save your self the hassle!!! Its a waste of time...just get a Type R, will ya
Old 03-27-2008, 03:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default...rodID=LOSB9555
Old 03-27-2008, 04:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

The price of that motor/ESC combo makes it look pretty tempting. Sure would like some more info on it. Does Losi figure with the new Speed Passion and Orion's etc. coming out, that they will just beat the competition with their price point? Its getting to be a crowded field, with all the hype the SP's are getting this better be a superb product or theres a good chance it will flop. At least with the racers, with that price it might be a big hit for bashers?
Old 03-27-2008, 04:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by jla8874
The price of that motor/ESC combo makes it look pretty tempting. Sure would like some more info on it. Does Losi figure with the new Speed Passion and Orion's etc. coming out, that they will just beat the competition with their price point? Its getting to be a crowded field, with all the hype the SP's are getting this better be a superb product or theres a good chance it will flop. At least with the racers, with that price it might be a big hit for bashers?
I've been running one for over a month now and it's great, very smooth and very adjustable by either a setting card OR via a PC with the included USB adaptor and software. They have their sensorless one that is cheaper that is more targeted to the bashers.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I am debating (AGAIN) if I want to switch from my TC5 to a Type R. I like the lipo layout of the car. I started to read the posts and realized that their were way too many pages to filter through for me. I currently run 13.5 carpet rubber and will be running asphalt rubber as well later.

Had a few questions:

1. Will the following lipo fit: http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=559&parent=56 ? This is a deciding factor since these are the only batteries that I have and dont want to buy new ones.
2. What is the camber mod for the front arms? Any other modifications that are done to the car to make it work better? what is the JR link opposed to the standard lnk?
3. Where can I get a front one-way?
4. What spare parts and tuning parts should I get?
5. I read about this short arm modification. Do I need to get seperate arms for this or do you use the existing arms? Is it necessary for carpet/asphalt rubber?
6. What servo is recommended? I have Futaba 9550 and a Futaba 9451. Should I use the heavier 9451 due to lipo weight?
7. Where can I get a steel lipo tray from? do they have sidewalls to keep the battery from moving left/right/front/back? I saw the one that bigMike had made and it looks like you tape the battery in and then attach the tray to the car.
8. Anyone selling a carpet rubber Type R? =)
9. I read that the TC5 front C-hubs will fit on the car with some dremeling. Is this correct? Do you recommend 4 deg or 6 deg? I like aluminum C-hubs and they are only available in 6 deg for the TC5.
10. Does the car use metric or standard screws and nuts? I think that I read that the wheels were metic (7 mm).

I am sure that their are more questions that I could ask but those should do it for now.

I appreciate all the help.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by cpatel529; 03-27-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:59 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
I've been running one for over a month now and it's great, very smooth and very adjustable by either a setting card OR via a PC with the included USB adaptor and software. They have their sensorless one that is cheaper that is more targeted to the bashers.
Matt,

Can you take a picture of the rotor used in Losi's sensored motors? I can't tell by the can where they're sourced, but the rotor might tell the story.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Matt,

Can you take a picture of the rotor used in Losi's sensored motors? I can't tell by the can where they're sourced, but the rotor might tell the story.
I haven't run their motors yet, only the novak and hacker motors with this esc. Does it really matter where the motors are sourced from? I personally don't know but it's not another feigo knockoff like everyone else
Old 03-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I'm looking at the rotor from the Losi 13.5 right now and its beautiful.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:33 AM
Tech Lord

I haven't run their motors yet, only the novak and hacker motors with this esc. Does it really matter where the motors are sourced from? I personally don't know but it's not another feigo knockoff like everyone else
Yeah, I think it matters. Brushless motor technology is interesting to me, so I try to keep my head around how all the pieces fit together. I don't get stuff discounted or for free, so I tend to research things carefully before I buy them. I also think it's interesting to see how the different motors are assembled, and how the rotors are plated. My apologies for not wanting to be spoon-fed... not my style.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Yeah, I think it matters. Brushless motor technology is interesting to me, so I try to keep my head around how all the pieces fit together. I don't get stuff discounted or for free, so I tend to research things carefully before I buy them. I also think it's interesting to see how the different motors are assembled, and how the rotors are plated. My apologies for not wanting to be spoon-fed... not my style.
That's fine, didn't mean to offend you if I did.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Lord

That's fine, didn't mean to offend you if I did.
Nah, not at all, I just find it all interesting. I'm not out to slam Losi or anything, I think it's really cool they're bringing something new to market, and not just another clone.

I've been experimenting a little bit with disassembling some of the motors to get a better understanding of how they're built. That ptit'yo guy that's doing brushless tuning has me interested in some of the things that can be done to the motors to harden them. Anyway, no offense here, just on a quest for knowledge. :-)
Old 03-27-2008, 01:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Ditto what syndrome said. I'm about to buy the Speed Passion GT and their 17.5, but I could be swayed if this things legit. But before I plunk down a large amount of dough on a system, I definitely want to know who the motor is made by. I'm quite sure were not alone in that thinking. In fact, I bet just about everyones first thought when they saw those pics was what kind of motor that was?
Old 03-27-2008, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Here it is in my car. I cant wait to try it. The software is awesome.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-p1010113.jpg  
Old 03-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Tech Initiate

hi guys i am after a bit of help/advice

ok soon my club moves from indoor to outdoor which is on a large tennis court one thing that worries me last year i ran a plastic chassis (cheep tc3) which after a shot amount of useage had alot of wear on the chassis so i hate to think what a full summer season on a carbon fiber chassis will result in ?

so my question is how do you guys protect your chassis from excessive outdoor wear is there anything

many thanks
Old 03-27-2008, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Droop question

I am a little confused with the way the droop values are stated in the setup sheets.

Droop is mentionned as for instance 1 mm above ride height while ride height is 4 mm.

Now what would you need to have for droop on your droop gauge to set this up this way ?

Is it simply 1 on the droop gauge or for instance 3 (4-1) ?

Same question for ride height 4.5 mm and droop stated as 3mm above ride height.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.