Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 05-01-2007, 02:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RussB
the arms have nothing to do with axle length, only the diffs. if you use an old style one-way or diff, you must use the short axles, regardless of what arms you run.
The old one-way will run the wrong way coz u got to flip it over, AS the pulleys 'R' on the opposite side to the 'S' IT DONT WORK
Malc
Old 05-01-2007, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (80%+)

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
I thought I read earlier in this thread that some people were using the older one-way but with the older axles and short arms
old oneway, short cvd's and standard arms or short arms......the bearings need to be flipped around. Maybe Todd can weigh in on how hard it is to flip the oneway bearings.
Old 05-01-2007, 05:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Josh H
old oneway, short cvd's and standard arms or short arms......the bearings need to be flipped around. Maybe Todd can weigh in on how hard it is to flip the oneway bearings.
I tried to get the bearings out of one that had a bad one in it and had no luck what so ever.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:51 AM
Tech Rookie

hi guys, my LHS will be ordering parts for the type-r, anything you guys would recommed we stock up on. also what option parts should we get? ... thanks
Old 05-01-2007, 09:53 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
The old one-way will run the wrong way coz u got to flip it over, AS the pulleys 'R' on the opposite side to the 'S' IT DONT WORK
Malc
Have you noticed the extra hloes in the chassis,

If losi were to make a reversed motor mount ou could change everything round to run it, it would be a big change though

Tim
Old 05-01-2007, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hamster778
Have you noticed the extra hloes in the chassis,

If losi were to make a reversed motor mount ou could change everything round to run it, it would be a big change though

Tim
Tim
You can reverse the drive system anyway as the car is symetrical, but looking at the car you would need to move over the servo, and swop belts over to opposite side, that way you could run the oneway.
I tried to heat up the oneway shaft on a ceramic hob (the Mrs was not happy, oh well tra la la) but as the thermostat kept cutting in, and the shaft would not get hot enough for the bearing to drop out. I will try popping in the oven (Mrs wont be happy again oh well Tra la la) and see what transpires.
Malc The im in the dog house Man
Old 05-01-2007, 11:27 AM
Tech Adept

Being spun round by some iffy driving as you well know

malc i was wacthing the last final and it was a good race to wacth between you and tim.i dont think that he took you out,the way i saw it he was quicker through the sweeper and into the next corner and he held a tighter line into that corner where you went slightly wider.

so after the 4 min 40 secounds of great racing wacthing you 2 going round nose to tail he made his move and pulled it off.he had the line from the sweeper and held it so if he had the line into the corner then you should have backed of and then you wouldnt have toched.

please dont flame me for puting this as this is how i saw it and is my opinion on what was a great race to wacth.
and i wont let you look at my magazine either lol
Old 05-01-2007, 11:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skiv
Being spun round by some iffy driving as you well know

malc i was wacthing the last final and it was a good race to wacth between you and tim.i dont think that he took you out,the way i saw it he was quicker through the sweeper and into the next corner and he held a tighter line into that corner where you went slightly wider.

so after the 4 min 40 secounds of great racing wacthing you 2 going round nose to tail he made his move and pulled it off.he had the line from the sweeper and held it so if he had the line into the corner then you should have backed of and then you wouldnt have toched.

please dont flame me for puting this as this is how i saw it and is my opinion on what was a great race to wacth.
and i wont let you look at my magazine either lol
Mate the only thing I would flame is a burger
I know what your saying, and what your saying is right to a point, its just that as he went past me he spun me round, I did turn to him and shook his hand after the race to say how I enjoyed the battle with him, its just he spun me round in the 2nd final too, which put me from 3rd back to 10th where I only managed 7th, shame really, as I think I could have held my 3rd place overall as I needed only 2 more placings to get Rubber Duck Racing in 1st 2nd and 3rd place, still, I put most of the young wipper snappers in their place eh
Cheers Malc The I cant wait for the 2nd of June for you to buy me a Burger Man
Old 05-01-2007, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

lol mmmmmmmmmmmm burger.

thats racing heat of the moment thing seconds to decide what to do.

team rubber duck lol
Old 05-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Tech Addict

the arms have nothing to do with axle length, only the diffs. if you use an old style one-way or diff, you must use the short axles, regardless of what arms you run.
dude, that's a good point. why are there drivers on here saying they're running the old one-way?

maybe they had one-ways from the development car with the bearings reversed?
Old 05-01-2007, 12:52 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skiv
lol mmmmmmmmmmmm burger.

thats racing heat of the moment thing seconds to decide what to do.

team rubber duck lol
As someone said to me some time ago, 'When your on that rostrum and racing, NOTHING in the world matters for the next 5 mins' was he right or was he right
Malc Team Rubber Duck Man
Old 05-01-2007, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I can symphathize with you, in the 2nd heat race sunday I had a guy hack me every time we got close, rather p.o'd me, he went on to the A, and I got to watch.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

dude, that's a good point. why are there drivers on here saying they're running the old one-way?

maybe they had one-ways from the development car with the bearings reversed?
We were running the one-ways from the prototype car. Bearings are the wrong way for the R in the old one. Also do not believe there is a way to hold the bearing on one side as it was captured by the bulkhead in the old car I think. They are working on the new one-way, but it will be a little bit before it is out.
Old 05-01-2007, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian L
We were running the one-ways from the prototype car. Bearings are the wrong way for the R in the old one. Also do not believe there is a way to hold the bearing on one side as it was captured by the bulkhead in the old car I think. They are working on the new one-way, but it will be a little bit before it is out.
Brian,

What setup did you end up with at the Invite this past weekend? Send me a pm or drop me an e-mail. I am very interested in seeing what you were running.

Thanks!
Old 05-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I started with what Schreff has been running and then started trying things thanks to Gray's and Hayne's suggestions. Car was awesome and will try and get something posted. Anyone come up with a editable set-up sheet yet?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.