R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-03-2008, 11:34 PM   #6901
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 193 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Here it is in my car. I cant wait to try it. The software is awesome.
Larry or Jason,

Do you guys have a starting rubber tire setup for this years rubber tire season?
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 06:25 AM   #6902
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Below is the setup I ran at the Coliseum last week. It was a little unorthodox of a setup for that track as it normally requires the use of a one-way. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why the car kept traction rolling. When I put a spool in, it went away. Of course, I lost a lot of steering, but it was still pretty darn good.

I'm going to start with this setup outside too, but make some simple changes like springs, bars, and rear toe for outdoor. Of course that all depends on traction levels.

Larry had a little bit different of a setup and ran a one-way at the Coliseum.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TypeR_Coliseum_Mar29_08.pdf (383.0 KB, 260 views)

Last edited by schreff; 04-04-2008 at 01:42 PM.
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:12 AM   #6903
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

I'm a member or rcottawa.com

For the last 3-4 years, I was running xray.

I decided that it was time for a change. My mind was set for a TC5 or maybe Losi.

Someone at my track said that I should go with a Losi since they are lipo car (Yes I run lipo only). That guy had 2 losi car and he gave me his car for a try. I managed to finish in the A main…normally I'm a B main racer.

The car was great…way better that my xray. I was happy and got my hand on a losi jrx type R.

I raced my new car and finished in the A main again

The car feel so good compare to my xray. The time that I had to do the setup was very minimal. My friend gave me some shock, ajusted the height and droop and that's it.

I was running rubber with front diff and If I had a oneway, I could be a little bit faster.

Anyway, I'm so happy of my new car and I'm glad to have choose Losi instead of TC5
Old 04-04-2008, 07:22 AM   #6904
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Can someone please advise me on diff lube? I'm rebuilding mine with ceramic balls, but my question is brown or clear grease, front or rear? On the setup sheets it does not list rear diff lube, I noticed Schreff uses the brown on the front. I'm running foams on carpet. Whats the best way to go? Also, if anyone can suggest a lube they like better than Losi please tell me? One other thing as far as thrust lube, I have that little tub with the red lid of that HPI gray-ish black looking grease, would that work well for the thrust race or no?
jla8874 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 07:30 AM   #6905
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jla8874 View Post
Can someone please advise me on diff lube? I'm rebuilding mine with ceramic balls, but my question is brown or clear grease, front or rear? On the setup sheets it does not list rear diff lube, I noticed Schreff uses the brown on the front. I'm running foams on carpet. Whats the best way to go? Also, if anyone can suggest a lube they like better than Losi please tell me? One other thing as far as thrust lube, I have that little tub with the red lid of that HPI gray-ish black looking grease, would that work well for the thrust race or no?
Lemme help ya with that...

First off, diff grease...

I always use brown grease in the front diff on carpet. I did a lot of testing with both normal clear stuff (both Losi and AE) and I kept going back to Losi brown grease. Reason being is the car always had enough corner entry, but the mid corner to exit, it had some understeer. Brown grease helped that tremendously. The car didn't give up much on entry and turned more through the mid-exit and it's easier to drive since it's a slower reacting diff. The rear diff, I always use either Losi or AE clear grease. Nothing special there.

Thrust bearing lube... AE black grease. Nothing else, through all my testing, works better. The gray grease from HPI breaks down too easy.
Old 04-04-2008, 08:24 AM   #6906
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard View Post
I knew I would forget something
diff high in front and back
regular link in front, AKA not the JR link
nothing above the shock bladders
Matt, couple other questions:

What wheel hexes were you running?

What front and rear suspension mounts?

Any front kick or rear squat?

Anything above the shock bladders?

LCD's or RCD's up front
RCGaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:16 AM   #6907
Tech Initiate

yet another setup question .. sorry

Guys i am currenty racing at 2 clubs one is on friday night the other on sunday morning the problem i have is the friday is outdoor aspult and the sunday is indoor carpet. i cant see myself having time to reset up the car up between meetings so i was wondering if anyone can recomend a setup that will be able to handle both or just need minor tweeks

idealy i would love to be able to just change tyres but i cant see this being possible so any help is greatly appericated

i am loving the losi typre r
B-Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:30 AM   #6908
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (100%+)

Hey B-master Though Im new to the car my self this is what I would do.. if you can swing it, purchase a extra set of shocks one set would be for asphalt with springs and one set for carpet springs.

I know it my sound silly and alitte expensive but its a little quicker to set up your car that's what they do in F-1 racing its just easy'er to make quick setup changes.And everything thing else would be real quick to setup like droop, ride height,etc,etc,

Hope this helps
Mike

1/12th Fo' Life!!! R.I.P Mike Reedy, R.I.P John Williams

[-Horsham RC-] [-Jackson RC-] [-RC Car World-] [ Black Out Free 2015 ]
mike ivy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 09:42 AM   #6909
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 193 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike ivy View Post
Hey B-master Though Im new to the car my self this is what I would do.. if you can swing it, purchase a extra set of shocks one set would be for asphalt with springs and one set for carpet springs.

I know it my sound silly and alitte expensive but its a little quicker to set up your car that's what they do in F-1 racing its just easy'er to make quick setup changes.And everything thing else would be real quick to setup like droop, ride height,etc,etc,

Hope this helps
Mike
Whaw what a comment!!! I just so happen to have a set of Losi shocks for sale in the for sale thread.

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=215582
dodgeguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:04 PM   #6910
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGaryK View Post
Matt, couple other questions:

What wheel hexes were you running?

What front and rear suspension mounts?

Any front kick or rear squat?

Anything above the shock bladders?

LCD's or RCD's up front
Hexes were the medium offset in the front(forget the measurement) and kit in the rear. Any wider and it wouldn't fit the tech box.

front was just the regular 0 deg mount in the high rollcenter position, rear was the 2 deg mount.

No kickup or antisquat. I should of tried a bit of antisquat in the rear to free the rear up a little.

Nothing above the shock bladders.

LCD's up front
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #6911
Tech Champion

kit is .165, then there's .195 and .225. you're saying you ran .225 in front and .165 in the rear?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:15 PM   #6912
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCGaryK View Post
kit is .165, then there's .195 and .225. you're saying you ran .225 in front and .165 in the rear?
yep, any wider and it would "stick" in the tech box
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:50 PM   #6913
Tech Champion

Thanks man. Going to use your setup for the baseline on my TA since I haven't run the car on rubber yet. It's going to be interesting to say the least
Old 04-04-2008, 01:04 PM   #6914
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Planning on running outdoor with a jrxs type r and i believe it doesn't come with a front spoll. does some one have a part number or a link to one. every time i type it in in a search nothing comes up
also will a brushless motor fit in the chassis. the reason i ask is because in the pictures i saw it looks like the isn't room for the power tabs.
thanks
CREWMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #6915
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREWMAN View Post
Planning on running outdoor with a jrxs type r and i believe it doesn't come with a front spoll. does some one have a part number or a link to one. every time i type it in in a search nothing comes up
also will a brushless motor fit in the chassis. the reason i ask is because in the pictures i saw it looks like the isn't room for the power tabs.
thanks
Its LOSA3329
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...-Pulley/Detail

brushless motors fit just fine
look here http://www.rctech.net/forum/showpost...postcount=6897
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote