Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
im guessing Todd Hodge
The news of Gil Losi Jr., leaving Losi/Horizon to work for Kyosho is like Mr. Huraj Hudy leaving Xray to work for some other Manufacturer...what will happen to the T2's? Can anyone really replace someone like Mr. Hudy, or in our case Gil Losi Jr.? Can Tood Hodge engineer and design like Mr. Losi? If so, then its good news for the JRX-S/R cars and their future, but if not, then I am getting a little worried...It will be nice to know who is at the forefront of Losi's engineering and R&D replacing Gil Losi JR...they couldn't have just left us hanging like that
Old 03-22-2007, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by yyhayyim
The news of Gil Losi Jr., leaving Losi/Horizon to work for Kyosho is like Mr. Huraj Hudy leaving Xray to work for some other Manufacturer...what will happen to the T2's? Can anyone really replace someone like Mr. Hudy, or in our case Gil Losi Jr.? Can Tood Hodge engineer and design like Mr. Losi? If so, then its good news for the JRX-S/R cars and their future, but if not, then I am getting a little worried...It will be nice to know who is at the forefront of Losi's engineering and R&D replacing Gil Losi JR...they couldn't have just left us hanging like that
to replace hudy its pretty easy just find someone that likes to copy things and rename them
Old 03-22-2007, 01:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i havent seen jr at a race testing and running the type R

all i have seen is the time that the losi team and todd have put into the car...

they have made it whta it is today....

TODD for PREZ!
Old 03-22-2007, 01:09 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by POOKYT
Elivs and Robert Johnson both just did back flips in their graves!!! LMAO Don't even try to tell me you weren't singing that while you typed it!!!! HEHEHE

Brant
Only in my head Pooks,.....only in my head
M
Old 03-22-2007, 01:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I was very surprised to hear this too. I'm sure Kyosho must have given him an offer he couldn't refuse. Yup, it'll be interesting to see who replaces Jr...???
Old 03-22-2007, 01:19 PM
Tech Master

Yea I agree 100% with what you have said. It would be nice to get someone from the Losi camp to re-asure us what the future holds for us Losi strong followers, after all we did wait for 5 months for the Type R to come to light, so come on Losi, give us something to have faith in you guy's to keep us from going insane on this one
Cheers Malc
Old 03-22-2007, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I would not bag on Losi too much. You have to realize who the parent company is now and what they truely care about.

I still am w/o Type R, but it is sitting in the FedEX warehouse here and should be at my shop tomorrow. I am not in any particular hurry now since my Carpet track closed due to landlord issues. So I have no place to run it this weekend anyhow.

I did how ever get my brand new PDub bumper for it today, so I am set that way. I noticed on the parts list on Horizons site there is no oneway listed at all, is the old one a carry over or just no new one developed yet? I am guessin if the old is a carry over Pooky will be keepin his and Tom will be on his own!!

For those that got their kits, are they still including a center oneway or is it just the center spool and you have to do a front oneway now?
Old 03-22-2007, 01:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

I think Todd designed this whole car pretty much himself.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:58 PM
TLRacing

We will do just fine without Jr. and we will continue to develop great products and still think outside the box.
Old 03-22-2007, 01:59 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by ROBORAT
hi todd, i assume to throw in a spool in there as well right? the old spool pads should work fine?

question, for rubber asphalt, would you reco a protoform mazda 6 (older one) or a ride accord? i remember back during your mid motor days you had a spool with ride accord body set up that was just awesome. these are the two bodies i have access to and i was just thinking which one i should have painted up first?

thanks and congrats on the release! hope the parts come soon!
Yes a spool for sure.

I would start with a Mazda 6. That body is hard to beat. I feel it has more steering than the Ride Accord.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

hey todd congrats on the release on the car i cant wait to get enough money to buy mines ive been a die hard losi guy since i came into rc i started with a xxx-t matt francis ed. and ever since ive been hooked but ive been racing at my local on-road rc club and i run 19t and of all the new cars there my xxx-s still hangs & wins with the new stuff....i just can imagine what it would be with that car...wow .....cant wait for some cash to get mines......i just want to say thanks for making such great products and thanks to the whole team losi group for making this hobby that much more fun
Old 03-22-2007, 02:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
We will do just fine without Jr. and we will continue to develop great products and still think outside the box.
Thanks for the re-asurance Todd
Malc
Old 03-22-2007, 02:52 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Oh yes, it's here. And so it begins...
Old 03-22-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Punk!

I'm hoping mine gets here tomorrow.
Old 03-22-2007, 03:44 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quick q? for the guys who have already run the car - does the speedy & receiver need to be mounted so far forward - is this a balance thing to offset the weight of the motor??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.