R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 04-03-2007, 08:29 PM   #2941
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

What do you think about 19 turn class Hodgimoto? Think the extra weight savings will over come the loss of voltage?

See ya Sweetie

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:33 PM   #2942
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
What do you think about 19 turn class Hodgimoto? Think the extra weight savings will over come the loss of voltage?

See ya Sweetie

EA

Good question, EA. I am, of course, wondering the same thing. What do YOU think?

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:38 PM   #2943
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to EAMotorsports

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow
Good question, EA. I am, of course, wondering the same thing. What do YOU think?
For 19 turn I dont think the weight will overcome the extra power of 6 cell. One problem is that running the Reedy motor on a track that large with 6 cell the FDR would be in the 5.50-5.70 range. With 5 cell I would think it would be at around a 5.0 FDR....thats pushing the motor I think....But let me know what you learn this weekend

EA
EAMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #2944
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

i think the option to run 5 cell at a lower weight is an awesome idea. it'll make it very clear what the advantageous setup is.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 PM   #2945
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

O boy, this has become another page in the "how many cells" debate...lol

All i know is i have run 4 and 5 cell in my car, and it is uber simple to try since the car is balenced well no matter how many cells... now practically speaking i would run 6 cell in 19 turn for sure, and maybe 5 cell in mod (BL would defiently solidify the choice, brushed would most likely run 6 cell).
Old 04-03-2007, 10:52 PM   #2946
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is there a repository of setups anywhere for this car or the last? Or, anybody have a rubber setup for the old car? I'm trying to get my head around a starting point at least in terms of what parts I'll need to get the car ready for rubber. If someone can PM me the hot rubber setup from the old car, that would be great.

Edit: On carpet, that is.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 02:43 AM   #2947
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Is there a repository of setups anywhere for this car or the last? Or, anybody have a rubber setup for the old car? I'm trying to get my head around a starting point at least in terms of what parts I'll need to get the car ready for rubber. If someone can PM me the hot rubber setup from the old car, that would be great.

you have PM dude
Malc
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 08:51 AM   #2948
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:

And the die-hard Corally troll makes the switch....

What happened to the Phi - I thought you were one of the famed few that got the chance to test this car.
duckman996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:12 AM   #2949
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman996
And the die-hard Corally troll makes the switch....

What happened to the Phi - I thought you were one of the famed few that got the chance to test this car.
You see, even when I haven't caused trouble in months, people try and bait me into more.

The RDX is a fine car, and served me well. I drove it for nearly two and a half years, and it was still capable of more than I had to offer.

I decided to switch to Losi because it clearly was designed with LiPo and brushless racers in mind, which suits me well since that's the combination I use. I also feel good about supporting a company that openly embraces the future.

I never drove the Phi, or even saw one in person, so I'm not sure where that came from. Who's the troll again? Anyway, I'm sure it's a fine car, but it seemed like much of the same, especially the arms, and I personally was ready for a change. I'm certain many people will win many races with that car in the future.

Anyway, duckman, even though I've done my best to retire from trolling, I'll be sure to keep an eye out for you specifically when I'm feeling ornery. One good troll deserves another.

Last edited by syndr0me; 04-04-2007 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:13 AM   #2950
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCoolCanFanMan
you have PM dude
Malc
Thank you!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:17 AM   #2951
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to squarehead Send a message via MSN to squarehead Send a message via Yahoo to squarehead Send a message via Skype™ to squarehead

Quote:

There are a lot of setups still on www.jrxs.com including the Numan setup that worked everywhere on rubber tires.
squarehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:20 AM   #2952
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexSpeed
There are a lot of setups still on www.jrxs.com including the Numan setup that worked everywhere on rubber tires.
Cool, I'll have another look. I had trouble registering last time I was there. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2007, 11:30 AM   #2953
Tech Elite

syndr0me and all!!!

I have some ideas on the lipo tray so tell me what you guys are needing as far as how heavy. Please-Please-Please give it to me in ounces cause you know I don't have any metric tools in my box!!!! LOL

Brant

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 11:47 AM   #2954
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by POOKYT
syndr0me and all!!!

I have some ideas on the lipo tray so tell me what you guys are needing as far as how heavy. Please-Please-Please give it to me in ounces cause you know I don't have any metric tools in my box!!!! LOL

Brant
With the Carbon LiPo, I'm running 7oz in the bottom of the LiPo tray to get my car over 51oz (with foams). The Platinum LiPo is 2.5oz heaver than the Carbon.

For electronics, I'm running the GTB (no fan), Futaba FASST receiver, and Futaba 9550 servo with a personal transponder. The Novak 13.5 Pro motor, and currently one fan on the motor.

I'm going to try the Platinum LiPo in the near future to see if the reason I'm slowing at the end of races is due to being too deep into the discharge curve of the 3200's. I'll probably remove 5 or 6 of the .5oz tungsten weights from the tray and add them to my carbon packs so they're the same weight as the Platinum, so I can easily rotate between them without affecting weight.
Old 04-04-2007, 12:08 PM   #2955
Tech Adept

Send a message via MSN to hamster778
Default Big Smile

Finally i have got my hands on my new jrxs type R. I pick itup from the model shop a little while ago.

At first look the parts look great. i will have fun putting together,

Hamster
hamster778 is offline   Reply With Quote