R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-30-2007, 10:08 AM   #2776
Tech Addict

Send a message via MSN to RussB

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
Are spare arms available anywhere yet? If not, is there any time frame on their release?
losipartshouse and ampdraw probably have the jrx-s (short) arms available in graphite.
RussB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #2777
Tech Addict

What is EA3?
ioxqq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 10:29 AM   #2778
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Help with Diffs and Servo Saver Settings

A friend of mine just got a Type R and needs some help setting up the rear and front diff. He'll run the type R with mod brushless motor- so how tight should the rear diff be? How tight should the front diff be? We're looking for feel...I know traditionally the rear diff is a bit looser than the front, and some like to tighten the front diff to make it spool-like. We just need to know how tight should the rear feel, as in the instructions I dont see anything about this- do you just adjust untill there is no slip, as you go? Also, what about the servo saver screw cap-how tight should it be?

"Release the Kraken"

Last edited by yyhayyim; 03-30-2007 at 11:29 AM.
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:10 AM   #2779
Tech Regular

anyone know the part number for the front spool gear size 41 and 42
mugenracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:13 AM   #2780
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq
What is EA3?
It's the name of Losi's new composite material they use to make molded pieces. I believe they've been using it on their newer off-road cars for a while now.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #2781
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq
What is EA3?
Doh! Anyways, to add a bit. From Losi;

EA3 is Team Losiís all-new exclusive molded composite. EA3 is still light but has greater strength and impact resistance than the previous composites. This translates into a car that is more nimble yet more durable, all at the same time.

Personally I can't really comment on it as this is the first time I have used it. But past reports have sung its praise in use on the original JRX-S. (Of those who have used the test bitz). Or you can head off to the off-road forum and get their take on it. (You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy)

Mike Slaughter <---- Who still luvs off-road something fierce.
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:31 AM   #2782
Tech Master

(in best mumbling Milton voice) "...ummm....yes.....iwastold there would be a prize....forbestwiringjob.....on a brushless....yes....motor....my stapler"

Check the trick wire hold downs; Losi (LOSA 9316) fuel line clips, lightweight, molded plastic, and ready to be threaded with screw directly to a spare ballast hole on the chassis. I give you permission to bite this idea, since I know you already will.

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches

Last edited by J.Filipow; 07-24-2008 at 09:55 AM.
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #2783
Tech Master

Scope the custom Type R foam stand...soon to be available for purchase from JRXS.com.

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches

Last edited by J.Filipow; 07-24-2008 at 09:51 AM.
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:35 AM   #2784
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Unhappy Help!

A friend of mine just got a Type R and needs some help setting up the rear and front diff. He'll run the type R with mod brushless motor- so how tight should the rear diff be? How tight should the front diff be? We're looking for feel...I know traditionally the rear diff is a bit looser than the front, and some like to tighten the front diff to make it spool-like. We just need to know how tight should the rear feel, as in the instructions I dont see anything about this- do you just adjust untill there is no slip, as you go? Also, what about the servo saver screw cap-how tight should it be?

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 11:36 AM   #2785
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow
(in best mumbling Milton voice) "...ummm....yes.....iwastold there would be a prize....forbestwiringjob.....on a brushless....yes....motor....my stapler"

Check the trick wire hold downs; Losi (LOSA 9316) fuel line clips, lightweight, molded plastic, and ready to be threaded with screw directly to a spare ballast hole on the chassis. I give you permission to bite this idea, since I know you already will.
Very NICE! A+ on the use of shrink wrap to confine the sensor wires! Very clean!

"Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."
Advil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:25 PM   #2786
Tech Rookie

does anyone know if the old losi bk suspension arms fit on the new losi
type r ?
beasley301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:02 PM   #2787
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
do you just adjust untill there is no slip, as you go? Also, what about the servo saver screw cap-how tight should it be?
I'm no expert, but have built a few diffs in my 18 odd years in this hobby. I personally went by feel. For a bench setting I just gradually tighten them up until I feel strong resistance. Unfortunately what may be strong for me is little to you and vice versa. After that, the final adjustment took place on the track over the course of a few packs as things broke in.

I can however tell you were they ended up. In the front, from the face of the screw to the inner end of the opposite diff tube (the black anodized bit) the distance is .136". In the rear the distance is .141" So the rear is a bit tighter which the measurement confirms as well as track feel. Obviously there will be slight variations due to tolerances. But my diffs are built with all factory components.

Remember though, this is with a 4300 with sintered rotor. A hot mod BL will require an even tighter setting. Brushless motors are brutal on diffs. Their torque is insane.

As far as the servo saver, mine is set at .164" from the plastic to the bottom of the larger diameter knurled section. Is it right? Heck if I know but it feels good, and didn't cause any noticable problems.

BTW, do you guys run at Coral Springs? My in-laws are in Davie and the next time I head down I figure I might as well bring my gear.

Mike Slaughter
masterhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:17 PM   #2788
Tech Rookie

Attached Thumbnails
Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dscf0026.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dscf0028.jpg   Team Losi JRXS Type-R-dscf0027.jpg  
Old 03-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #2789
Tech Rookie

does anyone know if the old losi bk suspension arms fit on the new losi
type r ?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:22 PM   #2790
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by beasley301
Do I get that style of wire management named after meeee?!

Just kidding, it looks great. I like the layout with the brushless ESC on the other side, too. Nice and clean. The wires remind me of one of those scary critters from The Matrix.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote