R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-27-2007, 11:03 PM   #5296
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussB View Post
but not so tight as to strip out the threads in the outdrive or snap the screw.
I figured that would go without saying, but if he was confused before, that may not be a bad thing to tell him.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 07:30 AM   #5297
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks a lot guys, its crystal clear
odoylrulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:24 PM   #5298
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default just purchased a Type R kit and.....

Hello, I have recently received the type R kit and have discovered that a part is missing. I am in the process of building the shocks and the part A5319 aka shock adjuster nut is missing on one of the shock bodies.

I have contacted the seller RC-mushroom as this is where I bought it from and I am waiting for a response. Just wanted to know if RCmushroom won't be willing to replace the missing part from the kit, do I have other options?

Your comments/advice would be appreciated.

By the way, I can't wait to get this car on the carpet!! My very first 1/10 scale car as I am new to the hobby.
Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:43 PM   #5299
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default part missing A5319

In my last message I stated that I am building my newly received Type R kit and discovered the missing shock adjuster nut. In a period of 10 minutes while typing my previous post, I received an email from RC mushroom stating that they will replace the missing part.

I must say that I am very impressed and wanted to let everyone know about the service. I know that I have to wait for the part, but dealing with them has been a great experience. For those who question buying from them, don't because their customer service is excellent.

So for those, who are thinking of responding to my post it is not needed. All that I can say is that I am a proud owner of the Type R and can't wait to compete against others at my local club where 95% of the members race the 007. I was thinking of buying this kit, but decided to go with the Type R.

Seeing how Dumas did at the birds, the kit has lots of potential!!
Facebook: CARCAR
MaxRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:22 PM   #5300
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I ran rubber tire tonight, and it wasn't bad, though I fought with keeping the rear end from stepping out on corner exit.

Anyway, I must have popped off every ball cup on the car tonight on the slightest of taps. I never, ever lost one with foams, but something about rubber tires does them in. What have you guys done to combat this? Other brands of ball cups?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 10:59 PM   #5301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
What have you guys done to combat this? Other brands of ball cups?
Don't tap anything!! I used to have the same issue on the old car but I have not noticed it on this one yet. I used to pop the rear ballcups on the old car but found out the the ball heads on the shock tower were shot and once I replaced those I did not have an issue again. I would have thought the new open ones would not be that bad, but I guess they can pop as well.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 11:25 PM   #5302
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to flameoutgarrett

Quote:
I ran rubber tire tonight, and it wasn't bad, though I fought with keeping the rear end from stepping out on corner exit.

Anyway, I must have popped off every ball cup on the car tonight on the slightest of taps. I never, ever lost one with foams, but something about rubber tires does them in. What have you guys done to combat this? Other brands of ball cups?
i had the same problem, i used the short losi ballcups, and havent had a problem with them, they are tight too. but cant remember the part number

dumas should have won that birds....i was at the corner he stuffed it on, he just kept gettin closer and closer, it was a tough one...his car was amazing
Old 08-28-2007, 11:44 PM   #5303
Tech Lord

I replaced all the ball cups that I normally pop off for maintenance (shock tower in rear, hubs in front) and that seemed to remedy it somewhat. I'll have to give it some more time and see how it goes. Thanks for the suggestions. It's good to know I'm not alone.

The one-way not spinning evenly from side to side didn't seem to matter. The car stayed straight off-power, which is where I thought I might notice it. I just had a heck of a time keeping the rear end planted, even with 10.5lb springs. I've got a lot of things to work with though.

I know the car likes 3 degrees of to in the rear with foams, but what about rubbers? I went from 2 to 3 and it seemed like the car wanted to square up too fast.
Old 08-29-2007, 12:36 AM   #5304
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

i was running 3 degree rear toe on my car (rubber asphalt). i actually went to 2 degree when we started running night races. when the track is hot i'll go back to 3 degree, but on a cooler track with a bit more bite, 2 was the ticket.

have you tried the 1/2 degree rear blocks? might be a happy medium...
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 02:53 AM   #5305
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to Grindog001

what do you uses to color the pulleys? does it have an effect on inreased drag etc? thanks, john

Quote:
Originally Posted by J@UNE View Post
Here is my rubber ready JRXS Type-Red

Jon Gagnon
Grindog001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:51 AM   #5306
Tech Regular

Grindey!

I tried dying the white pulleys on my JRXS once, just could not get the dye to stick. I'm glad Losi released the R pulleys in black, hides the dirt.

Your old Losi did well at the weekend Bq'd and finished second at the BTCC at Wrexham.

You at Stafford on thur? Martin and I are making an appearance.
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:08 AM   #5307
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grindog001 View Post
what do you uses to color the pulleys? does it have an effect on inreased drag etc? thanks, john
I used some clothes dying powder. Did a nice job on the Rpm cups and xxx-s pulleys. Dont know about drag, so far its free
J@UNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 07:27 AM   #5308
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Rubber on carpet? What tires? I had that problem for a while, and since I've changed the setup, its been dialled! (for myself) My setup is posted on the page before.
Proudly Sponsored by Stanbridges Hobbies
Serpent S411
jrxs-r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:00 AM   #5309
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
I just had a heck of a time keeping the rear end planted, even with 10.5lb springs. I've got a lot of things to work with though.
I was having the same handling issue, although for different circumstances. Screff and Fairtrace were helping my setup that day and suggested running stiffer springs to put more load on the rear tires under acceleration. It worked like a charm!
Greg Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 09:05 AM   #5310
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrxs-r View Post
Rubber on carpet? What tires? I had that problem for a while, and since I've changed the setup, its been dialled! (for myself) My setup is posted on the page before.
I'm using CS27's on the rug. The layout was green, but it seemed looser than other cars.

I haven't tried those half degree blocks. I did lower the rear roll center back to stock and increase camber from one degree to two, and removed the rear sway. I got more traction at that end but didn't like the feel. I prefer the sway at least, it felt more stable overall. I'll do some more testing this week and continue to work on it. I had limited time since I was off the track replacing ball cups all night. :-)