R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-31-2007, 07:21 PM   #4246
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggles Paesan
Thanks, so it is just the fronts that are compatible and not the rears?
well those are short arms i know the fronts are compatible i got the rears too but not in the car yet but they look like they will work just fine , ill know more on sunday im going to try out short arms front and rear
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:47 PM   #4247
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcarmchl
can someone that is running a 6-cell pack post a picture of how they are doing their packs?
i found this one on the forsale thread they are fred perkins picture on the batteries on his type r i hope it helps

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...hmentid=234706
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:50 PM   #4248
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goggles Paesan
Well I know this came up before, I even ran a search and found nothing. My question is, what arms from the JRXS are compatible with the Type R fronts and rears? Also part #'s please.
LOSA9861 Rear arms (short)
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:50 PM   #4249
Tech Adept
 
losi nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Parkton (just south of Fayetteville), NC
Posts: 185
Default

Goggles, yes, front and rear arms work, just use the outside hinge pin holes in the mounting blocks, I've used them on mine
losi nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:54 PM   #4250
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi nut
Goggles, yes, front and rear arms work, just use the outside hinge pin holes in the mounting blocks, I've used them on mine
also if you use the short front arms you will not be able to use the #1 shock position on the front shock tower it will rub against the front pulley
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:06 PM   #4251
Tech Adept
 
losi nut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Parkton (just south of Fayetteville), NC
Posts: 185
Default

Mine clear just fine
Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS Type-R-im001428.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-im001427.jpg  
losi nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 08:17 PM   #4252
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi nut
Mine clear just fine
well i got a fluke then because with the LOSA9739 mine hit but im running the front diff high maybe if i run it low it will clear
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:19 PM   #4253
Tech Addict
 
RussB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 736
Send a message via MSN to RussB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
well i got a fluke then because with the LOSA9739 mine hit but im running the front diff high maybe if i run it low it will clear
i think that's what the difference is.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:50 PM   #4254
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by losi nut
Mine clear just fine

Dude!!!! Man!!!!! Get a brush and dust that thing off! Thats like sedan abuse I think. LMAO J/K

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:58 PM   #4255
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,788
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
Just as Russ stated.....I have been running mine for about a month or so. The Speedworld cup will be the next time I actually hit the track. I'll be running mine in mod.

cool, i will be running my moore speed, but i wanta see ow these are going and im shure i will buy one, or get a novak bl system for my wce, idk

are they as good as they look? what did u guys to to get them to run good at srw? sway bars, spool or oneway, and springs?
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:58 PM   #4256
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Here is the setup I ended up with at the Reedy Race.
Todd--Are you running the 8800 instead of the 9000 because its smaller or is there another reason? Just curious.

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:08 PM   #4257
Tech Addict
 
RussB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 736
Send a message via MSN to RussB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
cool, i will be running my moore speed, but i wanta see ow these are going and im shure i will buy one, or get a novak bl system for my wce, idk

are they as good as they look? what did u guys to to get them to run good at srw? sway bars, spool or oneway, and springs?
spend your monies on track time and keeping good tires on your car. practice practice practice. you looked pretty ok for your first race day. keep at it with what you've got and THEN go big. you've already got stuff capable of winning races, track time is by far the most important thing you can buy right now. oh, and take that carbon fiber sticker stuff off your motor can, it can't be helping with temps...

seriously though, practice as much as you possibly can. you're at a stage right now where developing your abilities and skills are far more important than chassis. and then, when you start winning races and get bumped out of novice, upgrade to a real car like a jrxs-r
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:31 PM   #4258
TLRacing
 
Todd Hodge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: California
Posts: 1,676
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
Todd--Are you running the 8800 instead of the 9000 because its smaller or is there another reason? Just curious.

Brant
I think the 9000S is bit of an over kill for steering on a TC. Now on a 1.8th Offroad car I can see using it. The 8800S has always been great.
__________________
Todd Hodge
Category Development Manager for Losi and Team Losi Racing
Losi and Team Losi Racing, brands of Horizon Hobby
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:34 PM   #4259
Tech Elite
 
BlackedOutREVO's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: CA
Posts: 3,788
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussB
spend your monies on track time and keeping good tires on your car. practice practice practice. you looked pretty ok for your first race day. keep at it with what you've got and THEN go big. you've already got stuff capable of winning races, track time is by far the most important thing you can buy right now. oh, and take that carbon fiber sticker stuff off your motor can, it can't be helping with temps...

seriously though, practice as much as you possibly can. you're at a stage right now where developing your abilities and skills are far more important than chassis. and then, when you start winning races and get bumped out of novice, upgrade to a real car like a jrxs-r

im shure i will end up doing that as i did, i was goin to get a 18r.... went to ib's and all

and at fri nit i did better imo, i stayed on the track pretty well and got the batts a lil more cycled so it was fun

and booo lol it looks good, will it really heat up the motor much? that why shes running hot? lol

and i know, i will i cant wait for races to come! lol i get soooo ancy =P hehe

but thanks
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2007, 12:09 AM   #4260
Tech Addict
 
RussB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sacramento
Posts: 736
Send a message via MSN to RussB
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
and booo lol it looks good, will it really heat up the motor much? that why shes running hot? lol
it's not helping the motor run cool, that's for sure. if the motor isn't burning up and doesn't die off in power at the end of the race, it's probably fine.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 09:33 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0