Team Losi JRXS Type-R >

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Old 04-20-2007, 04:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Advil
You need to come back out here and humble him a little. I will try to this weekend but......my driving skills may get the best of me! LOL
nah, that's too easy, I need a challenge.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
nah, that's too easy, I need a challenge.

Yo! Matt-E! Glad your back in the Losi frame of mind. hehe

Brant
Old 04-20-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Yo! Matt-E! Glad your back in the Losi frame of mind. hehe

Brant
There's no electric onroad racing here in the Omaha area during the summer so I have to hang out in the offroad threads, I just stop by every now and then to see what's up and harass a few people. BTW the Losi 8ight rocks
Old 04-20-2007, 07:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I think hes been humbled by white chocolate!.I would have slit my wrists ..
Old 04-20-2007, 08:26 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AARON YOUNG
I think hes been humbled by white chocolate!.I would have slit my wrists ..
BRUTAL!

he's called me like 3 times this week with setup questions for his type-r
Old 04-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Finished the build last night. Every thing looks nice! I did have one problem thought, I could not get the diffs to tighten up. Any one else have this problem?
Old 04-21-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Fred Perkins
Finished the build last night. Every thing looks nice! I did have one problem thought, I could not get the diffs to tighten up. Any one else have this problem?
When you say tighten up! do you mean so that they don't slip? Personally I build my diff then put it in the car, this is when I tweak the diff. While holding the and a wheel, try to turn the opposite side of the same diff, if the wheel turns then the diff is slipping, keep turning the diff screw in increments until the wheel dont want to crank over. Hope this helps
Malc
Old 04-21-2007, 06:09 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RussB
BRUTAL!

he's called me like 3 times this week with setup questions for his type-r
so I guess I missed the Losi press release where Stlnlst switched to the Type R?!?!? you mean the former Schumacher/Xray sponsored driver is driving a Losi?!? I think I still have his cell #, time to do some harassment today
Old 04-21-2007, 11:09 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

that is intended, there should be a slight slip - when you run on the track the diff will perform well and last a long time too
Old 04-21-2007, 12:02 PM
TLRacing

Hi Fred,

When you have the front of the car facing away from you, you should be able to hold the left rear tire and spur gear at the same time, then try and rotate the right rear tire. This should barely slip. If you do the opposite, the left tire should slip more so than the right side. On the diff hub the diff ring is keyed by the D-ring. On the diff tube side the diff ring is intended to slip on the brass washer to act as a slipper for you diff. This increases diff life immensely. We have run this setup in mod a lot and it has worked great giving greater diff life to our cars.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:05 PM
TLRacing

TECH TIP BY TODGE:
Apply some of the Team Losi thrust bearing grease on each drive pin that locates into your outdrives of your LCD and RCD. By adding grease to this area it will help free up the car. The nice thing about this is our diff design, all the grease stays contained in in the diff outdrives since everything is enclosed.
Old 04-21-2007, 12:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 264 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Hi Fred,

When you have the front of the car facing away from you, you should be able to hold the left rear tire and spur gear at the same time, then try and rotate the right rear tire. This should barely slip. If you do the opposite, the left tire should slip more so than the right side. On the diff hub the diff ring is keyed by the D-ring. On the diff tube side the diff ring is intended to slip on the brass washer to act as a slipper for you diff. This increases diff life immensely. We have run this setup in mod a lot and it has worked great giving greater diff life to our cars.
Thanks Todd! I have the front diff not slipping and the rear diff slipping slightly. I think I might have over tightned the screw and stripped the plastic. I ordered some extra outdrives so I'll switch it out when they get here. For now I was gonna CA the screw threads in the outdrive....sound ok? By the way excllent work! I love the metric wheel nuts. Everything lined up first try. What a joy to build. Thanks LOSI!
Old 04-21-2007, 05:52 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Well guys had a good outing today with the car. I put on the P-Dub and BRP lower bumper brace on there and held the car together really well. I did break one front arm due to smacking a corner in a sweeper that was sticking out. Broke out of my slump and turned the fastest lap of the day and maybe track. Car was reeally consistent. Thanks to JLand for working with me on some issues.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:07 PM
Tech Addict

yay, no broken parts today! my car worked great, but the driver was just ok. i had the wierdest thing happen to me in my main. a car got bumped by another car, it bumped into mine, and my car popped a spring cup off.

whatever, there's next time. the good news is that my car handled great and the day was uber cheap.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I was intending to race mine today and was running it in practice, but it did not feel right. Rear was rather loose but thought it was my lack of new tires and a dusty track. I came home and look on here to see the info on how to do the diff and I believe that was my whole problem. I ended up just running my old car in stock.

Is anyone that is running rubber like the kit setup and if not what are you changing on it? I can't make a comment on that setup since I had other issues and really could not get a good feel for it. I do have to say this thing deffinitely has way more steering and corner speed then the last car. I believe once I get it dialed in it will be great. I really want to try it on carpet though, but have to wait for our track to reopen.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.