R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-01-2006, 11:39 PM   #481
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think there's two points that are funny in all this debate.

1. Every time a new car comes out. It doesn't matter if it's a Losi, Schumacher, AE, Xray, whatever, People will come on here who have never driven that car, never even seen one in person, and judge it. "That things a hunk" "It's going to suck on the track" "it's nothing but a ****** *** with blue parts" etc... No one but the factory guys have driven this car. It may not suit everyones driving style and some won't like it. It's that way with any car. But no one can pass judgment on a car that they've never even seen.

2. There are a lot of cars out there that look alike right now. And this (I'll admit and I doubt Todd or any of the Losi guys will deny) has a lot of the same ideas that the PRO3 had before it. But speed is in the details. I seriously doubt that the PRO3's suspension geometry, chassis flex characteristics (as someone pointed out it was as stiff as a wet noodle (I like that one )) steering geometry, or much else other than the center battery and rear motor, match the Losi car. Hell, even the location of all the electronics is different, so weight distribution is going to be different. All these little things add up to that extra couple of tenths here and there.

The last few tenths are the hardest ones to get out of a car. That's where the details come in.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:42 PM   #482
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinggoy
is that really a xxx-s cf? . or just another car. or just an illusion.?
I think that was a car from Japan. Tech Racing maybe? I can't remember the company name. I know it wasn't really popular out here. I never saw one other than on the net.
Jon Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:45 PM   #483
Tech Elite

I think it was a Sigma? I have seen it before but do not know much about it.

Pooky would like to order 2 belts on his sedan please!! Thank You!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 12:08 AM   #484
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 113 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I think there's two points that are funny in all this debate.

1. Every time a new car comes out. It doesn't matter if it's a Losi, Schumacher, AE, Xray, whatever, People will come on here who have never driven that car, never even seen one in person, and judge it. "That things a hunk" "It's going to suck on the track" "it's nothing but a ****** *** with blue parts" etc... No one but the factory guys have driven this car. It may not suit everyones driving style and some won't like it. It's that way with any car. But no one can pass judgment on a car that they've never even seen.

2. There are a lot of cars out there that look alike right now. And this (I'll admit and I doubt Todd or any of the Losi guys will deny) has a lot of the same ideas that the PRO3 had before it. But speed is in the details. I seriously doubt that the PRO3's suspension geometry, chassis flex characteristics (as someone pointed out it was as stiff as a wet noodle (I like that one )) steering geometry, or much else other than the center battery and rear motor, match the Losi car. Hell, even the location of all the electronics is different, so weight distribution is going to be different. All these little things add up to that extra couple of tenths here and there.

The last few tenths are the hardest ones to get out of a car. That's where the details come in.
I agree %100.... too bad though alot of knuckleheads out there are always shooting for the "tech-thread Tough-Guy award". Hey look! my pee goes farther than yours! . On another note this car looks better (imo) than the previous car and I bet it's going to do very well on the track.

Powered by Hotwings, Rolling Rock, and the urge to race toy cars...
nf_ekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:09 AM   #485
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Numan
Ok maybe im a retard for not knowing this but what car is that?
According to the image, it's a Kawda Sigma 2 Limited Blue Aluminum Shizuoka Edition.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:57 AM   #486
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
According to the image, it's a Kawda Sigma 2 Limited Blue Aluminum Shizuoka Edition.
yep, syndr0me is correct.. and good news for CF xxx-s fans its not an illusion, http://www.kawadamodel.co.jp Kawada SV-10 Sigma, now sell as drift chassis,
I believe xxx-s yatabe proto may impress them much (one-belt drive system) as (maybe) Losi inspired by pro3 then built far better (perfectly balanced+Rear Motor) car.

anyway, I already have new novak BL standby in my workshop waiting for plugged into jrxs-r
Faiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:45 AM   #487
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze
yeah well keep choking on my words and keyboard skills and i hope you choke on the drivers stand every time you get passed by a LOSI.
If you dont like the hype about this car read another thread you MORON
It's not that I dont likethe car, its the hype you guys push into it! DUNCE

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 02:48 AM   #488
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Geeze!!!! Who left the toilet seat up and let this turd float to the top????

Man if you don't like this car then go to another thread. Why be a hater???
Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT

Brant
Lookie here bottom feeder, in case you havent (or cant) read, it isnt the fact I dont like the vehicle. It's the frenzy you bozos are putting into it....like Losi is gonna bless you with a free car if you keep sucking them off! The car is a rip off of Yokomo and HPI, two loser designs. Center mounted cells are best suited for 1/10th scale buggies and when this car crashes and burns, we will see you like this....

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 03:18 AM   #489
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to FlyinRazorback Send a message via Yahoo to FlyinRazorback

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
[B]

Lookie here bottom feeder, in case you havent (or cant) read, it isnt the fact I dont like the vehicle. It's the frenzy you bozos are putting into it....like Losi is gonna bless you with a free car if you keep sucking them off! The car is a rip off of Yokomo and HPI, two loser designs. Center mounted cells are best suited for 1/10th scale buggies and when this car crashes and burns, we will see you like this....
Brant's far from a bottom feeder, I assure you. Just take the bs elsewhere is what everyone is trying to say. You don't have to buy the car for these guys, so what is it to you if it fails miserably (which I doubt it will.) What you have to realize is that there are diehard guys who support "X" company and of course they will get excited when a new design comes out. Nobody really cares for a$$holes going around $hitting on people's threads.
Old 09-02-2006, 05:12 AM   #490
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Nice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faiz
stop day dreaming buddy, just buy this XXX-S clone WITH CF CHASSIS, ..single belt served with aluminum bulkhead on CF plate..

it should be enough for your appetite of CF version of XXX-S...
It's not a complete Losi, but it's more appealing to me. Who makes it? It just needs HPI Pro 4 arms, two peice bulkheads and a Xray T2 upper deck knock off. Could you imagine the rip? Oh...one can dream. lol. Enough...I'm out. Good luck with the new car and I'm looking forward to hearing about track results.

Last edited by RCknight; 09-02-2006 at 05:31 AM.
RCknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 06:05 AM   #491
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey pitbull i dont know you but why the way you talk you sound like a fu**ing retard that bags every new car that gets released.... Why dont you get a life and stop giving shit to companys that just realesed new cars, even though designs are sometimes similar THEY ARE NOT THE EXACT SAME.

If you think ur soo good then why dont you go and design a bloody car and race it see how it goes, and i bet these "these same pro 3 cars" tamiya 415 msx, corally, xray , cyclone etc beat you!

If you dont like a friggen car tell someone who cares retard because i bet not one person on this entire forum agrees with you! If there is someone that agrees with this retard plz step foward.

Husky
jamie814340 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:01 AM   #492
Tech Elite

Quote:
[B]

Man listen. Hype is when people or a company are going out and promoting something. Most of us in this thread are just totaly excited about this new design. If it were hype then you would see us on OTHER threads promoting this car. All were are asking is that you don't come in here and start bringing everybody down. The fact is that the XXXS was a great car. The JRXS is a great car and IS faster than a XXXS. The JRXS Type R WILL be a faster car than the current car once we all get used to it. In my entire 18 years of RC I have NEVER seen any chassis manufacturer release a new car that was not a better design than their previous offering. So please don't come in here and crap in our sandbox!

Razorback--- I can feel you being drawn into the Losi Force my brother!!!

Brant

Old 09-02-2006, 07:03 AM   #493
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

After everything that bxpitbull has had to say about the JRXS-R, I don't think I want one now. jk
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 07:31 AM   #494
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
After everything that bxpitbull has had to say about the JRXS-R, I don't think I want one now. jk

LMAO !!!!!

Brant

Old 09-02-2006, 08:13 AM   #495
Tech Adept

Quote:
It's not that I dont likethe car, its the hype you guys push into it! DUNCE
Where do you race in New York?
automator is offline   Reply With Quote