R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-04-2007, 12:56 PM   #5626
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
Hey guys, there are 2 different part numbers for the suspension arms on the R. Anyone here knows the difference?

Front - LOSA1217 or LOSA9742
Rear - LOSA2223 or LOSA9862

Just seems kind of funny that even Losi list both these arms on the website!
1217 and 2223 are the numbers for the arms according to the kit. Only thing I see different on Losi's site for the other two numbers is they are calling them EA3 but that is supposed to be what they all were. 9741 and 9862 are not even numbers listed for the shorter arms from the old kit. The short arms for the old kit are as follows 9739A for front and 9168A for the rear. So maybe they changed the number for the newer better molded arms, but that would not make much sense. Hopefully Todd or Ron will stop in and tell us what the difference is.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 03:29 PM   #5627
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,746
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Here is my Setup from the IIC. The setup was AWESOME on high bite with Jack the Gripper. I don't know how it will work on club level bite. I guess someone is gonna have to try it and see, because we don't have a track right now.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IIC Type R Setup.pdf (371.1 KB, 202 views)
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 04:19 PM   #5628
Tech Elite
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff
Default

Larry and I ran pretty much identical setups at the IIC. I think my setup was just a little different, but not too much where the cars would drive too differently.

My setup should be on the Losi website any day now. I gave it to Hodgimoto so whenever he gets the chance, it will be up there.
__________________
-Jason Schreffler-
TLR|Horizon Hobby|Spektrum|AKA|Team CRC|CR Graphics|TQ Wire|Radio Impound Podcast
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 05:04 PM   #5629
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Sorry to hear about Horsham. I wish I could share, we could use more carpet racers around here. I'm moving to a place in the spring where the carpet track just closed, and the racers have managed to get together and form a club, buy carpet, and hold races at the fairgrounds. Hopefully it works out for them, I'd really miss the rug.

I'm going back to foam (and NiMH, bleh) next week, and was thinking about using Schreff's Horsham setup from a couple of months ago as a starting point. We don't have high traction at the moment, though I think we're going to start spraying Paragon again.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2007, 07:49 PM   #5630
Tech Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: bella vista ar
Posts: 869
Send a message via AIM to ERTRACHTER
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35 View Post
1217 and 2223 are the numbers for the arms according to the kit. Only thing I see different on Losi's site for the other two numbers is they are calling them EA3 but that is supposed to be what they all were. 9741 and 9862 are not even numbers listed for the shorter arms from the old kit. The short arms for the old kit are as follows 9739A for front and 9168A for the rear. So maybe they changed the number for the newer better molded arms, but that would not make much sense. Hopefully Todd or Ron will stop in and tell us what the difference is.
i will ask ron or todd tomorrow at work to check it out and let you guys know the difference
__________________
ASSOCIATED 12r5.1,REEDY MOTOR AND BATTERY, LRP SPEEDO,KIMBROUGH PRODUCTS,BIG DOG RACING,BELMONT R/C SPEEDSHOP, DENNIS LYMAN RACING, TEAM TOSO, TEAM FACTORY BITTER, SCHUUR SOLUTIONS, SIMMONS RACING, TEAM BOOZCRUZ
ERTRACHTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:32 PM   #5631
Tech Addict
 
J@UNE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 621
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Thanks for sharing your setup Larry. You say Losi Low ball stud, The kit come with the long right?
J@UNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:36 PM   #5632
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
Hey guys, there are 2 different part numbers for the suspension arms on the R. Anyone here knows the difference?

Front - LOSA1217 or LOSA9742
Rear - LOSA2223 or LOSA9862

Just seems kind of funny that even Losi list both these arms on the website!
The stock arms for the kit are LOSA1217 which are the front and LOSA2223 for the rear.

LOSA9742 is the JRXS "short" arms in EA3. LOSA9862 is the JRXS "Short" arms for the JRXS.
__________________
Todd Hodge
Category Development Manager for Losi and Team Losi Racing
Losi and Team Losi Racing, brands of Horizon Hobby
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 09:39 PM   #5633
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex View Post
Does Losi make shims that are the same shape as the pivot blocks to place under pivot blocks? Or do you guys just use normal round shims\spacers under the pivot blocks to raise the roll center?
I always used the Losi .030" #4 gold washers.
__________________
Todd Hodge
Category Development Manager for Losi and Team Losi Racing
Losi and Team Losi Racing, brands of Horizon Hobby
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:24 PM   #5634
Tech Regular
 
MaxRain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Calgary, Canada
Posts: 418
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default First Run / Caster block

Being new to the hobby/club in my area, I began practicing with a 1/18 scale kit back in Feb of this year. And now I have upgraded to the type-r and I got the chance to run it for the first time tonight. I must say that I created some interest with this kit as I felt like a seasoned veteran running consistent fast laps around the track. The car handles so well, I was astonished and speachless. Currently, I am the only one running the kit at the club, but I think things may change because members were asking to look at it. Most members at the club run xray.

After studying and reading thru the posts this thread, I was torn between the '007 and the type-r. But after running it for the first time, I don't regret choosing this kit. I felt that I could drive the car to its limits with ease based on the setup provided in the manual. The car handles so well, like others have mentioned in this thread, the car is the real deal.

My only beef about it, is that on my second run tonight I broke a front caster block. I got a little too close to the wall and it rubbed up against the wood. The caster block broke on the bottom side. So that was the end of my run.
Disappointing, to say the least but I still felt good based on the consistency of laps. A seasoned veteran would say oh well, and that is exactly how I have to take it. Hopefully I can stay away from the walls

equipment used for tonight's run
shock matching tool - excellent piece of equipment (I love this thing)
Novak 10.5 bonded
Novak XBR
M8/Spectrum pro
Don't have a transponder yet, but looking to buy one.

On a final note for now, just wanted to say thanks to the guys who created the kit, you made my evening Hopefully I can challenge some of these guys for the club title (just need to settle my nerves though)

Gordon
__________________
Gordon
Stock Car - Xray T3, Modified Car - Xray T4 '14; Xray X1; Tamiya M-06
My Youtube Channel: search "CARCAR videos" or follow this link https://youtu.be/owXBpsQkyjE
Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2007, 11:36 PM   #5635
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,746
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J@UNE View Post
Thanks for sharing your setup Larry. You say Losi Low ball stud, The kit come with the long right?
Yeah and as a note on that setup sheet It has a low ball stud listed on the caster block. It should be a normal ball stud.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 12:23 AM   #5636
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxRain View Post
My only beef about it, is that on my second run tonight I broke a front caster block. I got a little too close to the wall and it rubbed up against the wood. The caster block broke on the bottom side.
A couple of people have mentioned that the axles may extend too far beyond the wheel in some cases, and would be prone to catching on the boards and causing a break. I haven't had this trouble, so I didn't grind mine, but maybe others have, and can share their experiences. I've found the Type-R to be quite tough once the issue was worked out with the original batch of arms.

If you haven't added a "P-Dub" bumper already, that too seem to help avoid parts breakage.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 06:38 AM   #5637
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
A couple of people have mentioned that the axles may extend too far beyond the wheel in some cases, and would be prone to catching on the boards and causing a break. I haven't had this trouble, so I didn't grind mine, but maybe others have, and can share their experiences. I've found the Type-R to be quite tough once the issue was worked out with the original batch of arms.

If you haven't added a "P-Dub" bumper already, that too seem to help avoid parts breakage.
you can try this too


this is how far they extend to protect the front arms
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:32 AM   #5638
Tech Champion
 
morris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: jersey shore pa
Posts: 5,562
Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)
Default

hey guys,
i got to practice with the new car last night.
at first i was a liitle not happy....that was using box set-up.40 oil instead of 50.the tires i had were a really old set of take-off cs-27.well my buddy lent me a newer set and i compound the whole front and rear.the car had gotten way better.it had a high speed over steer off throttle.and pushed at slow speeds.
so i am going to wait till next week and start going to the back of the book.

but over-all for only one day im not going to make a decision for right now i like my older jrxs better.

i will wait and see.

matt
morris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:48 AM   #5639
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
hey guys,
i got to practice with the new car last night.
at first i was a liitle not happy....that was using box set-up.40 oil instead of 50.the tires i had were a really old set of take-off cs-27.well my buddy lent me a newer set and i compound the whole front and rear.the car had gotten way better.it had a high speed over steer off throttle.and pushed at slow speeds.
so i am going to wait till next week and start going to the back of the book.

but over-all for only one day im not going to make a decision for right now i like my older jrxs better.

i will wait and see.

matt
The old car was good if you got a decent setup for it, but the new car is even better once you get it setup. You can trust me on this since I still have one of the old cars as well as two of the new ones. Schreff helped me out a lot getting both of my Type R's setup and they were so much better afterwards. IIC was the first I ran foam on carpet and I was using his setup. The car was easy to drive and was quick, I am just not at to level of Schreff and Fairtrace to push it that hard but I do know if I could the car would be even faster.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #5640
Tech Addict
 
J@UNE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posts: 621
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by morris View Post
the car had gotten way better.it had a high speed over steer off throttle.and pushed at slow speeds.
I felt the same way when I tried the car on rubber... After changing the following

spring to 17.5F and 15R
shock pos 1F 2R
Front one way
.195 rear axle
Front Kickup (.60 washer under the front pivot)

The car is now as fast as my well known T2... Give it some more time. I think its worth it
J@UNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 07:14 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0