Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2007, 08:19 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Advil- I was going to go bowling until I say an opening and then the next thing I know.....I got spun out. That allowed Jesseto get out clean and me playing catch up. The car was nice in the main. I had a slight push though but that's better than spinning out. As far as bodies go....the regular Mazda really fit my driving style better than the speed 6. Now I gotta go and get me two more mazda 6bodies for club racing. The speed 6 goes on the shelf for a while until I need a ton of steering.

Marcos J- I'll give your set up a try in a week or two. I won't be racing next weekend. Gotta spend time with the family.
yes family comes first!!! Im going to try the 41 t pullery in the front next weekend
Old 05-28-2007, 03:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

how did the new losi do in the Reedy Race?
Old 05-28-2007, 07:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheech4
my problem is this i bought a jrxs from someone and by mistake i didnt reconize the shock were not the original jrxs but XXXS, it was someone here, so im asking will there be a difference in performance with the XXXS shocks??
I know what car you bought, and seeing that Classified post, I had noticed that the shocks were not original (why?). I posted IN that classified thread asking if the original shocks were included, hoping to make others aware of it, but it obviously didn't work. The seller responded to me in PM and not in the thread. I guess he was trying to hide the fact that the shocks were the old ones on the car.

If you match the pistons and oil, and keep the springs from the JRXS on those shocks, you should be close, if not the same, in performance. The old XXXS shocks are nice, but NOWHERE close to the quality of the newer JRXS shocks. Fortunately, the new shocks aren't that expensive if you ever want to bring the car up to the original spec.
Old 05-28-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think you will be able to use the JRXS springs on those shocks for they are shorter and I believe smaller in diameter. He is going to have to use the XXXS springs or just relace the shocks for the ones that came with the car originally. I would choose the later.
Old 05-28-2007, 08:38 AM

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by over gear
how did the new losi do in the Reedy Race?
Terrible.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dasupacat1
Terrible.
I am going more with the drivers havin a bad time then the car bein that bad. AE did well but look at the drivers they had in that most don't run onroad full time and probably went in with no expectations and did really well. I did the samething at an offroad race the other month and was in the A in every class I entered. I don't see it as the car suckin, just the drivers havin an off day. I just have a hardtime believing the TC5 is that good, since it copies a design already out there and proven. I am not ready to dump my Type R's just to get the winning Reedy car.
Old 05-28-2007, 09:20 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
I know what car you bought, and seeing that Classified post, I had noticed that the shocks were not original (why?). I posted IN that classified thread asking if the original shocks were included, hoping to make others aware of it, but it obviously didn't work. The seller responded to me in PM and not in the thread. I guess he was trying to hide the fact that the shocks were the old ones on the car.

If you match the pistons and oil, and keep the springs from the JRXS on those shocks, you should be close, if not the same, in performance. The old XXXS shocks are nice, but NOWHERE close to the quality of the newer JRXS shocks. Fortunately, the new shocks aren't that expensive if you ever want to bring the car up to the original spec.
i know i Pm him too. i got the response that he doesnt have the original shocks, i didnt catch it till i got the car.. the car is indeed beautiful everything is in great shape, the carbon fiber is mint,it looks new, so im happy with that. plus i got some extra parts and some usable tires and not usable.. so i ended up buying a set of jrxs shocks and springs with 50wt losi shock oil from losi parts house. for the price paid its no biggie not a total loss, i just wont buy from him again.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Yeti35
I am going more with the drivers havin a bad time then the car bein that bad. AE did well but look at the drivers they had in that most don't run onroad full time and probably went in with no expectations and did really well. I did the samething at an offroad race the other month and was in the A in every class I entered. I don't see it as the car suckin, just the drivers havin an off day. I just have a hardtime believing the TC5 is that good, since it copies a design already out there and proven. I am not ready to dump my Type R's just to get the winning Reedy car.
most of the losi team was pretty good it takes some luck to do good in this race and luck wasnt on our side this weekend i mean i couldnt get a start for nothing in the spec mains it seemed like every time we hit the first corner i would be a straight away down allready now thats hard to make up on the track my car was very good and fast all all week so please guys dont give up on the car allready its really good later jason
Old 05-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
most of the losi team was pretty good it takes some luck to do good in this race and luck wasnt on our side this weekend i mean i couldnt get a start for nothing in the spec mains it seemed like every time we hit the first corner i would be a straight away down allready now thats hard to make up on the track my car was very good and fast all all week so please guys dont give up on the car allready its really good later jason

No worries Jason!!!! Ain't nobody giving up on Nut'n!!! Word!!! As with others we all want our car to dominate big races. NOW..........

You RROC guys better start posting set-ups or we WILL-come hunt you down !!!! LMAO

Brant
Old 05-28-2007, 01:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Broken Wishbones

Hi guys, i've not been having too much luck with these silly wishbones. I can't remember how many i have broken only that the pile of broken parts is growning.

So, to lighten my mood, i decided to made a little sculpture from some of the bits.

Meet my little friend, Spoony

Tim
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc00249.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc00250.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dsc00252.jpg  
Old 05-28-2007, 01:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT

You RROC guys better start posting set-ups or we WILL-come hunt you down !!!! LMAO

Brant
Ask Dumas for his setup.... he is dialed for rubber on carpet!
Old 05-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Jason, trust me Bro, I am with Pookyt. I am not givin up on this car at all. I saw you were rippin some laps in the one heat, so I know you are more comfortable with it now then when you first got it. I honestly don't put much faith in cars because of the results of one race. Not fair to the car or the talent driving them.
Old 05-28-2007, 06:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'm hoping someone dumps a nice setup, so i can snatch it up..lol
Old 05-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

those in 19T spec at RROC ran pretty much what Todd has posted with two variations.

1. some used JR link others standard style
2. most rasied the roll center all around by a gold washer 0.30

Like Jason mentioned "luck" comes into play at any larger event and the more popular the car the better the odds more will get into the main. The new TC5 did not make the Spec A as an FYI but does not mean it is not a good car.

Jason E., Allan Hewitt, and Jay Filipow were running very well and the cars looks good on the track but lady luck didn't ride with them. Although Jason did make the A main qualifying 8th

I can not speak for those using Modifieds regarding setup
Old 05-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by rocketron
those in 19T spec at RROC ran pretty much what Todd has posted with two variations.

1. some used JR link others standard style
2. most rasied the roll center all around by a gold washer 0.30

Like Jason mentioned "luck" comes into play at any larger event and the more popular the car the better the odds more will get into the main. The new TC5 did not make the Spec A as an FYI but does not mean it is not a good car.

Jason E., Allan Hewitt, and Jay Filipow were running very well and the cars looks good on the track but lady luck didn't ride with them. Although Jason did make the A main qualifying 8th

I can not speak for those using Modifieds regarding setup

Thanks Ron!!! So maybe we should all be running the "Hodge" set-up on asphalt!! I'm telling you fellas that over the past 3 years our best overall base line set-ups have come from the RROC.

Ron.......One more question! Will there be any of the molded type roll center shims for this car like there was for the old car? Thanks for your input.

Brant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.