Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dfiantii
Xpress,
Are you running the new speedpassion esc? How do you like it? I am in the process of building my purchase list for Billy out at Speedworld and will be getting a type R here in another month or two and I could use some imput on the esc if you have it.
Yes, I have the GT and am currently using their 13.5 racing at a very small carpet track. I have not had any problems with the esc until today. When I went to change the timing with the programmer I noticed that some parameters had somehow changed like dead band and the punch setting. I have no idea how this happened? Then I started to have problems with the car acting odd when giving very small throttle inputs coming off of nuetral. A little blip of the throttle was acting like a full throttle stab. Not sure about that either. Then (during the same run) the car lost drive (not steering) for about 1 second three different times. I am not very knowledgable with electronics but I did the best troubleshooting I could. I unplugged the sensor harness from the motor and speedo and plugged back in making sure the plugs were all the way in. Then I set my radio back to default settings and reprogrammed the speedo. After that everything went back to normal and worked flawlessly the rest of the day. It sounds weird, but I actually am very happy with the speedo and motor. The programmer makes setting the speedo very easy. There are not any blinks to count etc... If you have any specific questions about the speedo let me know. I'll try to answer them for you.

-After speaking with Shawn at Schumacher USA I have figured out what happened and it was my own doing by changing something in the radio after the speedo was programmed. Still happy with my purchase!

Last edited by Xpress; 03-10-2008 at 08:00 AM. Reason: .
Old 03-08-2008, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike ivy
Hey Guy's Question, can you tell what all parts and part# I need to make a complete spool.
This is all you need to make a spool: http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...-Pulley/Detail
Old 03-09-2008, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

A little off topic so please dont yell at me for this, but if anyone has a LOSI steel lipo tray they want to get rid of I'll pay $40-50 depending on condition.
Old 03-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jla8874
A little off topic so please dont yell at me for this, but if anyone has a LOSI steel lipo tray they want to get rid of I'll pay $40-50 depending on condition.
Be patient, I think they are planning another run of them according to RocketRon who works for Horizon.
Old 03-09-2008, 12:01 PM
Tech Adept

Hi guys

When you have used the Xray thrust race in the losi

Have you used the xray plates that go with it or just use the standard losi ones.

Cheers

Tim
Old 03-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Has anyone tried running with the roll centres high?? The manual recommends it for low-grip asphalt, but I've yet to see a setup sheet where anybody has tried that.
Old 03-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

I run High rear diff and front spool and high Roll centers for rubber outdoors.
Old 03-09-2008, 04:03 PM
Tech Adept

Hi there,

I have been running the high roll centres on my cars for a long time. We race outside on cold tarmac here in the UK, and it seems to work for us.

I have High on the front, with the rear in the low position but with a 2mm spacer under the block to give it a bit less that full high.

The full high at the rear was too much and didn't roll enough

Cheers
Tim
Old 03-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by hamster778
Hi guys

When you have used the Xray thrust race in the losi

Have you used the xray plates that go with it or just use the standard losi ones.

Cheers

Tim
Use the plates that come with the XRay thrust bearing.

Dave
Old 03-09-2008, 05:20 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capelracer
Has anyone tried running with the roll centres high?? The manual recommends it for low-grip asphalt, but I've yet to see a setup sheet where anybody has tried that.
i did here is my set up posted on May 13th
Old 03-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Anyone running Prism Lilac's all around? I can't seem to get a good setup for high grip, I keep rolling. I had the setup good for regular club grip, but we have a trophy race at 360 and I ended up on DP/O up front, which ended up too pushy.
Old 03-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Anyone running Prism Lilac's all around? I can't seem to get a good setup for high grip, I keep rolling. I had the setup good for regular club grip, but we have a trophy race at 360 and I ended up on DP/O up front, which ended up too pushy.
i would try checking ride hight and droop before switching tires, all the big races have pretty high grip and most everyone on losi ran dp/o or cyan, and even people run DP all around, i would look at something else in your setup...

how long you leaving sauce on your tires? and what sauce u using?
Old 03-10-2008, 07:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flameoutgarrett
i would try checking ride hight and droop before switching tires, all the big races have pretty high grip and most everyone on losi ran dp/o or cyan, and even people run DP all around, i would look at something else in your setup...

how long you leaving sauce on your tires? and what sauce u using?
I'm running Haynes setup, he was giving me tips throughout the day. We are running paragon only, I was only doing 1/4 the front about 5 mins before the race, wiped off with a rag. I probably should have tried none up front, just cleaning them off. I went as high as 35lbs up front and still couldn't get it to push, but the DP/O setup the car was loose all over, pushed, but would transfer to oversteer. (I changed before the main and only have a few laps to practice and make adjustments).
Old 03-10-2008, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

hi guys, what shims do you guys use to take out the play in the arms, c-hubs, and rear hub?

thanks
Old 03-10-2008, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Guys, called Horizon hobbies today about the steel tray. The Rep I was talking to said they havent had them for a year now, and many PPL have called and asked for it. Losi is aware PPL are wanting these, but in the reps understanding is that losi may make it again, but not for a while. Something to do with materials to built it....blah...blah...blah.
For gosh sake its steel, how hard can it be to mass produce, powder coated, painted whatever? I suggest starting a email and phone call campaign to get things rolling. Flood there feedback boxes, and call the losi customer support line. One way or another we will get the word across. build it and they will come, dont build it, and see me jump ship for the next MFG who comes out with a lipo optimized chassis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.