Wiki Posts
Search

Integy chargers

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Integy chargers

I am looking into the 16x8v6 charger ,How are these chargers can anyone give me some feedback ,how about some feedback on integy chargers never had one .pros and cons , bad experiences whatever
Old 08-02-2006, 05:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Right now I'm liking mine though it was a rocky start. The screen bugged out on me so I had to send it back. Very good service for the return and they upgraded me to the 6.2 software. It does pretty much anything I need it to including a 30amp discharge and dyno. It's also AC/DC so you don't need a power supply.
Old 08-02-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

A while back i had a pair of 16x9, they worked fine when they worked, but i had a few problems with them (screen went out, stoped operating due to internal power supply crapping out, and they were never acurate with each other (calibration was off). I do have to say that most of the Integy chargers are very simple to use.

Since then tho, they seem to have gotten much better (i have used a few other peoples), and in terms of bang for your buck, you can't go wrong.
Old 08-02-2006, 09:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I had one...then returned it after a week.
lots of features..but no memory slots like my 16x5v6b

I'm waiting for the 16x908 (CDC 7.0) to come out... any week now..
Old 08-03-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

the features are nice, the quality is terrible. my 16x8v6 is on its way back for the second time. it pulses the motor run (not as intended), and it won't discharge. we'll see how it comes back. assuming it works as new (which it never did), i'll be selling it for a very attractive price. other than missing their sweet tools, i would not be sad if integy left the market.

i try to save money here and there, but doing it on integy chargers is not the way to go. suck it up and buy the gfx. used ones are comparable in price.
Old 08-03-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by seaball
the features are nice, the quality is terrible. my 16x8v6 is on its way back for the second time. it pulses the motor run (not as intended), and it won't discharge. we'll see how it comes back. assuming it works as new (which it never did), i'll be selling it for a very attractive price. other than missing their sweet tools, i would not be sad if integy left the market.

i try to save money here and there, but doing it on integy chargers is not the way to go. suck it up and buy the gfx. used ones are comparable in price.
i agree wit you 100% the features are awsome but the quality is horrible
Old 08-05-2006, 07:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

At first, mine would not fully charge my packs. I contacted Integy, and they sent me the firmware update (to v6.2) for free. The chargers been working
great since then (had it about 3 months now). It's a charger, discharger, dyno and power supply in a very small package. I'm very happy so far .

Last edited by qwkpony; 08-05-2006 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qwkpony
At first, mine would not fully charge my packs. I contacted Integy, and they sent me the firmware update (to v6.2) for free. The chargers been working
great since then (had it about 3 months now). It's a charger, discharger, dyno and power supply in a very small package. I'm very happy so far .
Same here (except for the not charging packs fully). However, I did sell mine cause it was too big for my pit box. I now have an Orion Advantage.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:46 AM
Tech Adept

I've been using this charger for almost a year now. Aftering putting in the 6.2 software, the unit has been running perfect. The new 3 step charging with temperature adjustment is a big plus, I cycle all my batteries at 30A when I'm not racing for several weeks and the unit cutoff at 5.4V.