R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-26-2007, 08:04 AM   #2551
TLRacing

Quote:
Originally Posted by edward Haywood
Todd my type-R should be here today or tomorrow .I really would like to go brushless in your opinon what is a good esc .....because as we know there is limited space to work it. Anyone chime in please

This may be a biased opinion since I run for them however I think the Novak is the best. I have used the Novak GTB with the Orion BL and it has worked great. I just need to get more Orion BL motors and that is all I will run.

Mount the ESC on the right side of the chassis. This will give you more room to work with as you will not be working around the front belt.
Team Losi Racing, Orion, Nitrotane, Spektrum, Imagine It Graphics, Bradley Fine Line Designs, and Lunsford.
Todd Hodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:08 AM   #2552
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
Go to a 20lb rear spring and a 25lb front spring. That should help with your turn in.

What would help with mid-corner rotation.

The car seems good entering. But, I would like a little more steering mid-corner off. Mainly in mid-corner though.

Someday, I hope to be the man my dog thinks I am.
StewartFan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:09 AM   #2553
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

thanks for your reply...One more question I hope I'am not pushing it but is it hard to change the GTB over to also run brush ...
Old 03-26-2007, 08:18 AM   #2554
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to schreff

Yo yo fellas!!

I ran my Type R for the first time this weekend at Carpet Wars @ The Track in Maryland.

I must say, for my first time out with the car, I was extremely pleased. The car changes directions like no other car I've ever driven. It has a completely different feel, but it's a good one.

In stock, I qualified 2nd and finished 3rd. In 19t, I qualified 2nd and finished 3rd. The results don't justify how good the car was. Either I had bad racing luck or just drove poorly. The car was easily fast enough for TQ and Win in stock. As for 19t, I have a little work to do there.

I did have the advantage of working with Andrew Gray and past Losi driver Craig Xavier. <- A big thanks to both these guys! I look for a different feel with my cars than Gray and X do. Some of the info they provided me worked for me, but I had to do some stuff on my own as well. I did need softer front springs though, that would have helped a lot.

I did let Larry Fairtrace (2007 SnowBirds Stock Touring Champ) drive my car in practice. He was really surprised how good the car was on only the 2nd pack on the track.

Only gonna get better as I get more time on the car.

Thanks again Todd!!
Old 03-26-2007, 08:23 AM   #2555
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to L.Fairtrace

Your car was awesome, and the design this time is pretty much perfected I would say. I couldn't find one thing I didnt like about the car. Enough so that it has got me thinking. Too bad they are sold out at horizon, casue I need something to build this week.

Anyway Todd, nice work on this car, its good to see its finally out and works awesome out of the box.

Horsham RC. Where champions practice Failing. I'm your everything.....
L.Fairtrace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:26 AM   #2556
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default type-R

Yo larry try speedtech
Old 03-26-2007, 08:30 AM   #2557
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee
1.16 is MONEY!!
Thanks Bro...

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 08:49 AM   #2558
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by T. Hodge
A little fyi for everyone, at most of the races this past season we use double pink orange fronts and double pink rears. We even used this at Vegas and we had one of the best cars at the event. I am not really sold on the double pinks all around. At the ROAR Nats, we did use single stage double pinks and ran well for the first time however we did glue the front outer side wall above the sidewall. For some reason the Type R does not need the ultra aggressive front tire like other cars. For the most part we did not like the 26mm tires on high bite as it would make the car lift in the middle of the turn.
Hey Todd,

Have you got a suggestion for a base rubber tire carpet setup? I understand it's mainly a spring change and maybe change the front axle to a one-way to get the car working with rubbers.
I took the plunge last week to try something a little different, so a Type-R is on it's way Rubbers only at the local club though, tyres CS22 or VTec24R

Cheers
Ed
Old 03-26-2007, 08:50 AM   #2559
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFan20
What would help with mid-corner rotation.

The car seems good entering. But, I would like a little more steering mid-corner off. Mainly in mid-corner though.
You may try running the link in the back in the middle/long position, and then add a washer or 2 under the outside ball link if it steers too much for your tastes, i have been running this way on my car the last few weeks and it seems to work well (more so with good tracton)
Old 03-26-2007, 08:52 AM   #2560
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedDesignz
Ran my Type R today for the first time at our last trophy race,

TQ and a Win in the stock class.
car was simply amazing ... well worth the wait.

Big thanks to Mike H for the tips
I'd say it ran well especially with the first outing being a trophy event and all, good job keeping it off the walls
Old 03-26-2007, 08:56 AM   #2561
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard
Hey Todd,

Have you got a suggestion for a base rubber tire carpet setup? I understand it's mainly a spring change and maybe change the front axle to a one-way to get the car working with rubbers.
I took the plunge last week to try something a little different, so a Type-R is on it's way Rubbers only at the local club though, tyres CS22 or VTec24R

Cheers
Ed
Ditto
M
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:05 AM   #2562
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Talking Good Asphalt Set-Ups

I will try my new Type R this weekend in warm weather, South Florida, on outdorr asphalt track. Traction should be low-mid with sugar water treated surface...its a mid size track, with good mixed layout, similar to the Tamiya track. I know its early, but I'm sure someone has tested and found a very good set up for the R on asphalt...so, let's post them, please...also, are there any blank set up sheets for the Type R, yet?

"Release the Kraken"
yyhayyim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:37 AM   #2563
Tech Master

Do we have a projected date for the oneway???????????
Josh Hohnstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 09:54 AM   #2564
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh H
Do we have a projected date for the oneway???????????
yea 2 weeks
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 10:13 AM   #2565
Tech Regular

Send a message via AIM to kyle478

Quote:
Originally Posted by yyhayyim
I will try my new Type R this weekend in warm weather, South Florida, on outdorr asphalt track. Traction should be low-mid with sugar water treated surface...its a mid size track, with good mixed layout, similar to the Tamiya track. I know its early, but I'm sure someone has tested and found a very good set up for the R on asphalt...so, let's post them, please...also, are there any blank set up sheets for the Type R, yet?

I ran the car this weekend on asphalt. It was very fast!
I put the kit asphalt setup on the car and it was awsome. The car had very fast transisition speed and I could not beleive the steering compared to the old car.
The first pack on the car I was already at the same pace as the old car.
The second pack I through on some new tires and killed my fastest time ever run with my jrxs.

Great job Team Losi
kyle478 is offline   Reply With Quote