R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-04-2007, 09:32 PM   #5866
Tech Fanatic

Time for you to try something different, Marcos?
vabroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 09:33 PM   #5867
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
Time for you to try something different, Marcos?
yes ( shocker)
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 12:51 PM   #5868
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

thats a good deal marcos...wish i had money to spend...cause you would have it........

to bad for me................
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:11 PM   #5869
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to level-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
thats a good deal marcos...wish i had money to spend...cause you would have it........

to bad for me................
me 2, i was looking at that also, hey marcos want a 007
level-4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:14 PM   #5870
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by level-4 View Post
me 2, i was looking at that also, hey marcos want a 007
lol no x rays for me
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 05:27 AM   #5871
Tech Regular

All this oneway talk has persuaded me to order one. After all I run rubber tyres on carpet.

Has anyone produced a setup for a oneway or have any suggestions on what changes need to be made from using a diff?

Cheeers.
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:20 PM   #5872
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRXS_chris View Post
All this oneway talk has persuaded me to order one. After all I run rubber tyres on carpet.

Has anyone produced a setup for a oneway or have any suggestions on what changes need to be made from using a diff?

Cheeers.
a few guys i talked to said try the ashpalt set-up in the book.just using the one-way vs.the spool...otherwise shreff had posted a few pages back a set-up from john tags car...which uses jaco greens...which i heard were close to a cs 27....
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 10:31 PM   #5873
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I dunno guys... I'm feeling defeated. This car is so fast, but I'm having the worst time being consistent with it. It seems like slight mistakes are much more costly. It's almost as if the car's quick ability to transfer weight works against you if you're not perfectly smooth at all times. :-(
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #5874
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
I dunno guys... I'm feeling defeated. This car is so fast, but I'm having the worst time being consistent with it. It seems like slight mistakes are much more costly. It's almost as if the car's quick ability to transfer weight works against you if you're not perfectly smooth at all times. :-(

I'm sure just a few small changes the other way to calm it down a bit and you will be smokin.

I ended up with the same thing last year with the mid motor car and when I just found that edge of being too aggressive I backed it off a tick and it was awesome.
jeffb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:38 AM   #5875
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
a few guys i talked to said try the ashpalt set-up in the book.just using the one-way vs.the spool...otherwise shreff had posted a few pages back a set-up from john tags car...which uses jaco greens...which i heard were close to a cs 27....

I shall give it a go!
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 08:57 AM   #5876
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Syndrome you still running rubber carpet? If you are that's the beast. If you get out of the groove even just a little it's not pretty. The best setup in the world couldn't stop someone from being loose on rubbers if there is no groove or you drive it in too hard. My car was great at the Gate but if I started driving it like my foam car I could not settle it down to save my life. Just my two cents.
Peace,
C
mojoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:59 AM   #5877
Tech Lord

Na, I went back to foams. The car never felt consistent on rubbers, it was wanting to step out especially toward the later portions of the race. I wasn't driving it hard or overheating the tires, so it was probably just something that needed work with the setup.

With foams, I'm basically running Shreff's Horsham setup with dblpink Prisms all the way around instead of Parma magenta. I tried the magenta Prisms, but it didn't feel right on our track. The car has a ton of steering, holds impressive corner speed and all that, but gives me fits putting it exactly where I want it, and seems to change a lot between races as traction/temp/humidity change. It just doesn't feel precise, I guess. It's probably all in the setup the driver. :-) Maybe I'm not good enough to drive such a precision machine.
Old 11-07-2007, 10:10 AM   #5878
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

The setup I will send you feels pretty good to me on carpet w/ rubber. I just need to get it on a blank PDF to send to you. I thought I had it in an email Schreff sent to me but that was the foam setup, which is also dialed imo.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 09:12 PM   #5879
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Did you try Parma magenta tires on it? I tested with Jacos before Vegas and made the car feel completly different. His setup is based on Parma tires which will make a big difference.

TLR, Fantom, Horizon, Spektrum, Trackside
Brian L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 PM   #5880
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian L View Post
Did you try Parma magenta tires on it? I tested with Jacos before Vegas and made the car feel completly different. His setup is based on Parma tires which will make a big difference.
Brian,

I haven't, I had a dreadful time with the side walls getting ripped off the Parmas, and even tried more camber to stop it. I really liked the old Parmas, but the Pro 53's not so much. The Jacos are nice, but man, they come unglued easily. I've heard many other people say the same thing, so I don't think I'm alone. I've been regluing them after each race night and that seems to do okay. It's hard to keep it from getting into the sidewalls, though, so I worry it's affecting the car's side bite.

You make a good point about that setup and the Parmas though. I've got a new set sitting around, so I'll give them another shot this week and see how things feel. Presumably, with the larger wheels, the roll center will be slightly changed.

It looks like you guys had fun up there in Omaha. Sorry I couldn't join everybody, my wife wasn't too keen on having me gone on our first anniversary. Good job though, sounds like you had the R working great.