R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-30-2007, 09:46 AM   #4216
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Is it just me, or are NiMh packs with any type of connector or battery bar a REALLY tough fit in this car?

My plan is to run Orion Platinums 100% of the time, but on the few instances where I have to use NiMh packs, it would be nice to know that I won't have to completely re-design my electronics wire management to use them.

Any tips on an easy access to that rear battery connection without direct soldering?
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 AM   #4217
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to chicky03

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Ah, I just checked the notes I had, and it did say 20 in the rear. Damn. I'll experiment with it more in the coming weeks, and try going softer in the rear. I'm going to give Rob's setup a try, too.

I see a lot of guys using sway bars on this car for their carpet setups. Is this the only car where that happens regularly? I was under the impression that sway bars were almost never used on carpet with foams.
I personally always liked having the front swaybar and regular front camber link. I think it had the most corner speed and was the easiest to drive. If you dont have enough steering go to a softer front bar and/or springs.

If your car starts lifting have your diffs in the low position and run less camber in the front.

For stock make your turning circles 5-5.5 feet, that will make it easier to drive also.

Paul
Old 05-30-2007, 09:54 AM   #4218
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicky03
I personally always liked having the front swaybar and regular front camber link. I think it had the most corner speed and was the easiest to drive. If you dont have enough steering go to a softer front bar and/or springs.

If your car starts lifting have your diffs in the low position and run less camber in the front.

For stock make your turning circles 5-5.5 feet, that will make it easier to drive also.

Paul
Cool, thanks, I'll give it a try. By the way, the quality on the Pro 53's is outstanding. B.Sydor has been talking them up for a long time now, and I can see why.

Okay, last question. Are you guys all running your cars at 190mm? I'm thinking I may need to pick up some wider hexes to keep the track width at 190 all the way around depending on what tires I use.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 01:16 PM   #4219
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBLove
Check your PM. I sent you a set up.

Team Losi / eXpress Motorsports / KO Propo / BSR Racing Tires ??
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 02:20 PM   #4220
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee
Team Losi / eXpress Motorsports / KO Propo / BSR Racing Tires ??
Fixed
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:14 PM   #4221
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

well i read a lil bit, but how are these jrxs type r's doing?

they are cool, and i want one LOL i like building and all that, then have another car to race with would be cool

thx
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:25 PM   #4222
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Cool, thanks, I'll give it a try. By the way, the quality on the Pro 53's is outstanding. B.Sydor has been talking them up for a long time now, and I can see why.

Okay, last question. Are you guys all running your cars at 190mm? I'm thinking I may need to pick up some wider hexes to keep the track width at 190 all the way around depending on what tires I use.
I am running my car with standard hexes. This makes the front more narrow and seems to provide a bit more steering.

With the Pro53 wheels you may want to raise your roll center a bit. Run the set up I sent you with the low roll center and then raise your roll center .030 front and rear with shims and see what effect you get.

As for the sway bars. I am with Chicky. I pretty much always run a front bar and usually end up with the .04.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:34 PM   #4223
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:

Yep 53's are sweet...

I have been running the 195 front hex and 165 rear which with the 53's gives you 188ish width.
Old 05-30-2007, 07:08 PM   #4224
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Yep 53's are sweet...

I have been running the 195 front hex and 165 rear which with the 53's gives you 188ish width.

All of you "rug" racers give me a FUZZY feeling!! LMAO

Brant
Karma Director
B-Main Motorsports

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 07:15 PM   #4225
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Funy Pooky, a few guys run rubber around here also...i just ain't so fond of outdoors stuff, so i don't do it much. My car was pretty good tho when i tried it, just needed to get there it time to practice and i imagine it woulda been a bit better.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:35 PM   #4226
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Funy Pooky, a few guys run rubber around here also...i just ain't so fond of outdoors stuff, so i don't do it much. My car was pretty good tho when i tried it, just needed to get there it time to practice and i imagine it woulda been a bit better.

I hear ya! I know you can do it if you want to bad enough. Get yourself some SPF 100 though! Don't want ya to burn!

Brant
School Nurse
B-Main Motorsports

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:33 AM   #4227
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
well i read a lil bit, but how are these jrxs type r's doing?

they are cool, and i want one LOL i like building and all that, then have another car to race with would be cool

thx
I'll be running mine at the speedworld cup in a couple of weeks. You can get a good look at one then.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:20 AM   #4228
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST
I'll be running mine at the speedworld cup in a couple of weeks. You can get a good look at one then.
Hey Clint have you tried the 41t pulley in the front yet?? The car pulls alot harder out of the corner,,also I got my box of new arms in the mail today, i think Im set with arms for the next year or so
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:45 AM   #4229
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST

have u ran it yet?

hows it running?

i will have to stop by, i should be at the cup and check it out
BlackedOutREVO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 12:13 PM   #4230
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackedOutREVO
have u ran it yet?

hows it running?

i will have to stop by, i should be at the cup and check it out
me and clint have been running type-r's at swr for the past month or so. mine was working pretty darn good last race day in 19t till i tagged the same corner like 4 laps in a row.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote