I am debating (AGAIN) if I want to switch from my TC5 to a Type R. I like the lipo layout of the car. I started to read the posts and realized that their were way too many pages to filter through for me. I currently run 13.5 carpet rubber and will be running asphalt rubber as well later.
Had a few questions:
1. Will the following lipo fit: http://www.ultralinehobbies.com/inde...=559&parent=56
? This is a deciding factor since these are the only batteries that I have and dont want to buy new ones.
2. What is the camber mod for the front arms? Any other modifications that are done to the car to make it work better? what is the JR link opposed to the standard lnk?
3. Where can I get a front one-way?
4. What spare parts and tuning parts should I get?
5. I read about this short arm modification. Do I need to get seperate arms for this or do you use the existing arms? Is it necessary for carpet/asphalt rubber?
6. What servo is recommended? I have Futaba 9550 and a Futaba 9451. Should I use the heavier 9451 due to lipo weight?
7. Where can I get a steel lipo tray from? do they have sidewalls to keep the battery from moving left/right/front/back? I saw the one that bigMike had made and it looks like you tape the battery in and then attach the tray to the car.
8. Anyone selling a carpet rubber Type R? =)
9. I read that the TC5 front C-hubs will fit on the car with some dremeling. Is this correct? Do you recommend 4 deg or 6 deg? I like aluminum C-hubs and they are only available in 6 deg for the TC5.
10. Does the car use metric or standard screws and nuts? I think that I read that the wheels were metic (7 mm).
I am sure that their are more questions that I could ask but those should do it for now.
I appreciate all the help.
Any help would be appreciated.