R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-05-2007, 10:34 AM   #4351
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardo View Post
where i can find typeR spare parts? at cheap price i mean!!
Thanks
http://www.losipartshouse.com/servle...e-R/Categories
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:34 PM   #4352
Tech Regular
 
GCracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Socal folks setup for bending corners asphalt?

Thinking about running at bending corners this wkend.....Will be running the stock TC class.

I was checking the BC thread and note that I can only run RP30s, currently still have Sorex 36Rs with thin/firm insert, what insert should I get for RP30s?

I ordered my 41 spool today hopefully have it on friday any changes recommended from going stock diff to spool?

THnx
GCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #4353
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCracker View Post
Thinking about running at bending corners this wkend.....Will be running the stock TC class.

I was checking the BC thread and note that I can only run RP30s, currently still have Sorex 36Rs with thin/firm insert, what insert should I get for RP30s?

I ordered my 41 spool today hopefully have it on friday any changes recommended from going stock diff to spool?

THnx
i would get the RP30's premount they are great also start with the todds set up from the manual its pretty good
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:40 PM   #4354
Tech Regular
 
GCracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
i would get the RP30's premount they are great also start with the todds set up from the manual its pretty good
DAMN MARCOS U IS FAST
GCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:43 PM   #4355
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCracker View Post
DAMN MARCOS U IS FAST
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:58 PM   #4356
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 2,487
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCracker View Post
Thinking about running at bending corners this wkend.....Will be running the stock TC class.

I was checking the BC thread and note that I can only run RP30s, currently still have Sorex 36Rs with thin/firm insert, what insert should I get for RP30s?

I ordered my 41 spool today hopefully have it on friday any changes recommended from going stock diff to spool?

THnx
You may want to email Raffell at BendingCOrners...I think that RP30 rule was changed. I think you can run whatever tires you want now
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:28 PM   #4357
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,262
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

The RP30 tires are no longer required for the carpet track, and the asphalt track did not have a tire rule.

GCRACKER if you have your Sorex36R with the Yokomo inserts you'll be fine.
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:30 PM   #4358
Tech Regular
 
GCracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
The RP30 tires are no longer required for the carpet track, and the asphalt track did not have a tire rule.

GCRACKER if you have your Sorex36R with the Yokomo inserts you'll be fine.
GCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 04:31 PM   #4359
Tech Regular
 
GCracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 340
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron View Post
The RP30 tires are no longer required for the carpet track, and the asphalt track did not have a tire rule.

GCRACKER if you have your Sorex36R with the Yokomo inserts you'll be fine.
I ordered a 41 spool that will hopefully be here friday, are there any adjustments I have to make from regular diff?
GCracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #4360
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCracker View Post
I ordered a 41 spool that will hopefully be here friday, are there any adjustments I have to make from regular diff?
No man just take the regular pulley out with the balls and all and then put the spool pulley in its place. Tighten down the spool just like you did the diff but make sure it gets tight. Good luck

Brant
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:42 PM   #4361
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: astoria, NY
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

ok fixed my leaky shocks. it was so easy to miss it, after pookyt's comment i looked even harder at the diagram. and he was right, the little fat o ring does not go on the black thingy, it went inside the shock body itself and then the little black thingy pushes up against it even more. i was wondering why when i was moving the shock shaft that i would collect air from the bottom, oh well. arggg, feel happy that i got it fixed but yet at the same time feel stupid i missed it. thanks again pookyt and who ever responded to my question.
cheech4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:39 PM   #4362
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Rob, your little minions (CRASH) were out in force tonight, bugging me about not trying your setup yet. I need to do something, the traction with the sprayed track has screwed me. The setup I'm using isn't behaving nearly as well as it did with lower traction.

The new arms are definitely the real thing. I've got about 8 packs of the old arms sitting here that I'm not keen on using. Is there a good local charity I should donate them to? :-)
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 11:47 PM   #4363
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,548
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Rob, your little minions (CRASH) were out in force tonight, bugging me about not trying your setup yet. I need to do something, the traction with the sprayed track has screwed me. The setup I'm using isn't behaving nearly as well as it did with lower traction.

The new arms are definitely the real thing. I've got about 8 packs of the old arms sitting here that I'm not keen on using. Is there a good local charity I should donate them to? :-)
LOL. Where do you guys race at? If you want to work with your current set up and need some pointers let me know. I will try to help out.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #4364
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,048
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
LOL. Where do you guys race at? If you want to work with your current set up and need some pointers let me know. I will try to help out.
Fastlane in Kansas City. Medium indoor carpet with a lot of traction when we spray it. I'm basically running the kit setup with 6 degree hubs, regular camber links and 25lb. rear springs. I've got the parts coming to give yours a shot, and hopefully will finish remodeling my damn garage soon so I have a place to do the work. :-)

The car wants to push on corner exit, and feels like it's scrubbing speed around every turn. I'm running the typical magenta/cyan combination with regular wheels, and sometimes with GQ tires when I'm feeling cheap, and don't feel much difference between them. The Pro 53's didn't work out so well for me, though that's no doubt because I used magenta all the way around without a proper setup. I've got a bunch laying around I need to cut down so I can try them a little more readily with other setups.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2007, 01:00 AM   #4365
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 3,548
Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me View Post
Fastlane in Kansas City. Medium indoor carpet with a lot of traction when we spray it. I'm basically running the kit setup with 6 degree hubs, regular camber links and 25lb. rear springs. I've got the parts coming to give yours a shot, and hopefully will finish remodeling my damn garage soon so I have a place to do the work. :-)

The car wants to push on corner exit, and feels like it's scrubbing speed around every turn. I'm running the typical magenta/cyan combination with regular wheels, and sometimes with GQ tires when I'm feeling cheap, and don't feel much difference between them. The Pro 53's didn't work out so well for me, though that's no doubt because I used magenta all the way around without a proper setup. I've got a bunch laying around I need to cut down so I can try them a little more readily with other setups.
Something quick and easy to try with the parts you already have. Go softer on that rear spring (at least 20). Actually try the 25lb in the front and the kit 17.5lb in the rear. Move your rear camber link position to 5A (middle row/middle hole and inside on hub). Run your droop about .5mm above ride height in the front and 1.5mm above ride height in the rear.

U guys race with Bill Sydor? I met him at the 04 Snowbirds. Good guy! Tell him I said hello.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:46 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0