R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #2386
Tech Lord
 
syndr0me's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: 5280 Raceway
Posts: 13,049
Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default

The only trouble I've had so far is with the spacing on the layshaft using the PRS adapter. It's still just snug enough to bind up a little bit. That and the slot in the adapter wasn't long enough for the pin, but that's a PRS thing. It was a good 1/8" too short, so there was no forcing it in there. I may just sand down one of those spacers a tiny bit to free it up.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:18 AM   #2387
Tech Master
 
J.Filipow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,679
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak
What size fan are the mounts machined for? I could guess 25mmx25mm, but wanted to know for sure. I don't have my kit yet and was wanting to get some nik-nacs on the way.

sportpak- I would recommend getting the Losi machined and clamping drive hexes in all the available sizes and more importantly, a 7mm nut driver for the new (wheel) axle nuts.


Hexes-

LOSA9686 Aluminum .165"w (Stk) Wheel Hexes (2) $ 11.99

LOSA9687 Aluminum .195"w (+.030) Wheel Hexes (2) $ 11.99

LOSA9688 Aluminum .225"w (+.060) Wheel Hexes (2) $ 11.99


Nut Driver-

(LOSA99162)7mm
__________________
P1 Brand - "Victory is Black and White" ◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤◢◤

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 AM   #2388
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndr0me
The only trouble I've had so far is with the spacing on the layshaft using the PRS adapter. It's still just snug enough to bind up a little bit. That and the slot in the adapter wasn't long enough for the pin, but that's a PRS thing. It was a good 1/8" too short, so there was no forcing it in there. I may just sand down one of those spacers a tiny bit to free it up.
the only trouble that i've got so far is "that i haven't got my kit yet!!!!"
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #2389
Tech Master
 
sportpak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Ft Wayne, IN
Posts: 1,314
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Filipow
sportpak- I would recommend getting the Losi machined and clamping drive hexes in all the available sizes and more importantly, a 7mm nut driver for the new (wheel) axle nuts.


Hexes-

LOSA9686 Aluminum .165"w (Stk) Wheel Hexes (2) $ 11.99

LOSA9687 Aluminum .195"w (+.030) Wheel Hexes (2) $ 11.99

LOSA9688 Aluminum .225"w (+.060) Wheel Hexes (2) $ 11.99


Nut Driver-

(LOSA99162)7mm
Thanks. Any idea about the fans?
__________________
-Tamiya TA05-R - Tamiya M05 - Summit Raceway Ft. Wayne, IN

www.summitrcraceway.com
sportpak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:26 AM   #2390
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J
the only trouble that i've got so far is "that i haven't got my kit yet!!!!"
dito dude
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:29 AM   #2391
Tech Master
 
TheCoolCanFanMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Watford
Posts: 1,738
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportpak
Thanks. Any idea about the fans?
you have pm
Malc
__________________
ARC 2013 model ZEN Racing, MM-UK, HW 3.1, Rich Paints, MM UK Rug Racers win13.5 2007/8
2nd in 2008/9/10 Win Ansman GP 2010 Schumacher GP. 17.5 blinky Winner of STCC 2009/10 13.5 WLRC 2010 Summer series. Winner of EWS Winter. 17.5 Blinky Winner of 2012/13/14 Rug Racers. 17.5 Blinky 2013 WLRC summer series. Newbury RCC GP 2014 17.5 Blinky 2015 3rd in 17.5 Rug Racers
TheCoolCanFanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:41 AM   #2392
Tech Elite
 
dr_hfuhuhurr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 4,427
Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)
Default

There's a hole in the chassis (countersunk on the bottom) just a bit behind the center front bumper hole. It doesn't appear that there's any real use for this hole UNLESS (Losi is genius) and it is made for a transponder mount. Which is EXACTLY what I used it for. Transponder fits perfectly below the diff, just behind the bumper and in front of the servo. Beautiful!
__________________
"There is a fine line between hobby and mental illness. Which side are you on?"

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #2393
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,262
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

hey guys

the fans are 25x25mm and the Novak Fans not only fit well but are quite good

the countersink of the two forward bulkhead mounts are purposely cut shallower than the others. This was done because the side wall is already thin in that spot. What you may consider is using a steel screw that does not have the YFS marking on the screw head OR Ti screws in those two positions becuase they are typically a thinner headed screw. Then you should not have to do any additional countersink.
__________________
- SchuurSpeed - 6X ROAR National Stock Champion
- Hobbywing North America Team Manager
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:02 AM   #2394
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketron
hey guys

the fans are 25x25mm and the Novak Fans not only fit well but are quite good

the countersink of the two forward bulkhead mounts are purposely cut shallower than the others. This was done because the side wall is already thin in that spot. What you may consider is using a steel screw that does not have the YFS marking on the screw head OR Ti screws in those two positions becuase they are typically a thinner headed screw. Then you should not have to do any additional countersink.
I use stainless screws for the bottom of the chassis and they work real well with the factory countersink. I use stainless for I can get them in bulk from McMaster and they are cheap.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:03 AM   #2395
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
There's a hole in the chassis (countersunk on the bottom) just a bit behind the center front bumper hole. It doesn't appear that there's any real use for this hole UNLESS (Losi is genius) and it is made for a transponder mount. Which is EXACTLY what I used it for. Transponder fits perfectly below the diff, just behind the bumper and in front of the servo. Beautiful!
yes it is for a transponder look at the cad picture
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:08 AM   #2396
Tech Elite
 
Yeti35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: York, PA
Posts: 2,802
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I guess I will not be using that spot since I have no ears on any of my transponders.
__________________
JRXS Type R, I have four of them!! ;) ( Yes, I still have them!!)
22 2.0
22T 2.0
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:09 AM   #2397
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 25,177
Trader Rating: 140 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
I guess I will not be using that spot since I have no ears on any of my transponders.
that sucks, same here!
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:10 AM   #2398
Tech Elite
 
POOKYT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Cabot, AR
Posts: 3,584
Default

I feel that I'm more of a Bionicle man instead of the Transformer! LMAO

Billy --your right I could send him a solid green paint job but I gotta keep my "Live Wire" supplier happy for Vegas this year!

Brant
__________________
EA Motorsports--B-Main Motorsports--Blizzard Concepts--Loose Nuts Racing--BigDog Graphics

My Carbon Footprint is Larger than Yours! :p
POOKYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:13 AM   #2399
Tech Elite
 
rocketron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: palm desert
Posts: 2,262
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
I guess I will not be using that spot since I have no ears on any of my transponders.
i too have cut the ears off and have used a piece of lexan under the transponder with servo tape on the PT and servo taped the lexan to the chassis. but you could easily drill the lexan and put a screw through it
__________________
- SchuurSpeed - 6X ROAR National Stock Champion
- Hobbywing North America Team Manager
rocketron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 11:15 AM   #2400
The Evicerator
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Irvine, CA
Posts: 4,140
Default

filiPOW!

Shuuuuuuuuuurrrrrur!
__________________
Steve Weiss
TEAM ASSOCIATED -- REEDY -- SANWA -- PROTOFORM -- P1 BRAND -- TUNING HAUS -- TEAM KINWALD -- TEAM STEVE INTERNATIONAL
Steve Weiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[FS] Team Losi JRXS-Type R squarehead R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 9 07-21-2012 12:59 AM
Team Losi JRXS Type R gtxpro2 R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 18 09-11-2008 08:45 PM
WTB: Team Losi JRXS Type R shifter R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 07-03-2008 03:30 PM
Team Losi JRXS TYPE-R John Q R/C Items: Wanted to Buy 1 10-03-2007 06:55 PM
Team Losi JRXS Type R New In Box Canyon R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 0 06-20-2007 04:50 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 10:07 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.0