R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-18-2008, 04:35 PM   #7666
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b-man777 View Post
hey all: Who will be on the losi team at the '08 iic race? Thanks
Only person I am aware of that is going to be there is Mike Haynes. Schreff and Fairtrace can't make it. I honestly don't know if there are any other Losi sponsered guys.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:54 AM   #7667
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Looking to buy

Having a hard time finding a used JRXS Type-R for sale. If you know of any please let know. Thanks.
4wheeldrift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:20 AM   #7668
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The rev, The brass shim is good to have, my diffs last a very long time on a rebuild. The key is to make sure that you change it when ya do the diff, and also make sure to motor spray/wipe the rings and the tube so they are nice and clean before assembling.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:13 PM   #7669
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben + Geoff Wal View Post
don't brake many parts but the ball cups come off or split on a hit
I have this problem too. Its normally when I'm hit rather than me hitting things!
I did try RPM ball cups but as I'm running a 1mm washer under the outer ball stud they rub the rear wheels. Does anyone know of some alternatives?
tim fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 12:35 PM   #7670
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
The rev, The brass shim is good to have, my diffs last a very long time on a rebuild. The key is to make sure that you change it when ya do the diff, and also make sure to motor spray/wipe the rings and the tube so they are nice and clean before assembling.
haynes, you running with darkside anymore?

NNFaN Paints - Add some pride to YOUR ride.
a_main_attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 05:33 PM   #7671
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4wheeldrift View Post
Having a hard time finding a used JRXS Type-R for sale. If you know of any please let know. Thanks.
Screff and Fairtrace made them popular again. 3 months ago they were everywhere now if you see one come up used on ebay they go quickly. I was at the jackson race yesterday and it was a sea of type-r's, there was even a pro putting down some great laps in 19t class!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:33 PM   #7672
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Screff and Fairtrace made them popular again. 3 months ago they were everywhere now if you see one come up used on ebay they go quickly. I was at the jackson race yesterday and it was a sea of type-r's, there was even a pro putting down some great laps in 19t class!
You forgot Mike Haynes. 90% of every TC at 360 Speedway is a Type-R. He tried to get me to get me to get one but I am a die hard 12th scale racer. If I were to get a TC it would be a Type-R. Mike also won the 13.5 Rubber class at the Snowbirds. How do you forget Mike Haynes??!!??!!
Old 07-20-2008, 07:35 PM   #7673
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCSteve93 View Post
You forgot Mike Haynes. 90% of every TC at 360 Speedway is a Type-R. He tried to get me to get me to get one but I am a die hard 12th scale racer. If I were to get a TC it would be a Type-R. Mike also won the 13.5 Rubber class at the Snowbirds. How do you forget Mike Haynes??!!??!!
I dunno, he was at Jackson tearing up the track this weekend too. Sorry MikE!!
Old 07-21-2008, 12:21 PM   #7674
Tech Addict

Ive still got a slightly loose rear end on corner exit. I stiffened the car up all round and this greatly improved it. I'm running rubber tyres and almost kit setup but I have a 1mm washer under the rear outer ball stud and 17.5 front springs and 15 rear.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2008, 01:16 PM   #7675
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post
Ive still got a slightly loose rear end on corner exit. I stiffened the car up all round and this greatly improved it. I'm running rubber tyres and almost kit setup but I have a 1mm washer under the rear outer ball stud and 17.5 front springs and 15 rear.

Thanks
Did you try moving the camber link ball stud on the rear hub carrier to the inner hole (closest to the center line of the car), also what hole is your inner mount for you camber link try it in #4.

The guys at Jackson raceway REALLY helped me out this weekend, my 13.5 car is dialed, now i just have to learn how to drive it hahaha. Ron (Mr. VIP), Fairtrace, and Scooby helped me get things worked out. I am now even more in love w/ my type-r than i was before, thanks guys!!

I just have to fix my popping ballcup issue (some jb weld and a couple lag bolts) and i'm headed for the top of the B-main babeeeee !!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:36 PM   #7676
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Did you try moving the camber link ball stud on the rear hub carrier to the inner hole (closest to the center line of the car), also what hole is your inner mount for you camber link try it in #4.

The guys at Jackson raceway REALLY helped me out this weekend, my 13.5 car is dialed, now i just have to learn how to drive it hahaha. Ron (Mr. VIP), Fairtrace, and Scooby helped me get things worked out. I am now even more in love w/ my type-r than i was before, thanks guys!!

I just have to fix my popping ballcup issue (some jb weld and a couple lag bolts) and i'm headed for the top of the B-main babeeeee !!
with an RS in mix you'll be in A
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #7677
Tech Elite

Quote:
Yea it is awesome to see so many guys having success with his car, i don't really know why it took a bit to catch on, but those that have them seem to usually be happy.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:23 PM   #7678
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim fry View Post

Thanks
Not sure what rear link your using, but 4A seems to work very well with rubber tire, how much droop do you have in the car? Too much may make it feel inconsistent on power. I shoot for about 1.5 over ride height up front and around 2 in the back.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:40 PM   #7679
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
Not sure what rear link your using, but 4A seems to work very well with rubber tire, how much droop do you have in the car? Too much may make it feel inconsistent on power. I shoot for about 1.5 over ride height up front and around 2 in the back.

I'm running 5b at the moment with a 1mm washer under the ball stud.
Droop wise 3mm over ride height front and rear. The car is nearly there but I found on the tight hairpin turns it sometimes wants to turn round on itself when I put the power on.
Old 07-21-2008, 02:42 PM   #7680
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

If your rear end is loose go to the 4a link like everyone says and about 2.5mm uptravel front 2 rear.

17/15 springs on most tracks.
I've been running 3 degrees rear toe lately 1 on the chassis, 1 on the hub, 1 on the block.

Also overdrive.

45/40 oil.

High Front, Low rear roll center.

either 4 degree caster blocks or 6 degree blocks and 2 degrees of antidive.

I usually always run high front diff on rubbers, and low or high rear diff depending on the feel of the track.

I always run the long ackerman link on asphalt since I switched to it at the beginning of the year.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote