R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-04-2008, 03:49 PM   #6421
Tech Initiate

Default One way help

Hi Fellow R owners

I have just bought part no.LOSA3358 one way kit, the whole assembly went together really well until it came to the dogbones and the RCD axles in the kit you are supplied with 2 solid pins and 2 split roll pins,whilst trying to assemble the dogbones relative to the axle i noticed the both sets of pins are too short as anyone else came across this problem? if so how did you get round it? the only way i can see in rectifying this is to buy longer pins.

How do you find the one way compared to do diff? is more difficult to drive? do you have to have a different set up compared to the diff?
walden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #6422
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Boricua View Post
Mike Haynes: I tired your setup that you posted before and the car was flat dialed. What's your procedure for traction compound? Are you cleaning your tires after every run? With what? How long are you putting the traction compound on there and how long before the race are you removing it?

Also, are you gluing the outside bead on the fronts at all? Does your car lift or have a tendency to want to traction roll if you drive it too hard?

thanks in advance,

-Benson Rice-

I was using motorspray to wipe the junk off, gooping when i charged my pack so it soaked in good, i had them dry before going to tech...seemed to come in faster, otherwise major push for a lap or 2. No glue, it was very mellow.

Last edited by Mike Haynes; 02-04-2008 at 05:35 PM.
Mike Haynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 05:22 PM   #6423
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by walden View Post
Hi Fellow R owners

I have just bought part no.LOSA3358 one way kit, the whole assembly went together really well until it came to the dogbones and the RCD axles in the kit you are supplied with 2 solid pins and 2 split roll pins,whilst trying to assemble the dogbones relative to the axle i noticed the both sets of pins are too short as anyone else came across this problem? if so how did you get round it? the only way i can see in rectifying this is to buy longer pins.

How do you find the one way compared to do diff? is more difficult to drive? do you have to have a different set up compared to the diff?
You need to use lcd stuff for the front axles, rcd will not fit with the short dogbones. You will need to use a pair of lcd stub axles and a lcd rebuild kit in addition to what came in the oneway bag to put together a complete set of axles...or just swap out the dogbone side of what is currently in the car.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:23 PM   #6424
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Hey fellas!

For the Type R faithful... my Birds' setup is attached. It's not a whole lot different than what Larry and I ran in Vegas.

Ok, back to bed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TypeR_SnowBirds_Schreff_2008.pdf (390.9 KB, 187 views)

Last edited by schreff; 02-14-2008 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Made a mistake on the setup sheet
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 06:58 PM   #6425
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Brian McGreevy Send a message via Yahoo to Brian McGreevy

Schreff,

Congrats on the wins man. Trav was very, very close in stock, but you dominated 19t!

See ya around, enjoy your sleep! LOL
USVTA Member #211

Support Formula SAE - get kids into engineering!
http://motorsports.illinois.edu/
Brian McGreevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 01:55 AM   #6426
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid View Post
You need to use lcd stuff for the front axles, rcd will not fit with the short dogbones. You will need to use a pair of lcd stub axles and a lcd rebuild kit in addition to what came in the oneway bag to put together a complete set of axles...or just swap out the dogbone side of what is currently in the car.
Thank you so much for your help , the thing i got confused with is that the manaul states you must use RCD when using the oneway so i contacted Losi but i don't think they clearly under stood what i was trying to point out, but they were still very helpful , but i all need to do now is buy the uprated rear layshaft LOSA3320

Rcracingkid how did you find using the oneway? did you have to change your set up from using a diff?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:56 AM   #6427
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Thank you so much for your help , the thing i got confused with is that the manaul states you must use RCD when using the oneway so i contacted Losi but i don't think they clearly under stood what i was trying to point out, but they were still very helpful , but i all need to do now is buy the uprated rear layshaft LOSA3320

Rcracingkid how did you find using the oneway? did you have to change your set up from using a diff?
Old 02-05-2008, 01:56 AM   #6428
Tech Initiate

Quote:

Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 AM   #6429
Tech Initiate

schreff: thanks a lot for the post, I appreciate it!
El_Boricua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:02 AM   #6430
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Hey Mike,
Could you either post your setup for your rubber car down in Fla. or pm it to me as we talked about earlier this week? Good job in all your classes. And yes losi dominates the Birds again!!
Peace,
Casey
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:27 AM   #6431
Administrator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

mike already posted his setup...it is up a few posts...

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 04:47 PM   #6432
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post
Hey fellas!

For the Type R faithful... my Birds' setup is attached. It's not a whole lot different than what Larry and I ran in Vegas.

Ok, back to bed.
YOUR MY F'N HERO!
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #6433
Administrator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge View Post
YOUR MY F'N HERO!
and you mine

would you happen to know where i could get a replacemnt bearing for my type r oneway?????i have one that broke and figured i could press out the old and in the new....

thanks
Matt

UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot,nothing is going to get better. It's not. Dr. Seuss
Matt M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 07:23 PM   #6434
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Well, my Type R's have been great so far...so far for the tight and technical 140X70ft outdoor asphalt track its been very smooth and easy to drive using T. Hodge's Reedy 2007 race set up...but it needs to be much more aggressive. I need it to rotate quickly and turn left to right much faster- it needs to be more reactive...tried some of Schreffs set up for the Jackson race, but I still dont get the reaction I'm looking for...I have tried different shock oils and spring combinations, roll centers, camber link, sway bars, JR-Link and standard, but it just doesnt seem to get them car to become so agressive that you actually need to calm it down...that's what i'm looking for...I'd like for it to be reactive anough that I'll need to actually tone it down a bit...Any suggestions?

Currently using:

Ride height: 5mm FR, 5.5R
High ROll centers all around- have tried High front, and low rear also
Shocks- 45W 15lb front, 40wt 12lb Rear with 2 o-rings
1.5 camber all around
4 deg caster
2 deg rear toe in
diff position: front high, rear low
Front Spool
Camber link: front-#3, with standard link, and rear: 5A
swaybars: Front .40, rear .30
Tires- Jaco Rubberz (Greens:Med firm)
Mazda Speed 6 body
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 09:42 PM   #6435
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to FARBES
Default My BLACK TYPE-R is almost complete!

My Chassis Lists: I end up spending to much on it to get it to be a racer!

EP PRO MATCHED 4600

EPIC PRO 27T

PERFEX KA-15 ESC

HPI SX-1 SERVO

what do you think of this below?

I almost done with body, it looks sexy and cool after I painted it. Is Police HERE??? I looking around..

I need: FUTUBA Receiver!

I can't wait to throw this sweet car on the pavement track.