R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-05-2007, 05:33 PM   #3001
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOTMAN
Your GF is not going to be happy with your nice package?

LMAO!!!!!!!! Ya stepped into that one!!!

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:14 PM   #3002
Tech Master

Acouple of ?'s gentlemen
1) Why is it that the pulleys are on the opposite sides as the previous car and also the motor
And why in the manual does the diagram show 2 PT's 1 on the top deck and 1 under the front axel is it a fail safe
Malc
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:28 PM   #3003
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to TL_XXX-S_racer

I believe Losi swapped the belts so its easier to get to the motor and batteries.
I forget why they moved the motor to the rear. :P I know Its basically based off an F1 car.
In the manual they show 2 PT, to show where they can be mounted. Either under the front diff, or on top of the top deck.

One thing I want to ask. Has anyone else had a problem with the front suspention being free without the shocks connected. The rear arms move freely but the front are bound up. Just want to know if its me or someone else experienced this.

Team Corally

Superior Hobbies
"Supplying all your r/c racing needs"
TL_XXX-S_racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:02 PM   #3004
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
Civic... R.... Lo5i.... R...
Awesome Malc! Your type R Fu is strong. Although I don't know which is the better sight, the rear end of a another R, or the fact that you finally got the little R. I hope they both treat you well as befitting their heritage. I know I love both of mine. Maybe it is time for a new vanity plate for mine... I don't think anyone ever gets mine, MSGP03S..... Yes, I am an ultra geek sometimes...

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #3005
Tech Elite

Quote:
Acouple of ?'s gentlemen
1) Why is it that the pulleys are on the opposite sides as the previous car and also the motor
And why in the manual does the diagram show 2 PT's 1 on the top deck and 1 under the front axel is it a fail safe
Malc

If you really look at it then you will see that it had to go this way or you would have to remove the belt to take out the motor.

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #3006
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TL_XXX-S_racer
I believe Losi swapped the belts so its easier to get to the motor and batteries.
I forget why they moved the motor to the rear. :P I know Its basically based off an F1 car.
In the manual they show 2 PT, to show where they can be mounted. Either under the front diff, or on top of the top deck.

One thing I want to ask. Has anyone else had a problem with the front suspention being free without the shocks connected. The rear arms move freely but the front are bound up. Just want to know if its me or someone else experienced this.
If you have the JR links on then u may have to work them a bit to get it to free up, when they are new they are a tad tight....but they won't get sloppy as fast becuase of that.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:30 PM   #3007
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to Paul1786511

Nice Pic Malc !!! See you got Laura to help you hold the box lol

Paul
Paul1786511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:20 PM   #3008
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Acouple of ?'s gentlemen
Malc
Don't tell anyone but by putting 2 transponders in your car, you count double the laps...but don't tell anyone else.

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 09:29 PM   #3009
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterhit
...Your ...rear end... finally got the little ...treat... befitting their heritage... I know I love ...an ultra geek sometimes...

Mike Slaughter
Sometimes you gotta read between the lines with these 'R' nutters.
Lost Aggresiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:28 PM   #3010
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Todd,

Any guess on when a one-way will be made available? Its part number doesn't seem to be in Horizon's system yet. :-(
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 08:48 PM   #3011
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

well, i had a hard time believing the reports on here that the new ea3 arms are fragile... i had run arms on the mid motor car made from that material and they were durable as heck.

one slight brush with a bumper on my first run cracked one of my front arms in half. it split in half right where the arms are notched out for wheel clearance. i put on some jrxs graphite arms in the front and had no further problems.

other than that, the car ran good. i'm still fine tuning my setup, but i was able to run some pretty good times today while practicing.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:26 AM   #3012
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussB
well, i had a hard time believing the reports on here that the new ea3 arms are fragile... i had run arms on the mid motor car made from that material and they were durable as heck.

one slight brush with a bumper on my first run cracked one of my front arms in half. it split in half right where the arms are notched out for wheel clearance. i put on some jrxs graphite arms in the front and had no further problems.

other than that, the car ran good. i'm still fine tuning my setup, but i was able to run some pretty good times today while practicing.
After driving the JRXS and seeing how durable that car was I thought this one would be awesome. I am glad to hear that there are a few more out there with this issue than a couple of us. The car is fast and feels real good. I am waiting for my P-Dub bumper, I am going racing today and all I have is one more pair of arms. I did make an extended bumper brace for the front so hopefully that will help out. I conjured up the idea that I would copy the Kydex plastic brace that was used on the Corally, instead of plastic I used a 1/8 inch thick Lexan.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 08:38 AM   #3013
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I'm running the PDub and I shattered an arm this week, first time out. I put the short BK arms on and was OK after that. I like how the car felt with the short arms. It's a pain when you trying to get the thing tuned up and you have to change both sides out in between rounds. Especially on a week night when you only have 35-40 minutes btween rounds. The car is really coming along.

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:39 AM   #3014
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I know the kit comes with the EA3 arms, but the arms I received from Horizon are not the EA3 arms, so hopefully these will work out better. I think someone should make aluminum front a-arms for this car if it is a bad issue.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 10:54 AM   #3015
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)
Send a message via MSN to Dasupacat1

I broke an arm the other week. Wasn't a hard it either. I don't think the EA3 compound is the problem though. The new arm just has less "meat" than the short Jrxs arms. Compare the two and you can easily see why the new arms aren't as tough. Hopefully Losi will address this and beef up the arms in strategic areas.
Dasupacat1 is offline   Reply With Quote