R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-04-2007, 11:53 AM   #4336
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove View Post
I believe the internal changes to 1.80 or a 1.81. Very minimal.
Think you will find its 1.78 I think
SORRY JUST REALISED THAT RATIO IS WHEN YOU HAVE 41 PULLEY TO THE FRONT AND REAR OF THE CAR, WHICH GAVE A LITTLT MORE EXCELLORATION THAN THE 42 ALL ROUND

Last edited by TheCoolCanFanMan; 06-04-2007 at 12:51 PM.
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 03:56 PM   #4337
Tech Regular
 
JRXS_chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Manchester, England
Posts: 386
Default

Quite oddly I have found that Low Roll Centre up front works really well on carpet with rubbers! Hmm!
JRXS_chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 04:04 PM   #4338
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: astoria, NY
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

i know this is the type R thread but my question involves the shocks which are the same for both type R and the regular jrxs. ok i just purchased a used but in excellent condition Jrxs. when i received it it arrived with the xxxs shocks. i have since then purchased the jrxs shocks and built them. but im running into a problem, i dont know if i doing something wrong. i followed the building of shocks instructions as perfect as possible BUT i getting shocks that leak.. i ran into 1 delemma that were in the instruction... it was he picture of the shock body o ring, not the o ring that gets installed in the spring nut that gives tension to the springs.. the shock body o ring, i dont know if that was to be placed on the shock body itself where the end cap goes or if it supposed to be placed inside the end cap? at first i put it on the shock body but then looking at the pictures i wasnt sure if it was supposed to be placed in the shock end cap.. well i tried to put one in there and it was a reall pain in the butt. so after much sweating i decided to put that shock body o ring on the shock body it self. please help if anyone knows what im doing wrong please tell me. if theres something else to buy or recommend to do, please let me know thanks.
cheech4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 05:24 PM   #4339
Tech Regular
 
Capelracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Bunbury, West Oz
Posts: 299
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT View Post
Russ--I was telling Yeti last night that with the '06 Nats set-up my car felt just like my JRXS with the Numan set-up except it was way faster around the corners. ...
Brant
Refresh my memory, which setup was this one?? Cheers...
Capelracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:12 PM   #4340
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

cheech4--

Large white O-ring goes on shock body at base of threads for the cap. Smaller thin white O-ring goes on bottom of shock body where the lower cap threads touch the shock body. One of my guys built his shocks and got confused on the instructions and he ended up putting the shaft O-ring around the little plastic spacer instead of pushing the spacer against the O-ring. Let me know if this helps.

Brant
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 06:26 PM   #4341
Tech Master
 
Kropy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: In a van down by the river
Posts: 1,763
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy
Default

Pook ~ Check your email
__________________
Dale "Kropy" Kropaczewski
Kolors by Kropy
Postman, Save a spot on the stand for me
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:32 PM   #4342
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: astoria, NY
Posts: 233
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT View Post
cheech4--

Large white O-ring goes on shock body at base of threads for the cap. Smaller thin white O-ring goes on bottom of shock body where the lower cap threads touch the shock body. One of my guys built his shocks and got confused on the instructions and he ended up putting the shaft O-ring around the little plastic spacer instead of pushing the spacer against the O-ring. Let me know if this helps.

Brant
no thats how i have it, the smaller thin shaft o ring is on the shock shaft at the end of the threads where the end cap fully closes. the small fat one is in the black thingy, the large black o ring in the nut ring. i filled up the oil to about 1/16 inch from the top. moved the shaft and then let the air out, but i noticed though when i did it alittle faster it seems that the air would come from the bottom. then i tightened the top cap alittle pushed the shaft in to let it bleed then tightenend it all the way. but whenever i move it back and forth it still bleeds. maybe its just to much oil in it.. it has some rebound and its fairly easy to push it. i dont know. im going to contact losi 2 moro.
cheech4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:46 PM   #4343
Tech Champion
 
ROBORAT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: JP Raceway
Posts: 5,360
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan View Post
Think you will find its 1.78 I think
SORRY JUST REALISED THAT RATIO IS WHEN YOU HAVE 41 PULLEY TO THE FRONT AND REAR OF THE CAR, WHICH GAVE A LITTLT MORE EXCELLORATION THAN THE 42 ALL ROUND
thanks cool can! i know it's a rather significant jump in internal ratio when you change one pulley to 41t. i just cant seem to remember exactly what it will change to from the 1.83 when using 42t front and rear. but i think its close to the 1.78 you are quoting .

if it changes from 1.83 to 1.78 then that would mean a 128/27 spur/pinion combo would change my fdr from 8.68 to 8.44 ... i think thats significant. ... maybe todd could shed some light.

todd: help?
__________________
[YOKOMO BD7][REEDY RACING][TEAM ORION]
[Sanwa][LRP][Protoform]

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 07:47 PM   #4344
aca
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Clinton,ms
Posts: 43
Default

Can anyone tell me where I can find the '06 Nats setup.

Thanks Allen
aca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #4345
Tech Master
 
STARSCREAM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Seattle
Posts: 1,351
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aca View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can find the '06 Nats setup.

Thanks Allen
maybe I shouldnt...EDIT!!!
__________________
Sean Maybell

Team Associated/Reedy/LRP

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 06-04-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: finally growing up a little
STARSCREAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2007, 09:18 PM   #4346
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Capelracer and ACA--Todd emailed me the set-up but when I try to downlaod it in here its too big and I don't know how to make it smaller. If anybody wants the set-up then send me and email at btomlins@suddenlink.net
and I will send it to you. Sorry for the lack of computer skillz guys!

On the set-up I made a few changes to my car. I am running 40 in front and 35 in rear. 12.5's in the rear for springs and still using the Jr. link. Plus I was running all 4 shocks in the outer most holes. Start with the set-up and then make your own changes because the car was pretty darn good with it as a base line.

Brant
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:47 AM   #4347
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: New Plymouth, New Zealand
Posts: 10
Send a message via MSN to missionhockey33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheech4 View Post
no thats how i have it, the smaller thin shaft o ring is on the shock shaft at the end of the threads where the end cap fully closes. the small fat one is in the black thingy, the large black o ring in the nut ring. i filled up the oil to about 1/16 inch from the top. moved the shaft and then let the air out, but i noticed though when i did it alittle faster it seems that the air would come from the bottom. then i tightened the top cap alittle pushed the shaft in to let it bleed then tightenend it all the way. but whenever i move it back and forth it still bleeds. maybe its just to much oil in it.. it has some rebound and its fairly easy to push it. i dont know. im going to contact losi 2 moro.
maybe try 2 white o-rings on the bottom of the shock body.
missionhockey33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 06:23 AM   #4348
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: England
Posts: 417
Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT View Post
thanks cool can! i know it's a rather significant jump in internal ratio when you change one pulley to 41t. i just cant seem to remember exactly what it will change to from the 1.83 when using 42t front and rear. but i think its close to the 1.78 you are quoting .

if it changes from 1.83 to 1.78 then that would mean a 128/27 spur/pinion combo would change my fdr from 8.68 to 8.44 ... i think thats significant. ... maybe todd could shed some light.

todd: help?
Using the 42t pulleys gives an internal ratio of 1.83. Changing to a 41t in the front gives 1.78 at THAT END of the car - average of the two is 1.80 - although I would still use 1.83 as your IR - basically each end of the car will have a different IR so you will have 2 final drives.
__________________
Oli Meggitt | London, UK
.:. Essex Winter Series .:. CML Racing .:. ToniSport .:. Zen Racing .:. Moorespeed RC .:. OTM Racing .:. RC Racing TV .:. RIDE R/C Scoreboards
Bigger Brother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 AM   #4349
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Posts: 1,746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aca View Post
Can anyone tell me where I can find the '06 Nats setup.

Thanks Allen

....
Attached Files
File Type: pdf TypeR SWROARNats06.pdf (196.5 KB, 137 views)
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:31 AM   #4350
Tech Initiate
 
riccardo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: italy
Posts: 23
Send a message via MSN to riccardo
Default

where i can find typeR spare parts? at cheap price i mean!!
Thanks
riccardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 05:00 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0