R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-18-2007, 12:03 PM   #5536
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kwikvdub

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTTim View Post
Anyone know the part # for the Tamiya Red Foams mentioned in Todd Hodges Reedy Race set-up sheet???? Thanks!

Part# is: TAM 53577

TQRacing / 360 v2 RC Raceway
Kwikvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 05:51 PM   #5537
Tech Fanatic

Also at Ampdraw, near the bottom of the page:

http://www.ampdraw.com/browse.php?ty...y=141&df562de1
vabroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 03:56 AM   #5538
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Does anyone have an editable set-up sheet for the type r?
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:31 AM   #5539
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by $$$... View Post
Does anyone have an editable set-up sheet for the type r?
send me your email
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:09 PM   #5540
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Hi guys. I'm an 1/8 scale offroad nitro guy. have been for a while now. But a local RC club as rented out a spot at the local mall to setup a carpet track. I just jumped off the deep end and bought a JRXS-R and some maxamps 7.4v 4000mah lipo packs. I have made a decision on the lrp tc spec spedo with the 4.5 BL motor but what gearing would you suggest?
the track will be about 50 x 85.
Iím sure I will want a selection of gears. Maybe if you guys can just give me a ball park gearing that would be sufficient.

What is the low down on keeping in check with the temp of the electric motor? to much load = to much heat. I see that being a bad thing. But is there a so say optimal temp for electric motors? I see where the gearing would play a huge roll in that.
any info on what tires or traction compound would be great also.

Sorry to be such a noob to all of this but I have searched for a few days on here and have found no real direct answers to my questions.
Thanks guys
tony
tdeal823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 07:37 PM   #5541
DN
Tech Apprentice

You don't need to appologise for being new, we all start somewhwere. You might want to try around 32t on the pinion. It really depends on how tight the track might be layed out. The motor temp from Novak suggests around 160-175 at the end of a run. It may be different from your manuf. As far as traction, i could not tell you, I race on asphalt. By the way, I was wondering whay any of the guys who read this are paying of their jrxs-r kits. I just baught one for $369. The best price I've seen anywhere is around $430. Are there two different kits available out there? Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeal823 View Post
Hi guys. I'm an 1/8 scale offroad nitro guy. have been for a while now. But a local RC club as rented out a spot at the local mall to setup a carpet track. I just jumped off the deep end and bought a JRXS-R and some maxamps 7.4v 4000mah lipo packs. I have made a decision on the lrp tc spec spedo with the 4.5 BL motor but what gearing would you suggest?
Iím sure I will want a selection of gears. Maybe if you guys can just give me a ball park gearing that would be sufficient.

What is the low down on keeping in check with the temp of the electric motor? to much load = to much heat. I see that being a bad thing. But is there a so say optimal temp for electric motors? I see where the gearing would play a huge roll in that.

Sorry to be such a noob to all of this but I have searched for a few days on here and have found no real direct answers to my questions.
Thanks guys
tony
DN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:11 PM   #5542
Super Moderator

here is a like action pic of my type r at last weekends state race

(thanks tonyp for the pic)
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 PM   #5543
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Marcos, are there more pics of that paint scheme somewhere? I like it, and I might just use it for my first carpet body this season.
-Adam
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #5544
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamge View Post
Marcos, are there more pics of that paint scheme somewhere? I like it, and I might just use it for my first carpet body this season.
-Adam
You're a Sooner fan too?
Old 09-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #5545
Super Moderator

Quote:
-Adam
yes here http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...36#post3685336

PaintingRoly painted them for me!!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:23 PM   #5546
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DN View Post
You don't need to appologise for being new, we all start somewhwere. You might want to try around 32t on the pinion. It really depends on how tight the track might be layed out. The motor temp from Novak suggests around 160-175 at the end of a run. It may be different from your manuf. As far as traction, i could not tell you, I race on asphalt. By the way, I was wondering whay any of the guys who read this are paying of their jrxs-r kits. I just baught one for $369. The best price I've seen anywhere is around $430. Are there two different kits available out there? Thanks
At my track before the discount, its cheaper then that lol....

Theres only one type R
Old 09-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #5547
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdeal823 View Post

Thanks guys
tony
I believe the LRP motors come with a gearing recommendation chart. I don't have one handy, but I'd start with what they suggest as a ballpark gearing and go from there. Try to keep the motor under 170 after a 5 minute race. If you don't feel like you can gear it properly with the gears Losi makes available, there's an adapter made by PRS that will let you use their spur gears.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:31 PM   #5548
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thx

I don't even know what the OU or Sooners are referring to. Probably some college sports team, eh? But I thought it was OSU and the name was Buckeyes? Ah, ignore me. I only care about NFL and NBA.
When someone is intent on excelling in an otherwise laudable manner, does he not desire to inflict pain on others by means of his exalted status and enjoy the envy he arouses? Is there not an anticipated delight in an artist's ability to defeat his artistic rivals, which heightens his euphoria in creation?
-Nietzsche
adamge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:32 PM   #5549
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by undark View Post
I believe the LRP motors come with a gearing recommendation chart. I don't have one handy, but I'd start with what they suggest as a ballpark gearing and go from there. Try to keep the motor under 170 after a 5 minute race. If you don't feel like you can gear it properly with the gears Losi makes available, there's an adapter made by PRS that will let you use their spur gears.
here is a great gearing chart!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:33 PM   #5550
Super Moderator

Quote:
Thx

I don't even know what the OU or Sooners are referring to. Probably some college sports team, eh? But I thought it was OSU and the name was Buckeyes? Ah, ignore me. I only care about NFL and NBA.
college? yes!