R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-05-2008, 02:02 PM   #7951
Tech Addict
 
J@UNE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 621
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

IMO they are both as good.

I went with the losi when I switched to lipos. I couldnt stand having that many weights on the righ side of my T2...
__________________
Jon Gagnon
DirtTrax - Team FLR
J@UNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #7952
Tech Master
 
VenturaDC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Ventura, SoCal
Posts: 1,131
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Hey guys im trying to gear up for a race this weekend and lost one of the c-hub bushings. all local sources are out of stock, anyone know of a different brand that will for sure fit? they are the bushing that slide into the c-hub from the inside before you put in the steering hub.
__________________
Dustin Colt45 Aguirre
Kyosho RB6--Futaba--HW--Shuurspeed 17.5
Kyosho SCR--Hitec--Lrp--Yeah 13.5
Durango Dex210--Futaba--Trakpower--Tacon 8.5
VenturaDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #7953
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VenturaDC View Post
Hey guys im trying to gear up for a race this weekend and lost one of the c-hub bushings. all local sources are out of stock, anyone know of a different brand that will for sure fit? they are the bushing that slide into the c-hub from the inside before you put in the steering hub.
Try AE Bushings
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:50 PM   #7954
Tech Regular
 
turtlebmx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: lees summit mo
Posts: 280
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

hey yeti what size track are you on? i run on a small carpet track and the gearing chart isnt even close. I'm right around 2.5. i think i'm at a 118/47.
turtlebmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 10:00 PM   #7955
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlebmx View Post
hey yeti what size track are you on? i run on a small carpet track and the gearing chart isnt even close. I'm right around 2.5. i think i'm at a 118/47.
I personally have never run a 17.5 but it is the recommended starting point for FDR for that motor at 3.5. I would have to guess if you need to change gearing you will have to purchase a PRS adapter and get smaller spur gears. I am not saying it is the perfect gearing, just the starting point.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 04:13 AM   #7956
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Iowa
Posts: 24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarb View Post
Looking to get back into the hobby after a 2 year break, I’m considering this car and aTC5R. My plans are to run 13.5, lipo, rubber tires, on carpet. I’m really looking to get a car that I don’t have to spend to much money on to be competitive. What are your thoughts???
So what would I need to get this car working on carpet? Also could someone post a good starting point for a setup.

Last edited by gfarb; 09-06-2008 at 04:15 AM. Reason: sp
gfarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 07:25 AM   #7957
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfarb View Post
So what would I need to get this car working on carpet? Also could someone post a good starting point for a setup.
Are you gonna run foam or rubber? If it is rubber go back a page or two and you can get Mike Haynes's setup from IIC this year. He TQ'd and won 13.5 rubber with that setup and I ran it as well at IIC. It is very drivable and worked well on high bite carpet.

For foam you can try this setup: http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/losi...IC20070930.pdf I ran this at IIC as well this year and again very driveable.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:16 PM   #7958
Tech Addict
 
bigkoitat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Sun Diego
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)
Default

I just purchased the Type R and was excited to build it, when I got to the rear section (Bag C) there was 2 identical hindge pin blocks. It is mis-packaged, so my building came to a halt Now I have to wait till Monday to order a set, Rant over
bigkoitat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2008, 11:25 PM   #7959
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkoitat View Post
I just purchased the Type R and was excited to build it, when I got to the rear section (Bag C) there was 2 identical hindge pin blocks. It is mis-packaged, so my building came to a halt Now I have to wait till Monday to order a set, Rant over
Don't pay for them, contact Horizon and get them replaced.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:52 AM   #7960
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 524
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I've got a problem with one of my wheel hexes. No matter what wheel I put on it the wheel wobbles slightly. It also means I get different camber readings depending on where its sitting. Should I just get a replacement or some alloy ones? If so what part number are the standard alloy hexes?

Thanks
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 06:45 AM   #7961
Tech Master
 
Ron Goetter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Goatsville, PA
Posts: 1,950
Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)
Send a message via AIM to Ron Goetter
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
I've got a problem with one of my wheel hexes. No matter what wheel I put on it the wheel wobbles slightly. It also means I get different camber readings depending on where its sitting. Should I just get a replacement or some alloy ones? If so what part number are the standard alloy hexes?

Thanks
I would switch to the alloy ones.

Heres a link

http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...w-(STK)/Detail

Also depending on what you are running you may want to try .195s all around for foam or .195s in the rear and .165s in the front for rubber.
__________________
The Goat... B-Mainer Fo' life
-Awesomatix USA-ROCHE USA-Team CRC-ORCA-SIDE PIECE RACING-TEAM DAK-EA Motorsports-VP Fuel-Trains and Lanes-CR Graphics-TQ Wire-Horsham RC-rugburn anyone?
Shut up and Race!!!!
Ron Goetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:40 PM   #7962
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lenham kent UK
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
I've got a problem with one of my wheel hexes. No matter what wheel I put on it the wheel wobbles slightly. It also means I get different camber readings depending on where its sitting. Should I just get a replacement or some alloy ones? If so what part number are the standard alloy hexes?

Thanks
had a the same problem with my car and found that the only way to get rid of the problem was to fit some jrxs axil shims behind the hex pins as thay are a few thou thicker than the "r" shims and this will take up the slack wear the
axils go through the bearings
Ben + Geoff Wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 02:46 PM   #7963
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Lenham kent UK
Posts: 8
Default

just wondering if your out there mike haynes if you could let me know what your "up travel limters" where set to as no one seems to mention these and i find them a very powerfull adjustment
Ben + Geoff Wal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 03:21 PM   #7964
Tech Addict
 
tim fry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Kent UK
Posts: 524
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben + Geoff Wal View Post
had a the same problem with my car and found that the only way to get rid of the problem was to fit some jrxs axil shims behind the hex pins as thay are a few thou thicker than the "r" shims and this will take up the slack wear the
axils go through the bearings

I have already tried this but it was no better. I just think the hex is distorted. I will give it another go though
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #7965
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben + Geoff Wal View Post
just wondering if your out there mike haynes if you could let me know what your "up travel limters" where set to as no one seems to mention these and i find them a very powerfull adjustment
I can't recall presonally ever using them myself and never seen reference to them in setups.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:53 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0