is the tire shade section. As I am typing this, I just thought of how to add this..

I have since added a revision.. I will post a 3rd revision later..
Here it is the next revision!!

Enjoy..
Attached Files
Old 09-14-2008, 11:23 AM
Tech Addict

After thinking more about the shock tool and the formula I setup on the excel setup sheet. I am considering revising this to further determine rebound. Perhaps I am thinking too much as other factors can affect this such as temperature and the shock oil itself and its consistency.

But the question to ask is how to determine what "theory/method" to use. Does anyone have some input to this and is it worth pursuing?
Old 09-14-2008, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys..

Been reading up on everyone's Losi Type R. In the process of picking up a roller from online. A bunch of guys at my track race the Losi and I have been watching these guys just kick some butt.

I currently am a shaft guy. Owned nothing and raced nothing but shaft drive cars. I currently race a Tamiya EVO V and raced an EVO IV before that...

I did try my hand with a TRF415 MRE sedan, but couldn't get it dialed in.

Where can I get the adapter for the spur to run the brushless set up?

thanks
Old 09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 808TXT1
Hey guys..

Been reading up on everyone's Losi Type R. In the process of picking up a roller from online. A bunch of guys at my track race the Losi and I have been watching these guys just kick some butt.

I currently am a shaft guy. Owned nothing and raced nothing but shaft drive cars. I currently race a Tamiya EVO V and raced an EVO IV before that...

I did try my hand with a TRF415 MRE sedan, but couldn't get it dialed in.

Where can I get the adapter for the spur to run the brushless set up?

thanks
The car should feel more free and most likely easier to drive than your shaft car. Depending on if your running foam or rubber get one of the team drivers setups, Haynes, schreff or fairtrace's are all dialed.

PRS sells the adapter for the smaller spurs, you can get them direct or through a few retailers or your LHS if they can get them.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Drove at the Charity race in gen burnie this weekend. I don't understand the dynimics of my car as well as i thought i did .

if I need more steering, both on entry and exit of a corner where should i start? I tried going back to 4* c hubs adn less front droop, but it didn't give me enough.

There is also the possibility that i was simply over driving the car .. but i'd like to think it was my setup .
Old 09-14-2008, 06:08 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by YmeBP
Drove at the Charity race in gen burnie this weekend. I don't understand the dynimics of my car as well as i thought i did .

if I need more steering, both on entry and exit of a corner where should i start? I tried going back to 4* c hubs adn less front droop, but it didn't give me enough.

There is also the possibility that i was simply over driving the car .. but i'd like to think it was my setup .
Rubber tire?
Old 09-14-2008, 07:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Tory, try less rear toe if you are still running 3* that's too much go to 2* or 2 1/2*. The more the car rotates the better it will handle. I assume you were running Jaco greens? They are sticky tires. Another thing I tried with Jacos was bump steer. Give it a shot!
Casey
Old 09-15-2008, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Rubber tire?
Yeah sorry, rubber tire (tried rp30's and sorex 32's).
Old 09-15-2008, 10:29 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by mojoman
Tory, try less rear toe if you are still running 3* that's too much go to 2* or 2 1/2*. The more the car rotates the better it will handle. I assume you were running Jaco greens? They are sticky tires. Another thing I tried with Jacos was bump steer. Give it a shot!
Casey
Good call, i am running 3* in the rear. It works GREAT for running at the bowl and blue diamond. I'm thinking now if i give the car the ability to steer more i'll be faster through the corners, currently i have it setup for a little bit of understeering at the bowl and blue diamond.

I'll try the 2* in the rear, would anyone suggest moving the camber links around or is this too large a change for understeer i currently have upper rear camber link in 4 b (middle inside closes to centerline of car, and on the hub carrier farthest away from the centerline of the car).

One last thing: I'm going to try running rubber on carpet this winter, any rules of thumb? I have Mike Haynes setup from the IIC i plan to use.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah sorry, rubber tire (tried rp30's and sorex 32's).
If you're running a version of hayne's setup what I've found to help is, adding another shim or 2 to the rear hub ball stud, running the rear link one hole shorter on the tower, running a softer rear spring or harder front, and narrowest front hex. I felt on asphalt the one-way was almost a requirement, I had a good diff setup once and for some reason it never worked that well afterward. I'm running a diff on carpet right now because I haven't yet put new axles on the oneway dog bones so I can run wider hexes, its pretty good with the diff, but it will probably be a few tenths faster with the one way.
Old 09-15-2008, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

I'll try the 2* in the rear, would anyone suggest moving the camber links around or is this too large a change for understeer i currently have upper rear camber link in 4 b (middle inside closes to centerline of car, and on the hub carrier farthest away from the centerline of the car). .
Been running the inner hole on the hub (closer to centerline), and I've stuck with 3dg toe, I run 2 on foams, never tried it otherwise.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.