R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 06-16-2008, 05:54 AM   #7366
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrobeast View Post
To use the spool instead of the diff up front, is this all you need?

Team Losi 42T Spool Pulley & Plate: JRX-S (LOSA3329)
Yes
"Desire is the key to motivation, but it's the determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of laying it down - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek to beat ass."

-Espo
Xpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 06:54 AM   #7367
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
What is amazing is that the piece of the arm is still on the pin. WOW, did you get a number of the freight train that you ran into?

RedRocket

Yeah that is what i thought too!! I ran into a steel pin holding the inside track marker in place at full tilt w/ a 10.5, it hit so hard it curled the body UNDER the car and rubbed paint about a quarter inch under the bumper, note i said UNDER the bumper . It sheered the foam of the right side clean off, nice clean cut like w/ a knife. I was amazed the car still worked, the only casualties were the arm, the hingepin and it flexed the chassis in a weird way so the top bunch of layers of carbon cracked but i ran the rest of the day (this crash was the first qualifier) w/ the car and it ran great! It only took me about 10 minutes to get everything back in place too. So whatever bad name the type-r got for beign delicate they've definitely addressed it. The whole crowd went .... WHOOOOAAAA when i smacked up!

Bro i'm a fan, i love this car.
Old 06-16-2008, 11:58 AM   #7368
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
Yeah that is what i thought too!! I ran into a steel pin holding the inside track marker in place at full tilt w/ a 10.5, it hit so hard it curled the body UNDER the car and rubbed paint about a quarter inch under the bumper, note i said UNDER the bumper . It sheered the foam of the right side clean off, nice clean cut like w/ a knife. I was amazed the car still worked, the only casualties were the arm, the hingepin and it flexed the chassis in a weird way so the top bunch of layers of carbon cracked but i ran the rest of the day (this crash was the first qualifier) w/ the car and it ran great! It only took me about 10 minutes to get everything back in place too. So whatever bad name the type-r got for beign delicate they've definitely addressed it. The whole crowd went .... WHOOOOAAAA when i smacked up!

Bro i'm a fan, i love this car.
That is pretty good, When I had my JRXS a few years back, I clipped the pipe going into the sweeper and slammed the wall. When I returned to my pit I pulled the left rear bpdy post and the whole left rear fell out, The shock tower and the arm I think were the only thing that was broken, the camber link was still attached to the broken shock tower, It was funny to see the entire corner of the car just fall out when you pull the boby clip.

RedRocket

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:04 PM   #7369
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Remember the old arms?

idk about you guys, but i got my car a few days after horizon shipped it (i was one of the first in colorado to have one) and it had the very first production arms on it,

needless to say, it felt like someone had to breath on them to break them. I used to always cringe at the sight of someone hitting the boards because i thought they would break, even though my car would.

The new(er) arms are MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH better, i can't remember the last time i broke an a-arm.

Now i can hit the boards with the best of them without worrying about breaking.

NNFaN Paints - Add some pride to YOUR ride.
a_main_attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:10 PM   #7370
Tech Elite

Location: Colorado, USA, The land of the free and the home of the brave!
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

NNFaN Paints - Add some pride to YOUR ride.

Last edited by a_main_attendee; 06-16-2008 at 01:10 PM. Reason: double post
a_main_attendee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 02:14 PM   #7371
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I caught a board this past weekend and only ended up breaking a C hub. The arm was intact with no cracks. The new arms are hella better imo. I was testing out the limit of cutting close to said board when I found out just how close I could get.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 03:33 PM   #7372
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to metalracer2

I hit a pipe with the left front of my car and the wheel stayed there and the car keep on going with the arm still on the car with no damage to the arm
all I broke was the c hub
AE B4.1W AE T4.1
metalracer2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #7373
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I didn't find a description on the new arm, what and or why are they different? They are not the EA3 I am guessing. Are they graphite like the old arms or are they just a harder plastic? Give us some details.

RedRocket

Team West Coast Hobbies
NWIC 2008/09
RedRocketRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #7374
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocketRacing View Post
I didn't find a description on the new arm, what and or why are they different? They are not the EA3 I am guessing. Are they graphite like the old arms or are they just a harder plastic? Give us some details.

RedRocket
The first arms were just a bad batch. There was some defect in the way they were molded and resulted in less durable material. Unless you had some of the first kits you probably will not experience any of these arms. I have some lying here if you want me to send them to you.

Last edited by Yeti35; 06-17-2008 at 07:48 AM.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 06:36 AM   #7375
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
The first arms were just a bad batch. There was some defect in the way they were molded and resulted in less durable material. Unless you had some of the first kits you probably will not experience any of these arms. I have some lying here if you want me to sent them to you.
Yeah me too made the mistake of picking some up off the internet before i knew better hahah, they were only 1$ each which i thought was a GREAT deal, now i know why. I've been careful to separate the lots and keep one set for an extreme emergency.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:03 AM   #7376
Tech Regular

Hi guys, I just bought a jrxs-R

Just one question:

In have an old jrxs's (front motor) one-way unit, i wanna use it on my new type -R, so i need to switch the bearings left/right.
Is there a way to remove the one-way bearings from the tube without damaging them?

Thanks in advance!
Fastfreddy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:31 AM   #7377
Tech Elite

I didn't think you had to modify anything to get the oneway to fit in the type-r. I thought they just sent different drive shafts.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #7378
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastfreddy74 View Post
Hi guys, I just bought a jrxs-R

Just one question:

In have an old jrxs's (front motor) one-way unit, i wanna use it on my new type -R, so i need to switch the bearings left/right.
Is there a way to remove the one-way bearings from the tube without damaging them?

Thanks in advance!
Fast Freddy, as you already know, the bearings in the original JRXS one-way are backwards from that of the Type R one-way. As far as removing them to swap sides... I'm not sure that can be done without messing things up. They're pressed in there pretty good. I haven't seen any successful attempts at swapping them. You're better off getting a new one-way.

Now, if you do get them out to swap them, more power to ya.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:43 AM   #7379
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YmeBP View Post
I didn't think you had to modify anything to get the oneway to fit in the type-r. I thought they just sent different drive shafts.

Yes, on the type-R the front pulley is on the other side of the car, so if you install the old jrxs one-way without modification you'll have a 2WD sedan with 4 wheels braking action...
Fastfreddy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 10:44 AM   #7380
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post
Fast Freddy, as you already know, the bearings in the original JRXS one-way are backwards from that of the Type R one-way. As far as removing them to swap sides... I'm not sure that can be done without messing things up. They're pressed in there pretty good. I haven't seen any successful attempts at swapping them. You're better off getting a new one-way.

Now, if you do get them out to swap them, more power to ya.
I tried pulling the bearings out of my one way to change them because they blew up... i used a heat gun and a screwdriver, now i have a warped bearing tube AND blowed up bearings ;0.

I picked it up off ebay, it was listed as a jrx-s pro one way, could be why the bearings are blowed up hahaha.