R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2007, 04:13 PM   #5476
Tech Elite
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff
Default

Hey guys...

I know some of you were looking for a carpet rubber tire setup. What Larry and I came up with is attached to this post. It's hard to say whether this setup will work or not at Vegas. The car had plenty of steering, but lacked a little rear grip. I'm sure the newer Jaco Greens will fix that as we had the older thin treaded version. I honestly think the car is an A Main capable car with the way it ran when we drove it. Now with Tags driving it, that's another story.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TypeR_Horsham_TagsRubber.pdf (370.4 KB, 210 views)
__________________
-Jason Schreffler-
TLR|Horizon Hobby|Spektrum|AKA|Team CRC|CR Graphics|TQ Wire|Radio Impound Podcast
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:45 PM   #5477
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post
Hey guys...

I know some of you were looking for a carpet rubber tire setup. What Larry and I came up with is attached to this post. It's hard to say whether this setup will work or not at Vegas. The car had plenty of steering, but lacked a little rear grip. I'm sure the newer Jaco Greens will fix that as we had the older thin treaded version. I honestly think the car is an A Main capable car with the way it ran when we drove it. Now with Tags driving it, that's another story.
Huh, very interesting. I'm anxious to hear how it does for you guys at IIC. Are you both going to run foam and rubber? I guess I don't remember seeing you guys do rubber in the past.

So you went with the one-way low in front and the diff high in the rear? I think that's first time I've seen that on this car.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:55 PM   #5478
Tech Elite
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,746
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace
Default

Neither of us are running rubber at the IIC, we're just doing the legwork for Tag. I will run rubber again at the Birds casue I'll be allowed to run 3 touring classes.
__________________
T.O.P Racing - Awesomatix USA - EaMotorsports - BSR Racing Tires - Orca - TQ Wire - Solaris Racing Tires - Side Piece Racing

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:57 PM   #5479
Tech Elite
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Huh, very interesting. I'm anxious to hear how it does for you guys at IIC. Are you both going to run foam and rubber? I guess I don't remember seeing you guys do rubber in the past.

So you went with the one-way low in front and the diff high in the rear? I think that's first time I've seen that on this car.
Tags was having troubles with his car so he sent it to us. We ran about 10 packs through it in total. The tires on it are pretty much useless at this point. The high rear diff helped middle of the corner rotation. I think with new tires, the rear diff would end up being put back to low. Keep in mind, we had very limited time with Tags car and we were on pretty used up tires. Also, always keep an open mind about car setup.
__________________
-Jason Schreffler-
TLR|Horizon Hobby|Spektrum|AKA|Team CRC|CR Graphics|TQ Wire|Radio Impound Podcast
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 05:59 PM   #5480
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace View Post
Neither of us are running rubber at the IIC, we're just doing the legwork for Tag. I will run rubber again at the Birds casue I'll be allowed to run 3 touring classes.
Ah, cool, that's nice of you guys. Maybe you can win 'em both this time!
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:02 PM   #5481
Tech Elite
 
schreff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,015
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Ah, cool, that's nice of you guys. Maybe you can win 'em both this time!
Not if I have something to say about it.

Oh, wait, I'm running 12th scale at SnowBirds. Larry can have fun in stock rubber again.
__________________
-Jason Schreffler-
TLR|Horizon Hobby|Spektrum|AKA|Team CRC|CR Graphics|TQ Wire|Radio Impound Podcast
schreff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:04 PM   #5482
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by schreff View Post
Tags was having troubles with his car so he sent it to us. We ran about 10 packs through it in total. The tires on it are pretty much useless at this point. The high rear diff helped middle of the corner rotation. I think with new tires, the rear diff would end up being put back to low. Keep in mind, we had very limited time with Tags car and we were on pretty used up tires. Also, always keep an open mind about car setup.
Oh definitely, I'll always keep an open mind to what other people are trying. I'm just now getting to the point where I'm trying to understand how each adjustment affects the car, and how the changes work together. Martin Crisp's book has been a really good learning tool. I read it all the time and retain something new each time I do.

That's another thing I've been enjoying about rubber tire. It seems like small setup changes make more of an impact, and things seem to work the way I'd expect from what I've learned from the books. Foam tires, not so much. I find foam setups really frustrating to figure out, but everything has made sense with rubber so far.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:07 PM   #5483
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

You guys have been way more helpful than the mutes in the old Corally thread. Appreciate it.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:00 AM   #5484
Tech Regular
 
s13evo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 361
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Hello, im new to the forum and just finished building the type R.
i got 2 problems with it so far tho. wondering if anyone could help me out?


#1.When using the 41T spool ,why is it the belt stays very loose. when using the stock diff i can tighten the belt very good but not when using the 41T spool.
is there a special smaller size belt when using he 41T spool? or any other modification needed to use the 41T instead of the 42T?

#2.why does my car swerve to the side when at full trottle, but goes very straight from slow rolling start to high speed. but when i torqe it it always swerves to that oneside again. forgot which side it serves too. is my diffs too lose? or is that normal?
s13evo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:59 AM   #5485
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by s13evo View Post
Hello, im new to the forum and just finished building the type R.
i got 2 problems with it so far tho. wondering if anyone could help me out?


#1.When using the 41T spool ,why is it the belt stays very loose. when using the stock diff i can tighten the belt very good but not when using the 41T spool.
is there a special smaller size belt when using he 41T spool? or any other modification needed to use the 41T instead of the 42T?

#2.why does my car swerve to the side when at full trottle, but goes very straight from slow rolling start to high speed. but when i torqe it it always swerves to that oneside again. forgot which side it serves too. is my diffs too lose? or is that normal?
You really don't want the belt super tight anyhow, but it does work with the 41 since that is what I run in mine. It will be loose but not so loose that it will come off the pulleys.

I had this same issue with steering until I went completely through the steering and evened everything out. Mine is currently setup in such a way that I may be off 5 clicks to the right on subtrim and I am at 70% EPA on left and right. You just need to get the steering centered more from the start or you will experience this issue. The link between the servo and steering rack is an adjustment as well. It just does not say that really in the book.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:44 PM   #5486
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,548
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

My LHS just called me and said the Type R's are on backorder with Horizon. December is the tentative date if they become available again. Weird
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:46 PM   #5487
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Uh oh. :-(
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:48 PM   #5488
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Horizon's site is doing that weird thing where it says it's out of stock, but you can still add it to your cart. I think they've got issues keeping their web site in sync with the inventory for multiple warehouses. Anyway, it still says they're being shipped out of the California warehouse.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 12:59 PM   #5489
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,548
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Horizon's site is doing that weird thing where it says it's out of stock, but you can still add it to your cart. I think they've got issues keeping their web site in sync with the inventory for multiple warehouses. Anyway, it still says they're being shipped out of the California warehouse.
He doesn't order online. He was working with his Horizon sales person. Per my LHS neither location has them. Just seemed really odd. Maybe it is just a system error.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 01:17 PM   #5490
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
He doesn't order online. He was working with his Horizon sales person. Per my LHS neither location has them. Just seemed really odd. Maybe it is just a system error.
I did notice they're out of one-ways. :-( I grabbed two from Stormer just to be safe.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:37 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0