R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-22-2007, 07:02 PM   #2341
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My shaft spaced out perfect. I use the PRS adapter as well.

KB
Old 03-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #2342
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 69 (100%+)

Anyone else have the new front upper turbuckle assembly thing cause a LOT of binding? Either the screw is coming out or it's binding things up.

I'm really not digging that setup.

Blake

“Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid.” - John Wayne
dr_hfuhuhurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:42 PM   #2343
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Kropy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Billanti
My shaft spaced out perfect.

KB
Your always talking about your shaft
Kropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:36 PM   #2344
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Duriing my build has been a pain. First diff was good second diff, I got it put together and every 3 1/2 full turns it would lock up. What the heck is going on here. Took it apart several times to make sure alignment of rings were good and they were, checked the thrust assembly and I have a bad thrust bearing. All the balls were loose inside so now my build will have to wait till tomorrow morning until I can possibly get another thrust set. Man this has been a real bummer. Hey Todd where are them camber link pieces you were supposed to send to me here in Cedar Rapids, been a minimum of three weeks and while you are at it please send me another thrust bearing set to replace the bad one I have?

Last edited by 429racer; 11-07-2011 at 03:17 PM.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:51 PM   #2345
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Well, the front diff isn't supposed to be low, so the rubbing was because I didn't bother to read the next page.

Any idea if Corally thrusts will work in these diffs? I've had a grillion of them.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:17 PM   #2346
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I may just use some other thrust bearings if these are not that great. I am kind of glad you guys did get yours before me, I now know some of the things to look out for.
Yeti35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:20 PM   #2347
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti35
I may just use some other thrust bearings if these are not that great. I am kind of glad you guys did get yours before me, I now know some of the things to look out for.
I used Xray thrust bearings in my xxxs.
UN4RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #2348
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Looking at the backside of the thrust bearing there were no holes for the thrust bearings to sit down in and stay put. The diffs are just plain weird and different than anything I have built before. Had to dremel the bearing diff eccentric because it was way too tight. I dont like the use of the o-ring either to hold the diff in the eccentric. Oh well, still a nice car so far other than the little pieves.
429racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:27 PM   #2349
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Capelracer...if you mount the electonics further foward it will mellow the car out a bit more, some of us have bene running a littl elead in the nose fo this reason, it is really a preference thing.

syndrome... check to be sure the bearings have slid into the bulkheads all the way, sometimes they get caught a tad on the adonizing (i noticed hti sin my old car but it was not an issue on the type r...just check it anyays to be sure)

The corrally or xray or mcmaster car thrusts will all fit, they are 3x8's
Old 03-22-2007, 09:46 PM   #2350
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Yea, the bearings are pretty tight in the eccentrics. I wonder if they can pinch and bind like the RDX? The drive train feels very smooth right now, but stiff, probably because I haven't got the belt tension just right.

So with the JR Link, when adjusting the front camber, do you have to pop that ball cup off each time and twist it?

I'm still very impressed so far. I can't wait to get it built and on the track.
syndr0me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:52 PM   #2351
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to ROBORAT

todd: thanks on the inputs for the body. will go with the mazda 6 then.

have a couple of questions again if you dont mind....

1) how does this more conventional camber setting compare to the stock camber set-up that comes with the car? what are the benefits of each and when do you decide to run over the other (for carpet, asphalt, rubber, foam, etc)? and is there enough hardware in the kit for us to switch from one type to the other? ----> http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...370&fullsize=1

2) i read people going with the lowered diff set up. what exactly does that do? how does it affect the front and rear end of the car in terms of handling? should i even bother with it if i run rubber asphalt?

3) lastly (and this may have already been asked before), with the sway bar set from the mid motor car fit the R?

sorry, if im asking a lot. just prepping up for the arrival of my much awaited type-r! its coming in 3 days or so. im stoked! thanks in advance for the support!

http://www.hobbyhaven.com.my/

Last edited by ROBORAT; 03-22-2007 at 10:08 PM.
ROBORAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #2352
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

TIP---

I have another simple assembly tip for everyone...and it has to do with the shock shafts and the pistons. First, be sure you hit both the inside of the shock shafts and the 2-56 piston screws with motor spray. Next, BEFORE you even put the shock shaft into the completed shock body assembly, add thread lock to the 2-56 screw and thread it into the shaft. This will distribute the thread lock into the shock shaft. Remove the 2-56 screw, insert the shaft through the assembled shock body; thread the 2-56 screw through the piston and add another small drop of thread lock AFTERWARDS. Then, screw piston into the shock shaft; this assures a secure threadlock bond. (If you add thread lock to the 2-56 screw before threading it through the piston, the piston will actually remove most of the thread lock before it even gets to the shock shaft. That is the benefit of this tip.) Fill shock body with oil, cap and bleed, finish assembly.

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:06 PM   #2353
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

EDITORIAL---

This car is wonderfully and THOUGHTFULLY engineered. Period. There are many details in each aspect of the kit that speak to that fact. For example, the tapered machining on the layshaft lowers rotating weight, the use of clear shrink wrap on the LCD's for easy inspection, the inclusion of a second set of roll pin holes in the rear axles of the RCD's, the very simple and trick incorporation of the cooling fan mounts and the fan brackets, including a reusable parts box (with handle) as a kit box, etc. The fitment of all the machined and hard anodized bulkheads and pivot mounts to the carbon fiber decks and chassis is perfect. The diffs are beautifully designed and silky smooth...

Have I mentioned that I can't wait to get to the track!?

Reedy / RC America/XRayUSA / Hudy / Avid / JConcepts / Vannen Watches
J.Filipow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:26 PM   #2354
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

c'mon guys, post some buildup pictures. After the last 12th scale race I might as well drive a TC while being punted into walls
Old 03-22-2007, 11:36 PM   #2355
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

FYI

I checked Horizon distributor stock status on the Type-R. The kits are still in stock at the CA warehouse so they haven't sold out yet. Contact your LHS and they should be able to get them fast.

I also checked parts and most everything is in stock...except for front/rear arms. My guess is the hobby shops made a run on these to stock up for the new car.
Anthony.L is offline   Reply With Quote