Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2007, 01:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Heres ya set-up sheet so far for asphalt!!!

Ditch the sway bars.
Run front high roll center.
50 wt. front and 45 wt. rear
turn steering curve up from -20 to -5
Run the dog crap out of it all day.
After 3rd. qualifier be a goober and smack the wall on a cool down lap.
Break rear arm and replace both rears with short JRXS arms.
Anticipate loose rear condition since using short rear arms.
Lean rear shocks out 1 hole to compensate for loose rear.
Test car before main for 2 laps and realize your an idiot because car now pushes.
Run back to pits and lean rear shocks back to original position.
Change battery and pooky up the tires.
Set fastest lap of day and be the only one to turn 21 laps in the main!

See!! Nut'n to it!!!

Brant

Hopefully that won't happen this weekend... and it shouldn't, with my carbon fibre / epoxy reinforced arms

My spares from speedtech have arrived anyway, so I'll be using the car for the second time this weekend. Saturday is practise all day so I'll do some more running, changing settings to see what they do (camber links, shock positions etc).
One thing I'm certainly going to try is the high front roll centre, seems like a lot of people like that setting on the car at the moment. Going to try a longer rear link as well, hopefully reduces the snappy ness on the rear. Also as I'm running stock, going to drop the rear toe-in down to 2degrees, and get that straight line speed back up (fairly large outdoor track).
I have pretty much all the tunning options now (bar the front one-way.. any dates?) so will be easy to play now
Persoanlly, I always like to use roll-bars outdoors... always find it makes the car smoother to drive, and keeps the corner speed up

Regards
Ed
Old 04-27-2007, 05:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtaiji
U can switch off easily right after the run. It's quite OK. Better than this.

looks to me its so you can switch it off during a run
Old 04-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtaiji
What in the world is that behind your spur gear?

I agree, move the switch dude...
Old 04-27-2007, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

RC MUSHROOM instock spare parts
Old 04-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 94 (100%+)

Just curious as to how many are running the servo saver vs the solid arm?

I'm thinking I may get to get out to run the car this weekend. If not next weekend will be it. I got the car the day it was released and have had it sitting on the shelf Wife finishes law school Monday night so I'll get a reprieve before the BAR exam prep starts...ugh!
Old 04-27-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Initiate

Default Servo and fan, which one?

Any problems with fittment using a KO PDS-2413 ICS servo? Is this a good servo to use or would you guys reccomend another one? I will be using a Futaba 3pm 2.4GHz TX.

Are their any fans available that fit the factory mounting locations, or (for what reason) are you best to use COOLCANFAN set up?

Big thanks
Old 04-27-2007, 07:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Babalu
Any problems with fittment using a KO PDS-2413 ICS servo? Is this a good servo to use or would you guys reccomend another one? I will be using a Futaba 3pm 2.4GHz TX.

Are their any fans available that fit the factory mounting locations, or (for what reason) are you best to use COOLCANFAN set up?

Big thanks
That KO servo will work great. There are several fans that mount to the stock locations.

Blake, I am running the servo saver that is built into the steering system. Works great. I am pretty sure most people are running it.
Old 04-27-2007, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Big thanks
The prob is, with the fans mounts situated on the bulkheads, is that the fans do not sit directly over the kan, and blow partially on the bulkheads so therefore not getting the full affect of the fans cooling the kan,brushes and arm, this is why I felt it was better to move them over a tad
You can purchase fans from most electrical shops but be aware as most of them will slow down or even stall over a motor kan that has strong magnets due to thae fact that the internal make up has a steel ball bearing inside, the fans on a CCF are of a different make up entirely, and will not stall over a kan with strong magets, you pays your monies and makes your choice.
Cheers Malc
Old 04-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RBLove
Blake, I am running the servo saver that is built into the steering system. Works great. I am pretty sure most people are running it.
I agree, the servo is nice to have this time round, as on the 'S' I could not seem to fit one, that's not to say that I did any damage to my servo the 2 years I had the 'S' which is a demostration of how strong the car was
Malc
Old 04-27-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Big thanks
I use the novak fans on my car and no problems. I temped a motor after a run with and without the fans and the novak fans made a big difference in temperature. I also find that they seem to move more air then any of the other RC fans that I have bought in years past.

I'm not 100% sold on the logic on moving the fans over - for the slight change in location of the fans I would be more worried about the amount of natural airflow that the mount blocks - that and I like how clean the fans look when mounted right to the bulkheads.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
looks to me its so you can switch it off during a run
You can have it switched off during a run or just have it smashed completely. I got mine mounted on the top deck in my car and it works well since there was a hole there I could mount it with a screw.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

How are you guys getting power for your fans, just pluggin them into the receiver or direct soldering to some other power source? My shop has the AE fans attached with one plug that would go into the receiver. I was thinking about getting those.
Old 04-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Yeti35
How are you guys getting power for your fans, just pluggin them into the receiver or direct soldering to some other power source? My shop has the AE fans attached with one plug that would go into the receiver. I was thinking about getting those.

I use the AE fans as they have black wires and are pre wired together... they look sweet.

KB
Old 04-27-2007, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
Just curious as to how many are running the servo saver vs the solid arm?

My first run on the car I had the solid arm on because Todd didnt have any extra springs with him for the saver. This resulted in an immediate broken servo. I thought to my self.. hmmm that gear was in that servo for like 2 years.. maybe it was just time. I replaced the gear and went out and did it again. Thankfully Kevin Hebert had an extra saver assembly hiding in his parts box.. and i havnt broken a servo since...

KB
Old 04-27-2007, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
My first run on the car I had the solid arm on because Todd didnt have any extra springs with him for the saver. This resulted in an immediate broken servo. I thought to my self.. hmmm that gear was in that servo for like 2 years.. maybe it was just time. I replaced the gear and went out and did it again. Thankfully Kevin Hebert had an extra saver assembly hiding in his parts box.. and i havnt broken a servo since...

KB
So in Keith's words, DO NOT USE THE SOLID ARM!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.