Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-02-2007, 01:25 PM   #3646
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Oh gosh Larry even faster????
Old 05-02-2007, 01:44 PM   #3647
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

For you foam guys, are you still doing dbl pink all the way around? If so, do you use that in club racing, or save it for big events when the traction comes up?
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 01:56 PM   #3648
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Seems like most guys run dbl pinks all around, however Brian and i both ran cyan this past weekend at the Gate....just a preference...magenta is faster but cyan is much easier to drive, so will be more consistent and maybe desireable in some cases.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:17 PM   #3649
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcracingkid
Seems like most guys run dbl pinks all around, however Brian and i both ran cyan this past weekend at the Gate....just a preference...magenta is faster but cyan is much easier to drive, so will be more consistent and maybe desireable in some cases.
Hmm, I may have to get brave and give it a try sometime soon and see how it feels. I notice when I watch the videos of you stock guys, it seems like you've got unreal amounts of steering. Is it so much that you run the risk of being loose/sliding out of you overdrive, or does the car generally maintain its rear grip fairly well, even with all that steering? I find that I can drive a loose car with a lot of steering fairly quick, but run the risk of having the back end slide out if I make a mistake, or drive too aggressively. Is that what you guys mean by it being harder to drive when you talk about cars that have a lot of steering?

Sorry if that's a lame question, I'm trying to get my head around how a car should feel. I think I know how it should look from watching the videos of big races, but the feel when I'm driving it is something else entirely.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:33 PM   #3650
Super Moderator

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)

finally got my Type R done!!

the car is perfectly balanced from left to right and front to rear is 52%/48%
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 02:39 PM   #3651
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Welcome to the Team Jay, I was looking foreward to racing against you at the IIC. Now we can work together, thats sweet.

Syndrome - My car is never loose enough to spin it out really. I generally drive as strapped as possible and dont spin out. I dont even use alot of dual rate, its all about car setup and driving. On my 3pk I use about 70% end points and 80 percent dual rate on my Type R indoors on foams. It varies a little depending on the layout, carpet and traction. But you should be able to get plenty of steering without having a loose car. Whats your setup and what are you running, foam or rubber?

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 03:38 PM   #3652
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Syndrome - My car is never loose enough to spin it out really. I generally drive as strapped as possible and dont spin out. I dont even use alot of dual rate, its all about car setup and driving. On my 3pk I use about 70% end points and 80 percent dual rate on my Type R indoors on foams. It varies a little depending on the layout, carpet and traction. But you should be able to get plenty of steering without having a loose car. Whats your setup and what are you running, foam or rubber?
Larry- Okay, that's good to know. It makes me think I'm going in the wrong direction then. I'm running foams with the kit setup. The changes I've made are 6 degree hubs, normal camber links up front, and 20lb springs in the rear. Sometimes it feels just right, sometimes it's a little loose until the traction comes up. I don't feel like the car is pushing, but it seems like if it turned more, I might be able to stay on the throttle longer/harder. I tried 25lbs up front, and it turned a lot more, but was a little too loose. I alternate between standard Parma and GQ tires (cyan/magenta) and find they work about the same. Jaco wraps push like mad with the same setup, and probably need a few changes to work right. I've got some Pro 53's on the way to experiment with.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:53 PM   #3653
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

I would say try, 4 magenta pro 53s. Compound only half the front tire maybe even a tiny bit less. This helps the car rotate really well mid corner. It will take a minute to get used to but it really is fast. DO NOT compound any farther out on the front tire than half, at least till you try it. For some reason once you go out past halfway things get nutty.

I was running 30/20 springs in 19 turn with 4 magentas and the car turned good, it would of been perfect for stock. I never tried any other tires on the car the 2 weeks I ran it before I went outside.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:08 PM   #3654
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I would say try, 4 magenta pro 53s. Compound only half the front tire maybe even a tiny bit less. This helps the car rotate really well mid corner. It will take a minute to get used to but it really is fast. DO NOT compound any farther out on the front tire than half, at least till you try it. For some reason once you go out past halfway things get nutty.

I was running 30/20 springs in 19 turn with 4 magentas and the car turned good, it would of been perfect for stock. I never tried any other tires on the car the 2 weeks I ran it before I went outside.
Cool, thanks, I'll give it a shot! How tall are you guys starting those pro 53s for club racing?
Old 05-02-2007, 04:25 PM   #3655
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrat Jason, its gonna be fun working with you with the car.
Old 05-02-2007, 04:34 PM   #3656
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hu is this Jason Feller everone keeps talking bout. I ain't never heared uh him befor. Must be good...the way yall keep going on. I gess ill congradulat hem two

DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 04:37 PM   #3657
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (97%+)
Send a message via AIM to King of B Main

Congrats to Jason and Team Losi....
King of B Main is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:26 PM   #3658
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 68 (100%+)

Welcome Jason!
RBLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:32 PM   #3659
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)
Send a message via AIM to DENNIS STORTI

congrats jason
DENNIS STORTI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2007, 05:36 PM   #3660
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man, look at all the love in this thread. E-Man you must be feeling all warm and tingley right about now
DOTMAN is offline   Reply With Quote