R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-13-2007, 08:12 AM   #3181
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Paul1786511

I know that this has been said before but where can i get the p-dub bumper from ?

Paul
Paul1786511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:31 AM   #3182
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1786511
I know that this has been said before but where can i get the p-dub bumper from ?

Paul

www.pdubracing.com
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 08:32 AM   #3183
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1786511

Paul

P-Dub Racing

Later,
CRASH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:03 AM   #3184
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Paul1786511

Cheers Guys
Paul1786511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #3185
Tech Master

Why is it when you break your car its always from a lite "tap". Come on guys... are there really lite taps

E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #3186
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF
Why is it when you break your car its always from a lite "tap". Come on guys... are there really lite taps

E
These arms are taking less force to break then the previous graphite ones. The arm I broke a Pdub or Rubberneck bumper would have made no difference in savin it.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:54 AM   #3187
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricF

E

It's not that hard to believe. I set my old RDX on the track and was literally bumped from behind be someone also setting their car on the track. It broke the rear A-arm. That was the very first time I set the brand new car on ANY track, ever. It was a laughable "bump" that broke parts that should never have broken. I spent the next 5 months dealing with similar instances of breakage. I wasn't the only one to do so...

I've seen little "bumps" that broke parts on touring cars that would make you NEVER want to buy the cars that broke.

Hearing all of these stories is bringing me back to a place that I don't want to see again. I hope this stuff gets sorted out, because bumpers are Band-Aids for other problems and not cures or complete solutions.

I still REALLY want this car, but not if I need to keep dozens of spare arms in the tool box. I want to wrench LESS at the track, not more.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 10:57 AM   #3188
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
These arms are taking less force to break then the previous graphite ones. The arm I broke a Pdub or Rubberneck bumper would have made no difference in savin it.
Is it true that the axles stick out past the rim?? If this is the case wouldn't those dig into the boards and rip the arm from the axle which if that is the case you'll need a 12" wide bumper...
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:02 AM   #3189
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

the front arm i broke was definitely a light tap. it was my first pack with the car, i was not anywhere close to race speeds, was very easy on the gas, etc... i bumped a flexible bumper around a corner and the arm just snapped in half. i'm running the wide assoc hexes in the front, so axle sticking out from the nut was at a minimum.

i will grind my axles down before the next time i race, but i'm still going to run graphite arms...
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:11 AM   #3190
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee
Is it true that the axles stick out past the rim?? If this is the case wouldn't those dig into the boards and rip the arm from the axle which if that is the case you'll need a 12" wide bumper...
Yes, the axles stick out after tires are set and nut is bolted; they stick out an ugly 4mm at least. It looks like a those Roman/Greek chariot rides from 2000 yrs ago gladiators would fight with to take out each others wheels or cut off legs from by-standers. This is definetely part of the issue...

a) either a shorter axle needs to be realeased,

b) or a maybe bringing the arms out more by using the outer hole on suspension holders, instead of the inner one.

c) Or, using shims between the plastic wheel hex adapters and the tires so increase track width

d) Dremmel 4mm off the axles so that they are flush with the wheel nut once the wheels are mounted.

5) Drive it like its, solo, and always stay in the middle of the track; but dont get angry when others are blowing by you...

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:11 PM   #3191
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

If anyone cares to try, and they have the old car.. put the front axles on from it. Rather than butchering the new ones. I am running them and there have been times I have definitely cringed from a "board meeting" and like i have been saying all along, 2 broken arms in 3+ months... both of which, not from driving error. But one from someone turning on a radio, and the other from putting the car on the track and having it BLOWN off before I ran it..

Also= one day at CEFX last year some friends watched me go through my entire inventory of front right short arms on the old car. Infact, both of my front motor cars are is still sitting in my closet without a front right arms..

I do have a Rubberneck bumper.

KB
Old 04-13-2007, 01:59 PM   #3192
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to hamster778

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Have you broke front or rear arms? Have you upgraded to a P Dub bumper or a Parma bumper. I wish the car could have came with a stiffer bumper. This is what we raced all season and we did not have production arms be this fragile.

Trust me the pro's hit stuff....really hard. I am just wondering if the stiffer foam bumper is helping?
I have just spent well over £300 on my new Losi tc, i shouldn't have to spend out more on a better bumper so that the soft plastic arms are better protected.

As a good will gesture, it would be nice if they were to send every type R owner a free p-dub bumper

Just my thoughts,

My car still broken, probably two more weeks to wait

Hamster

Last edited by hamster778; 04-13-2007 at 02:24 PM.
hamster778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:16 PM   #3193
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I spent twice as much as you on two cars, and it didn't come with a pony. I think Losi should send me a complementary pony.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 02:43 PM   #3194
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to hamster778

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
I spent twice as much as you on two cars, and it didn't come with a pony. I think Losi should send me a complementary pony.
i've now got a tricycle
hamster778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 03:10 PM   #3195
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
I do have a Rubberneck bumper.
KB
I've heard the Rubberneck bumpers are much better than the p-dub ones...can anyone confirm or deny this?

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote