Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 05:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Capelracer
Any thoughts on using aluminium screws to hold the battery tray in?? Not worried about the weight, only the strength. I just want to use different coloured screws - if I'm in a hurry on raceday I'll occasionally undo the wrong ones trying to change the battery
I've been using aluminum screws to hold the battery in on my car. Most all the screws on my car are black aluminum so you really can't tell. Aluminum works fine for the most part. You just have to make sure you put them in tight cuz they can work their way loose. You also have to be a little gentle when tightening otherwise you will strip them. The last thing you wanna do is bust out the dremel to get a screw out.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

UK drivers, spares are now in the shops.

Got some front wishbones from DMS.

Chris
Old 04-19-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by schreff
I've been using aluminum screws to hold the battery in on my car. Most all the screws on my car are black aluminum so you really can't tell. Aluminum works fine for the most part. You just have to make sure you put them in tight cuz they can work their way loose. You also have to be a little gentle when tightening otherwise you will strip them. The last thing you wanna do is bust out the dremel to get a screw out.
WHAT??

Somebody say Dremel????

Brant
Old 04-19-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Tried the link and it did not let me even when I registered.

Originally Posted by TryHard
Hi All,

Just found this setup on another forum, Thanks to Mr Hodge for writing it up, and Mr Spashett for posting it there
Outdoor asphalt.
T.Hodge - Rippon Raceway - Region 12 Champs

Intriguing to see use of the red foam in the shocks too

Cheers
Ed
Old 04-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by POOKYT
WHAT??

Somebody say Dremel????

Brant
That's right, I said it! DREMEL!!!

Lucky for me, I have been Dremel free with the Type R. I had a couple people approach me asking if my car came with a dremel. The funniest thing was me finishing my car and then watching the other person build theirs (different brand car mind you) with dremel in hand! Ya, they ate their words.

And can't wait for this weekend. First weekend for me with the car on asphalt.
Old 04-19-2007, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Great ya got ole Pook hot and bothered. Now he will be in the lab getting after it.

Hey, Brant you are using that quick change cutting wheel setup right? lol
Old 04-19-2007, 11:59 AM
Tech Lord

I didn't need a Dremel, but I did have to file the chassis a bit in the front for belt clearance (if you decided to run the front diff low) and the top deck just a tiny bit to make the connectors on the LiPo a little easier to get to.

I'm having really good luck with the kit setup plus a few changes. 6 degree hubs, 20lb. springs in the rear, and normal camber links up front. It rotates so fast I've had to adjust my reaction time to get on the throttle faster. I'm used to cars taking a little longer to square up and waiting, which I haven't had to do with the R. It's sitting there ready to launch, like it's saying "WTF, lets go already!" Fun stuff, this car has truly made racing more enjoyable.
Old 04-19-2007, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
I took my stock steel ones and emmery papered them shiny on top. Now they're standing out in contrast and durable to constant use.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:20 PM
Tech Master

Anyone know how the "arm" thing is coming along?? I picked up a new kit yesterday still in the box and I heard a front arm break

E
Old 04-19-2007, 01:33 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EricF
Anyone know how the "arm" thing is coming along?? I picked up a new kit yesterday still in the box and I heard a front arm break

E
I would look to pick up some spares if your shop has them unless you are really good about not hitting things at all. Was not just the fronts, rears were going just as easily.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rocketron
Originally Posted by RussB
quick question, is there some sort of white fiber or rod impregnated into the arms? i noticed something that looked like thick dental floss in the front arm.
Yes we have noticed this, it appears to be part of the problem. We'll know more very soon!

Thanks again
Ron

finding the problem is the first step toward fixing it.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SoCalMitch
Tried the link and it did not let me even when I registered.
Try this
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-thodge-region12-champs.jpg  
Old 04-19-2007, 01:55 PM
Tech Lord

So they're leaning toward a material/injection issue rather than a design issue? Does that make it more easy to fix, if it's a problem with the batch of EA3 or whatever? I'm not a process guy, sorry.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TryHard
Try this
Any chance you can upload the original PDF of this? The Jpg version does not print out right for me.
Old 04-19-2007, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by syndr0me
So they're leaning toward a material/injection issue rather than a design issue? Does that make it more easy to fix, if it's a problem with the batch of EA3 or whatever? I'm not a process guy, sorry.
from my experience, a material issue would be easier to fix than a design issue. if the arms were to be redesigned, they would require new molds which are expensive and take time to get fabricated.

the design seems beefy enough, and the jrxs ea3 arms i had my hands on were damn near indestructible.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.