R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 08-31-2006, 07:01 PM   #421
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

it looks like the two standoffs towards the rear of the car are used to mount the battery tray in as well though.
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:28 PM   #422
Tech Elite

Just think about it a moment. the standoffs are at an angle so they will resist torsional loads much more efficiently than a vertical standoff. Just like X braces on a full scale chassis or on bridges. Way to think outside the box guys!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2006, 07:34 PM   #423
Tech Elite

I just noticed the flanged looking axel nuts. What gives??? New metric axels or just cool nuts??? ( yea-I said cool nuts! )

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 01:55 AM   #424
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Mmmmmm

me likes

Are there any real pre-production pics getting round yet or do we have to just drool over the CAD drawings for a while longer???

It's an awful lot of dollars (Aussie) for a new car though... but I can probably justify it.
$$$... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 02:26 AM   #425
Tech Fanatic

I see that news of the Losi JRXS Type-R made the RC Tech website crash!!!!
Old 09-01-2006, 02:31 AM   #426
Tech Adept

you guys sure know how to make a guy drool but i need more
gime gime gime
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 08:23 AM   #427
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I had a car that looked like that once, I think HPI made it
drew85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 09:52 AM   #428
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by drew85
why the hate? afraid of something different from the Tamiya/Xray/Yokomo/AE/Corally/Schumacher/Hotbodies/etc. clone?
Serpent S411 LE kit #192
RCTech #361
Matt Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:07 AM   #429
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:

How's that Hater-Aid taste? Drink up
Old 09-01-2006, 11:13 AM   #430
Tech Master

Quote:
I said something similar elsewhere:

09-01-2006, 01:03 PM
bxpitbull
Member Join Date: 06-22-2004

All that is a Pro 3 that has the batteries mounted through the bottom. All of those fancy descriptions and definitions about what the car is capable of is smoke and mirrors. I had a hopped to the teeth Pro 3, carbon fibered out and it looked alot like that car right there. The diffs sucked, handling was a nightmare and it was fragile as all outdoors. I doubt highly that this car will differ. I say, bring back the XXX-S!

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #431
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Howard
why the hate? afraid of something different from the Tamiya/Xray/Yokomo/AE/Corally/Schumacher/Hotbodies/etc. clone?
Yokomo had a center batter car not that long ago as did HPI with the Pro 3. Novel idea, but.......So for all of you cats acting like this car is the best thing to come since the TC3 and shaft drive hit the scene, stop! Look! LISTEN! The car is gonna crash and burn likes the car before it. Batteries from the bottom? How is that revolutinzing anything? The car is hideous and when manufactures pump up products like they are groundbreaking and earth-shattering (Team Orion WASP influx), the product usually is a flop.

I gear to run and win, not to THERMAL!
bxpitbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2006, 11:21 AM   #432
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to PitNamedGordie Send a message via Yahoo to PitNamedGordie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bxpitbull
Yokomo had a center batter car not that long ago as did HPI with the Pro 3. Novel idea, but.......So for all of you cats acting like this car is the best thing to come since the TC3 and shaft drive hit the scene, stop! Look! LISTEN! The car is gonna crash and burn likes the car before it. Batteries from the bottom? How is that revolutinzing anything? The car is hideous and when manufactures pump up products like they are groundbreaking and earth-shattering (Team Orion WASP influx), the product usually is a flop.

Sure...ok...then don't buy one.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:30 AM   #433
Tech Fanatic

You're not required to buy/believe anything posted on these forums.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:34 AM   #434
Tech Master

Quote:
People are free to have opinions and I welcome that. I have to say I have owned a half dozen cars in that last 4-5 years. I really like my JRXS and I will buy the Type R. As far as the "hype" they have given the car, well I hope as a business they would...they have to create customer buzz...keep current customers and build on that base. They have given us a lot of views of their prototype car, which we have all commented on. They have shared there design ideas, and have listened to our feedback. Then they produced a car that their customers want to buy. Sounds like a solid business development plan to me. They have done a great job of putting the idea of this car out to the public...they've been selling...and I'm sold. They, as with any company, will have to continue to improve and develop their car or their customers will go elsewhere. Todd and all the Losi people who post here seem to have genuine interest in giving us a good product...unless that changes, I will always look to buy Losi.
Old 09-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #435
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to BSchorr Send a message via Yahoo to BSchorr Send a message via Skype™ to BSchorr

Quote:
Guess we will watch it when it kicks ur @$$ on the track....??

Why try to flame this new car, your just going to get burned hardcore for it in the end. lol

pft!!