Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Factory Driver Salaries

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 01:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I dont get it? I was saying you should convert them to wanting electric. Out of curiosity - serious question - how many of the NTC3's come back within a couple days asking for help in starting it? I presume you dont have the same problems with the electric cars you sell?

I need to learn to keep my mouth shut so I dont lose my discount.

Randy does run a great on-road program if someone is in the area and wants to race with us. (dayton, oh).

Man we are so off-topic for this thread....
Old 09-28-2006, 02:12 PM
Tech Regular

rick howart is right on,i have been beginning to think that electric needs to institute a one driver one car class like nitro, at least in offroad if you race 1/8 thats all you race pro or sportsman, you don't put in a .28 in the same buggy and run modified buggy. what is there for electric, mod, 19t, stock, foam, rubber. all those people running the same car in multiple races just drags the races way out. another major complaint is factory drivers racing stock well if they had to race only stock or only mod, major teams couldn't afford to throw there top drivers into stock. i think this levels the playing field in all classes and cuts costs by 1/2 or more, not to mention big events finish much sooner which is better for spectators. of course on a club nite do what you like but at a large event i think this would really help electric.

all you electric diehards, you guys realy need to stop hating on the gas guys, the gas guys bring in more people than anyone. i had a friend he wanted a r/c car i said get an electric you will have much more fun, well he did and all his friends had gas, well his electric went up for sale and he got a gas truck. last i talked to him he was going back to electric because of the tuning. This is what will happen you have to remember the average joe who sees a r/c car race does not think that your x-ray t2 is any different then the cars they sell at radio shack just faster. so when you tell him how much they cost they freak, would you pay 1k for a r/c car like they sell at radio shack just faster. Most people know if its gas you can't buy it at radio shack that its hobby quality and should cost more. So let these guys go out and get there gas cars, get them to the track and let them watch how easy it is to opperate electric and there gas will be up for sale. But don't hate on them because thats how they got into the hobby.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:16 PM
Tech Champion

Im not hating on the -people- that race gas. I have no problem with that. Im hating on gas -cars-. They were too much of a pain for me. I like to keep my hands clean I guess
Old 09-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Shop Owner

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

First of all i should mention that we dont have any Greek team driver.
For this years championship we distinguish the hard core racers with the occasionals and we had 2 championships, with the names of National and World

World had maximum 10 drivers while National 18 (I know numbers look silly to you comparing your local races but unfortuantely electric racign isn;t very popular

Main differences were motor limit (12t), battery limit (3800), 1 set of tires (instead of 2)

Nick
Old 09-28-2006, 02:20 PM
Tech Champion

So that we dont hijack this thread I started a new one for the discussion of # of classes in electric on-road:

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131063
Old 09-28-2006, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

little off the main topic, to get more coverage someone needs to start it. somone needs to take a race and film and edit it and pesent it to espn and other outlets
Old 09-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Thehobbyshop, I also had a hobby store, but my addiction to R/C out weighed my profit margin. Of course I was 24 then.....>cough, cough<. LOL

In any event, if I could do it over, I would sell kits and RTR vehicles at cost(including shipping, etc), plus a few dollars. For instance, a Tmaxx at $315 would sell in my store now for $345, rather then the $359 it is at tower(rough example).

Think of how many customers there would be in the store, buying all the goodies to hop up, repair, etc. If the prices compete, or beat Mail Order on big ticket items, the things people don't price shop for would fly off the shelves! People talk prices, all over town and at tracks, etc. cheap prices on these items is ADVERTISING!!!
I have found over the years, owning one shop and managing one that people price shop only the big tickets, but the margin isn't in them to begin with, so it is easy to crush mail order if we get past the margin on the one big box.

This also should include radios, engines, batteries, except it isn't important to beat mail order on them, just match.

Building a stronger customer base and generating far more repeat sales, since there is no longer any reason to call Tower, Ace, etc.

It takes a bit of capital to accomplish, which is usually the problem for racer/owner business men, but should not be a problem for someone who puts business before racing.

I used to think good service would justify a few dollars more, but realize now people want the cheapest price and if they can get it, with a cheap price, the best service.

Last point, around here the estimate is 90:1, basher to racer, that is 90 RTR's will never see a track for every one that does! I have even heard this estimate from manufacturers! Bashers also buy more hop ups then racers do!

, Jim