R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #3751
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRASH
That is very nice. It should have been that way to begin with.

Later,
yes
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 05:15 PM   #3752
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedbug
Hi Guys, I have just started running a type R and have a couple of Q's for you.
First of all I am running a 3.5 brushless system and the recommended pinion is between 20 and 22T but with the 128T spur I can't get enough adjustment from the motor mounts to mesh the gears, Any suggestions?

Second, I would like to get away from the 64P gearing and change to 48P due to our car park track which has alot of small rocks and debry on it. Has anyone done this mod and if so what gear did you use?

Here are some pics of my ride
with the 128 spur gear you should be able to get a 21 on but just barley. check to seeif maybe you can rotate the motor to another mounting hloe in the can, that's what I did for my 3.5. if you want to run a 20 you might have to be a little creative with a dremel tool. Billy Fischer did that to his and it fit like a charm. you simply "extend" the adjustment hole a little further, but I would try the 21 first before you buzz your new ride.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #3753
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tank
with the 128 spur gear you should be able to get a 21 on but just barley. check to seeif maybe you can rotate the motor to another mounting hloe in the can, that's what I did for my 3.5. if you want to run a 20 you might have to be a little creative with a dremel tool. Billy Fischer did that to his and it fit like a charm. you simply "extend" the adjustment hole a little further, but I would try the 21 first before you buzz your new ride.
if you noticed with 128 spur and the 20 tooth pinion the belt pulley will rub on the can you can fit a 130 spur with no problem but if you mill down under the spur you can fit a 134 with no problems
Old 05-10-2007, 05:27 PM   #3754
Tech Adept

Apex, The things I found so far that carry over are the shocks,hinge pins,sway bars, the short arms can be used, and some of if not all the bearings, steering knuckles, and hub carriers. Hope this helps.
Bob
losi nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #3755
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 229 (99%+)

If any one from losi is watching I have emailed you several times with no response. I bought 2 sway bar kits from speedtech and only got a .060 and .030 sway bar. The packages were un-opened and brand new.
Old 05-10-2007, 06:42 PM   #3756
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Fred, I had a problem with my Chassis and called Horizon Hobby customer support directly and they took care of me. Great Customer service. Try calling them.
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 06:43 PM   #3757
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 229 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Fred, I had a problem with my Chassis and called Horizon Hobby customer support directly and they took care of me. Great Customer service. Try calling them.
Thanks man I'll give it a try.
Old 05-10-2007, 07:02 PM   #3758
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
If any one from losi is watching I have emailed you several times with no response. I bought 2 sway bar kits from speedtech and only got a .060 and .030 sway bar. The packages were un-opened and brand new.
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. I was also missing one of the screws. i guess i should try giving them a call also.
Jerry P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #3759
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Fred,

If that doesn't work send me a PM and I will get you fixed up. I am sure Horizon will resolve the issue, but worst case scenario let me know.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:04 PM   #3760
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedTech
Spool Pulley

There you go

Steve Wang
do you do international orders? i'm all the way in the Philippines and im thinking it will be a bit pricey for me to order a small part and have it shipped overseas... the shipping might even cost more than the pulleys.

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:07 PM   #3761
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Todd is pretty good about getting things taken care of if you send him an email with your issue.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 09:57 PM   #3762
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBORAT
do you do international orders? i'm all the way in the Philippines and im thinking it will be a bit pricey for me to order a small part and have it shipped overseas... the shipping might even cost more than the pulleys.
there is a way to make yor existing pulley into a spool, all you need is a header card (like a thin card board for a parts bag) and some ca glue, this will save you $$ on shipping and it will take you all about 5 minutes

here is how you do it (from Adrian M.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM
To make a diff into a spool:

1. Disassemble a diff but leave the thrust bearing in the female out drive alone.

2. Remove the diff balls and clean all the silicone diff lube from the pulley, diff rings and out drive faces.

3. With thin CA glue header card stock to one side of the diff rings. Cut them out so that one side of the ring is faced with paper.

4. Reassemble the diff with no diff balls and the paper side of the diff rings facing towards the pulley. The paper takes up the space normally occupied by the diff rings so the width of the spool is correct.

5. Adjust the Spool/Diff just like a diff. Full tight then back off 1/4 turn. This will allow the spool to slip and dissipate energy during crashes. It will NEVER slip while racing, only during crashes.
Old 05-11-2007, 06:04 AM   #3763
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
there is a way to make yor existing pulley into a spool, all you need is a header card (like a thin card board for a parts bag) and some ca glue, this will save you $$ on shipping and it will take you all about 5 minutes

here is how you do it (from Adrian M.)

thanks for the info! ... will try it out
highwayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2007, 06:30 AM   #3764
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwayman
thanks for the info! ... will try it out
no problem thats how i got my type R with the 3.5 motor and it works great!!! had it the same way on all my schumacher cars too.
Old 05-11-2007, 02:55 PM   #3765
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Going carpet testing tomorrow. Planning to mess with roll centers. Will report back my findings..... Good luck to everyone racing this weekend.
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote